Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois should not be involved in Watchtower

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main point is that they are writing the great Lois Lane as some over-controlling person who Clark is answerable to all the time...that he has to tell her everything. I watched in disbelief as I saw her reactions that she did not know everything that Clark was up to. What are the writers doing to her??????

Comment

Originally posted by um4rio
      Tell me about it, she doesn't need to be in 22 episodes, because it results her in being in situations like this. Completely ridiculous!

I wouldn't be suprised if the show ends with her putting on the suit
      As opposed to Lana, Chloe, etc who have been allowed to take over the role of Mary Sue on Smallville in the past. Lois at least doesn't make Clark look bad or pathetic. And she isn't taking over Clark's role at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_And_Lois
        My main point is that they are writing the great Lois Lane as some over-controlling person who Clark is answerable to all the time...that he has to tell her everything. I watched in disbelief as I saw her reactions that she did not know everything that Clark was up to. What are the writers doing to her??????
        Making her someone else instead of the Lois Lane of Superman lore.

Comment

In the Comics, the heros consider Lois as part of the JLA. One good example of this is one Lois is shot in UMAC. The whole JLA is involved in the process, and when they always repeated that one of "OURS" was shot.

She isn't considered an actual hero, but she is considered, in the Comics as part of the JLA. There are even stories where she actively assists the heros, even Batman. So, why is it a problem with SV, if it is not in the Comics?

Comment

Originally posted by Beckona24
            I disagree... She deserves to be in all the episodes and be involved in Clark's life 100%!
            why not have her fight Darkseid whilst you're at it

Comment

Clark was introducing her to that side of his life. And Lois being turned into Chloe...no way. Tess has already replaced Chloe as Watchtower and is doing a kick ass job of it!

Comment

If her boyfriend is planning on putting himself in danger, then yes, Lois deserves to know about it. Why should freaking Tess know more about Clark's hero activities than his own girlfriend?

Comment

Lois is the only person I can think of who actually SHOULD be in all 22 episodes alongside Clark. So giving her a full season? BEST DECISION EVER!

And as for her not belonging there? Say that to all the people cheering on the full cast scene as being the best scene they've seen in a while.

That scene rocked. You know what? Because it's great to see our characters together, working like a team. And it's sad that the second that happens, some feel the need to start lodging insults at characters, namely Lois.

Comment

To me it just seems like they are finally making themselves a team after far too long of working together with a heavy dose of animosity. They are finally getting everyone together. That doesn't mean they are making her Chloe. That scene would have gone down exactly the same if Chloe was here except Chloe would have been in the room with them.

Comment

What? Lois wasn't being over controlling at all. She was trying to reach Clark because she had valuable information about the VRA and Wilson. She didn't want Clark or Oliver to get in trouble. She didn't want to know everything Clark was up to, but she did want to know how she could contact him or his superfriends if the need to do so presented itself. The writers are making Lois Lane smart and a full partner with Clark - not in heroism but in life - which is exactly who Lois Lane is supposed to be.

Comment

This is a different issue entirely. However, they are fickle with the character, back and forth. This has nothing to do with this watch tower nonsense however

Comment

What are you talking about? In the comics, Lois pretty much does know much of the stuff Clark is up to when it comes to his hero life. Do you think he goes away - sometimes from months at a time - without telling his wife what he's doing?

That was the jumping off point of the episode. Clark was going to sign up for the VRA that would have put him under the Gov'ts control without telling Lois about it. Which is kind of a problem you know. She was basically out of the loop on rather important things that would effect them both, not just him anymore.

And then she had valuable information regarding the VRA but didn't know the first thing about getting in touch with him about it. And, again, this is something he almost willingly signed up for.

It had nothing to do with Lois trying to be controlling and everything to do with the lines of communication and info not being there between them.
                          Last edited by morrigan01; 11-19-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by um4rio
                            why not have her fight Darkseid whilst you're at it

Lois is introduced to WT and suddenly she's being accused of being Superman? Talk about bashing a character for the sake of bashing. This type of comment doesn't even make sense. Lois isn't trying to be Clark. Those characters in the past have been Lex, Lana and to some degree Chloe.

But let me guess, you're a fan of either of these characters and had been waiting to turn the tables on Lois for a while. Well it doesn't work when it doesn't make sense. That comment above there just makes me feel:

Lois wants to help Clark, not want to be him. And there's nothing in this episode that states the contrary.

Comment

I agree. The two need to do their own things and leave room for some separation. I do admit I am happy Clark shared WT with Lois but at the same time I don't think it should be an open invitation for her to start showing up there for the rest of the season. Tess, Oliver, Mera, AC and Clark are all WT needs to make up the team.

Lois can contribute where ever she can but hopefully in small doses. I would prefer if the writers focussed more on her reporter side and not so much as Clark's gf needing to know and be every and any where he is.

Comment

I don't think this is what is happening. In the Comics, you know, Clark DOES tell her what is going on. After all, he is married to her. When people are married they do tell each other what they are up to. It is to be expected. When my husband is travelling to work, he does tell me where he is going. If he is not going to be at his office in some hour, he does tell me. And I don't consider myself over controlling because he does that. I think it is part of being in a relationship and living with someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎