No announcement yet.

Lois being equal to Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois being equal to Clark

I posted this in a different thread and it was a little off-topic but I'm still really interested in what people think.

I'm sorry but I HAVE to make this comparison cause it was staring at me right in the face for half of the episode

I think it's interesting;MOD EDIT because Lana saw herself as an equal to Clark andMOD EDIT Clark is..well he's superman. In this episode, Lois MOD EDIT as an equal to Clark. How do we all feel about that now?

Honestly, neither bother me but I'm curious to see what other people think.
    Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-27-2010, 04:12 PM. Reason: rule #10

i THINK THE DIFFERENCE WAS THAT LOIS DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO HAVE POWERS OR GET POWERS LIKE MERA AND LANA TO KNOW SHE SHOULD BE ON AN EQUAL LEVEAL WITH CLARK. SHE DEMANDS IT BECAUSE SHE KNOWS ITS RIGHT IMO.

Comment

lana's wanting to be equal to clark was all about her feeling inferior/low self esteem. She needed the powers to feel like she was clark's equal. Lois just doesn't want to be kept in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
        I posted this in a different thread and it was a little off-topic but I'm still really interested in what people think.

I'm sorry but I HAVE to make this comparison cause it was staring at me right in the face for half of the episode

I think it's interesting; MOD EDIT Lana saw herself as an equal to Clark and MOD EDIT Clark is..well he's superman. In this episode, Lois MOD EDIT as an equal to Clark. How do we all feel about that now?

Honestly, neither bother me but I'm curious to see what other people think.
        Lana saw herself as Clark's equal because she had the same abilities as he did. Lois sees herself as an equal because she believes in the causes Clark believes in and she lives a life of purpose just as Clark does, only she does it in her own unique way. In other words, Lana tried to be Clark to equal him. Lois is Clark's equal because she can handle Clark's life and live her own life without making Clark's life her own.
        Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
          lana's wanting to be equal to clark was all about her feeling inferior/low self esteem. She needed the powers to feel like she was clark's equal. Lois just doesn't want to be kept in the dark.
          she was tired of being a victim, it wasn't even about being clarks equal.

Comment

Lois wants to be an equal in her relationship with Clark as do all people.

Lana wanted to be an equal to Clark (and let's not forget she also literally stated she wanted to be an equal to Lex) because she felt inferior to them. Moreover, in order to reach that equality, Lana literally had to lose a huge part of her humanity by turning herself into (and I'm sorry about being so blunt here) but a super *freak*.

Lana left the show pretty unrecognizable from who she was in season 1 and I don't say that in a good way, and she did it so she could be on equal ground with two men in her life who really only brought her misery (though Clark out of no fault of his own).

Lois is who she is regardless of Clark but in their relationship/partnership they *are* equals and that's a fact. I don't, however, believe that Lois wants to be the Blur's equal and that is a huge distinction between her and Lana.

Comment

Originally posted by biggumt
              double standard
              It's really not. Lana tried to be Clark's equal by trying to be Clark. Lois, on the other hand, merely wants to be a hero in her own right as a reporter and someone Clark can seek out to fully share his burdens.

Comment

Well Lois' constant neediness is telling -- she needs to stop looking for reassurance by being involved in nearly every aspect of his life before she even consider being his equal, imo.

Comment

The difference in Lois and Lana is that Lana basically wanted to be Clark and Lois wants to be with Clark(with or without powers).

Comment

Lois didn't need to change herself to be an equal. Lois is 100% Lois while being his equal.

MOD EDIT I think that these are different scenarios. Clark needs someone he feels is his equal to be in a relationship with. A relationship can't work if one person is always striving to catch up with the other. Lois isn't trying to become his equal in power or skill, she just is his equal in terms of self.
                    Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-27-2010, 04:11 PM. Reason: rule #10

Comment

Lana felt that POWERS made her Clark's equal.

Lois and Clark are equals emotionally.

Comment

Originally posted by ~llc~
                        lana felt that powers made her clark's equal.

Lois and clark are equals emotionally.
                        exactly!:d

Comment

in reality though, nobody will ever be Clarks equal

Comment

Originally posted by biggumt
                            she was tired of being a victim, it wasn't even about being clarks equal.
                            THIS I agree with. MOD EDITthe girl was abused one way or another for 7 years of her life and was probably tired of always being the victim. She saw no other way of protecting herself.
                            Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: rule #10

Comment

As usual Lois IS NOT Lana.....

Lana's way of being CK equal was more of a physical think

She was power hunger & well it went so wrong CK fell out of love with her.

Lois's equalness to CK is more of a mental, emotional & spiritual way. The more vital aspect of what he was looking for to share his life with.

I mean really CK waited years to completely share himself with a women who simple was able to love him for who he is & has to offer without doing anything in return but loving him emotionally & spiritually equally.

This bond Clois shares is very cancon. CK & Lois are each other's other half that do complete them & make them whole and equal.

This is why they do work & why their unique eternal soulmate bond is so beyond strong deep & unbreakable

Lana doesn't stand a chance with CK even with her powers or not.

Lana didn't know Clark Kent enough to love him to keep him, Lois does b/c she knows her man like a book.

Tonight was the perfect conversation between 2 lovers working it out with a tornado finishing in the end. This lead into team work & an openness only experienced by Clois.

I say it again & I don't care if Clana fans get upset... this is canon....

Clark Kent truly loves only one women in his entire life...she's is his greatest love & his most precious cherished gift... Lois Lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎