No announcement yet.

Lois should not be involved in Watchtower

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liana
    Yes, she does. She and Clark have a room there.
    mmhmm

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
      As a rule having a reporter hang out at the secret headquarters fo a bunch of Superheor's does not make much sense to me...
      Sorry that just made me laugh as CLARK is a REPORTER, Tess and Oliver own a newspaper, and Chloe was a reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
        I'm sorry but I HAVE to make this comparison cause it was staring at me right in the face for half of the episode

I think it's interesting; during the Lana arc a lot of fans were angry because Lana saw herself as an equal to Clark and many didn't think that necessary because Clark is..well he's superman. In this episode, Lois is praised for seeing herself as an equal to Clark. How do we all feel about that now?
        this isn't the topic however, it's about Lois being in the watch tower in the capacity she was totally acceptable in her role

The equality stuff should be made another topic in that case

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
          Yes she does actually. She and Clark have their own room there.

WT (which is a satellite in the comics) is considered a safe haven for the heroes and their families.
          Just noticed you posted the same I did. For the record, for anyone who is interested, in AJ, an episode written by GJ, when talking about the JSA, Star Girl mentions that the JSA was a place not only for the heroes, but THEIR FAMILIES. It was a foreshadowing what the JLA would become one day.

Comment

I'm sorry but I HAVE to make this comparison cause it was staring at me right in the face for half of the episode

I think it's interesting; during the Lana arc a lot of fans were angry because Lana saw herself as an equal to Clark and many didn't think that necessary because Clark is..well he's superman. In this episode, Lois is praised for seeing herself as an equal to Clark. How do we all feel about that now?
            Lana saw herself as an equal simply because she got superpowers, as if that is all it took. Lois sees herself as an equal because she treats Clark equal to herself - and doesn't look at him as someone she needs to change herself to be equal too (and, more to the point, she doesn't expect Clark to change himself either). That is the difference and explicitly what Mera said here.

Comment

Does Lois hang out at watchtower in the comics?
              yup lois hangs out not only at WT but at the FOS and other super hang outs. in the comics she's an unofficial JLA member even got a personal invite to the BC/GA wedding with all the other JLA/JSA members.

Comment

Originally posted by Iconic Couples Fan
                Sorry that just made me laugh as CLARK is a REPORTER, Tess and Oliver own a newspaper, and Chloe was a reporter.
                Clark is hardly a reporter, just like Tess and Olliver hardly give a rats ass about reporting...Chloe was about 5 years ago...Lois actually is an active reporter who like to get the scoop on anything...unless she is just going to bury every story related to watchtowers activities...then I have no problem with it...however that doesn't sound like something lois would do...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_And_Lois
                  My main point is that they are writing the great Lois Lane as some over-controlling person who Clark is answerable to all the time...that he has to tell her everything. I watched in disbelief as I saw her reactions that she did not know everything that Clark was up to. What are the writers doing to her??????
                  I didn't get that vibe at all. She just wants to be considered an equal, instead of his "home wife," which is completely understandable. In her own, unique, reporter way Lois can help Clark out a lot, and being in the dark about Watchtower and not being able to contact him and having to fly all the way to Florida just so she can have a simple conversation with him doesn't work. She wasn't bossing him around at all.

And I like that Lois now knows about Watchtower and has a way of contacting Clark whenever she needs to no matter where he is. It was like Clark was going off to work, but Lois had no idea where his office was, or what the phone number was. Heck, she didn't even know the name of the company! Lois isn't going to be the new Chloe, but help out Clark and the JLA with her reporter skills.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                    Just noticed you posted the same I did. For the record, for anyone who is interested, in AJ, an episode written by GJ, when talking about the JSA, Star Girl mentions that the JSA was a place not only for the heroes, but THEIR FAMILIES. It was a foreshadowing what the JLA would become one day.
                    Frankly, to me, for anyone here questioning Lois' involvement with the JLA or WT, all I will point you to is the story arc in which Lois got shot and Bruce Wayne - Batman himself - specifically referred to Lois as "one of ours."

That, IMO, is all that needs to be said on this subject.

Comment

exactly, double standards my friend

Comment

^ How is it double standards? Lana thought of her self as an equal by getting superpowers, that's like comparing apples and oranges

Frankly, to me, for anyone here questioning Lois' involvement with the JLA or WT, all I will point you to is the story arc in which Lois got shot and Bruce Wayne - Batman himself - specifically referred to Lois as "one of ours."

That, IMO, is that that needs to be said on the subject.
                        QFT

Comment

Clark is hardly a reporter, just like Tess and Olliver hardly give a rats ass about reporting...Chloe was about 5 years ago...Lois actually is an active reporter who like to get the scoop on anything...unless she is just going to bury every story related to watchtowers activities...then I have no problem with it...however that doesn't sound like something lois would do...
                          I just said it made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_And_Lois
                            My main point is that they are writing the great Lois Lane as some over-controlling person who Clark is answerable to all the time...that he has to tell her everything. I watched in disbelief as I saw her reactions that she did not know everything that Clark was up to. What are the writers doing to her??????
                            Why does everyone blame the writers? They aren't the only ones that decided how the episode turns out.

Comment

I think it would be stupid if Lois was continually kept in the dark about WT. There's absolutely no need for her not to know. She knows just about every person in the league and I don't think she intends to start hanging out there all the time. I think it's just a place she knows she can go to contact Clark and the heroes if she or the world needs them. I mean it's not like she can't be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                                this isn't the topic however, it's about Lois being in the watch tower in the capacity she was totally acceptable in her role

The equality stuff should be made another topic in that case
                                you're probably right. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎