No announcement yet.

Lois should not be involved in Watchtower

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supes0
    Yes. And we see him at the Daily Planet now. The same way we saw him at the Torch. I think he is more invested at the Planet than he ever was at the Torch. Regardless, it was never the main focus. Then or now.

Look, if I wrote this show I would have Clark go off to College (no Lois introduction) and travel the word and come back to the farm every night to share his thoughts with the Kents. I wouldn't introduce Lois until he started at the Daily Planet. But this isn't that show. I have yet to see the perfect Superman show. Ever.

I do think Welling and Durance are the best modern rendition of Lois and Clark, for me at least. Do I like the choices made? Nope. I would do so many things differently. But it is what it is.
    I agree about Welling & Durance. And you're right that there never was a perfect Superman show. I think it's a shame since this show had a lot of potential to be much more than they actually did with it. I would also loved to have seen him travel the world. For me, single episodes with no overall season plots where Clark traveled the world would have been better than the majority of plots we got, like the ones in seasons 5, 6, 7, and 8. This show has always done human villains & threats better than the superpowered ones.

Anyway, we've gone way off topic & I wanted to say it's been good discussing this with another Superman fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by supes0
      Yep. When Lois reports on Superman in the comics now that she is his wife, I agree, it's a conflict of interest. It's also a conflict of interest for Clark in his reporter role too. Currently in the comic verse he's on assignment following Superman around on his walkabout. That isn't a conflict of interest? He is reporting on himself.
      Its not really, heīs not abusing his position, cause he cant really abuse himself by being himself can he? its like saying Einstein cheated while creating all his theories cause "heīs too smart" well, one uses what oneīs got, I think the conflict of intrest involves a third party. Its like saying a war reporter wrote an article about how he was kidnaped, it happened to him, heck, lets take it further, a soldier is kidnaped and after being released goes on and writes an article about it, I dont see the conflict of intrest, unless he gives out confidential details he obtained specifically cause he is enlisted in the military, but Clark isnt doing that, heīs not revealing anything the JL or Superman (himself) wouldnt want him to.

Back to SV. In this episode she was specifically helping the team. She was brought in to WT the same way she is in the comics, as a resource and family. She did not suit up, did not go on a mission and did not use WT resources for any purpose. Tess gave her permission to do so. And Tess controls the Daily Planet. That isn't a conflict of interest? She is running WT and controls the stories published in the Planet?
      You keep missing my words, I never said it happened in this episode, actually Im not even saying its going to happen for sure in future ones, I just think its highly likely itīll happen, knowing tptb, past experiences dont prove me right, but they sure as heck prove its not a crazy theory.

Lois's conversation with Clark made it very clear she isn't getting involved with the superhero life as a suit, but instead helps when she can (as she does in the larger source). That is why she talked about her mother and how her mom felt when her dad went on deployment. She was identifying with that. She isn't trying to be anything more than what she is, a reporter who is also in love and living with a superhero.
      If your read my post, I said exactly what your saying but again, SV has let me down more than once.

It hasn't happened and did not happen in this episode.
      when did I say it had/it did??

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by supes0
      And post infinite crisis the comics has gone back to idea that Clark Kent in Metropolis is a disguise.

SV, I think explored Clark's decision to become a reporter in Hex in about as much detail as we get in the comics.

Have you been reading the comics post infinite crisis? They are going back to the "disguised as Clark Kent" model. He is a good reporter but erratic and unreliable.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

http://yfrog.com/n890121198j
      Every single day Im more convinced I stoped reading comics right on time, this silver age bs is awfull. I wonder how lon itīll take them to have Superman as a detatched alien from outerspace again, fulling humans with his disguise as a dorky reporter.... before you dish my post Iīll clarify that its very clear to me that it hasnt happened yet and its just a theory of where I think Superman comic books are heading and so far I havent been wrong.

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

I agree it was his journey in to adulthood but I disagree that every aspect has equal weight.
      I agree

The showrunners always put more weight on his journey to Superman and how he went from a uncertain boy to the greatest superhero of them all.
      Im yet to see that in Smallville.

From the pilot the themes were set. He learned he was an alien and that upset him, he feared he would end up alone and wished the girl next door would notice him.
      Heīs love life seems to be the one that carries the most weight.

His journey as a reporter was never the main focus of this show. JMO.
      I agree, although personally i would have liked a bit more focus. but as you said there is no perfect Superman show. I dont know why thereīs always a hit or miss aspect of Superman that no one seems to get right, outside of comics (post CoIE pre infinite crisis)

----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

Yep. The core elements stay the same but canon is ever shifting!
      I disagree, some core elements are shifting as well, as you said it yourself, now Clark is being shown as a disguise, Id consider that a core element, the most basic one in my opinion.
      Last edited by Kal-ed; 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
        Anyway, we've gone way off topic & I wanted to say it's been good discussing this with another Superman fan.
        Same here!

Comment

• Agreed. Lois can help Superman. But not the Justice League.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

And this is part of the reason we need less Justice League in this final season. Don't get me wrong. I love watching the League. But if you want to tie up this storyline right, stick with the Superman gallery.
          Last edited by newtonh20; 11-22-2010, 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by newtonh20
            Agreed. Lois can help Superman. But not the Justice League.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

And this is part of the reason we need less Justice League in this final season. Don't get me wrong. I love watching the League. But if you want to tie up this storyline right, stick with the Superman gallery.
            QFT! enough of this pseudo-league

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
              Well, then they should provide her with a secure & seperate phone to contact them at. Or she should call Tess on Tess' phone, since Tess isn't as "under the microscope" as Lois is. If it's a problem for Oliver to be seen walking into Watchtower, then it should also be for Lois. She should have communication to them on an as-needed basis, but that can be achieved by phone contact. Now that she knows Tess is the coordinator, she can call Tess.
              Why? Lois is not a hero who outed herself to the world, she is just a report entering a building. Tess is even be more high profile than Lois. Oliver put himself under that microscope and if he is seen going into and leave a particular building all the time people will start to wonder what is so important with that building.

Comment

• I dont think she will be that involved, the show was about clark NOT KEEPING THINGS from her and not keeping her on the side. She has to be involved she is his patner and one of the people he will ask for advice off. Of course she has to be involved in his life. She wont be a chloe

Comment

• Yeah i agree she should be at home making him a sammich instead...

Comment

• All Lois needs is to have a way to contact Clark in emergencies, there is no reason for her to move into Watchtower. It is just the show once again making people more important than they are: Lana becomes SuperLana, Chloe "runs" Watchtower, Martha is a super secret CIA agent. Lois is important enough in her own world, there is no need to try and move her into the superhero world.

Comment

• I agree that Lois shouldn't be involved in Watchtower as the Daily Planet is enough for her. She's not a costumed hero like Clark, Oliver, and the League. The only reason she's in there was because Clark introduced her to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyanara
                        All Lois needs is to have a way to contact Clark in emergencies, there is no reason for her to move into Watchtower. It is just the show once again making people more important than they are: Lana becomes SuperLana, Chloe "runs" Watchtower, Martha is a super secret CIA agent. Lois is important enough in her own world, there is no need to try and move her into the superhero world.
                        Wow, I missed the scene where Lois moved into WT! Did she bring suitcases and furniture as well ?

As has been mentioned ad nauseam, Clark and Lois have a room in WT in the comics, AND she sometimes helps Clark AND the JL with reporting info, which is EXACTLY what she was trying to do here. THe JL is like a big family in the comics, and Lois needed to be shown WT already.

However, I don't want her there every episode, and I don't think she will be, I want her to go back to being the kick ass reporter, and there's no problem with her using her reporting skills to help out Clark occasionally, and I don't mean the JL at all, because I'm sick of them too, they need to leave, NOW.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎