No announcement yet.

How did Clark survive the explosion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitt1106
    I may be way off on this but I think clark changed the bars because they said the material changes properties and it looked to me like clark said i'm man and steel and stepped closer to the bars and they changed properties as if they took on his "steel" properties don't know if that was the intention of the writers or not, or if it was to show clark again finally rescueing himself, using his head to outsmart the villan
    This where i get confused. What Clark said was weird. why would he say that at that time. I am man and steel? I was totally confused but obviously what he said has something to do with his escape.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvillesBiggestFan
      This where i get confused. What Clark said was weird. why would he say that at that time. I am man and steel? I was totally confused but obviously what he said has something to do with his escape.
      I was so expecting him doing something totally badass like going through the floor or roof. Then smash his way to Slade and superspeed out...but it was all just left offscreen. Total buzzkill!

Comment

Okay, so the going theories so far that make sense are:

1. The bars were not real Kryptonite, they were a metal that simulated Kryptonite.

2. The Kryptonite was run through the bars electrically. When the power got shut off, the Kryptonite stopped flowing through the bars.

3. Clark is becoming more resistant to Kryptonite, which is why he said "I am man and steel." In other words, "You're going to see how tough I really am by surviving this."

The strange part is, when the "Kryptonite" bars were activated, Clark cringed and looked sick and weakened. Was that just an act?

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
          Well in Kingdom Come, the only thing that happens when an older superman is around Kryptonite is it burns his eye, otherwise he's completly invunrable. So maybe SV Clark is developing more of a resistance to Kryptonite.
          This is what I thought of while watching. He didn't seem too affected by the Kryptonite after the initial reveal.

Originally posted by Poyntz
          It didnt look like the green k was effecting him much either. Whats up with that. one episode he's dying when green k is close by even a pebble.. and this one he's surrounded and he has great composure!! huh?
          Yeah it's inconsistent but look how much green K Clark has been exposed to over the years. Maybe he's developing an immunity. LOL!

Originally posted by protector91
          Given how Clark survived falling off that building (ok he didn't survive, but his body was still in perfect condition) in Lazarus I can accept him surviving that explosion.
          Great point. That made no sense. Neither did the blue K exposure in "Harvest."

Originally posted by Superman_And_Lois
          Lois saved him.

Originally posted by shanemak
          Maybe the Martian Manhunter flew in and rescued Clark. It's about time he make a cameo.
          Oh I wish! <3 Maybe we'll get more of an explanation in future episodes. The General surviving the explosion makes even less sense than Clark surviving. I'll be Clark broke free and saved them both. Why we didn't get to SEE that... who knows?

Originally posted by MrZeppo
          I thought those were the same electro-K bars like what Lionel used to imprison Clark in S7's "Traveler". The bars didn't emit Kryptonite radiation until electricity powered them, just like they did in this episode. They did say this was Luthorcorp tech that the government jacked, didn't they?

I'm assuming the self destruct knocked out the powers, restoring Clark's abilities so he could escape.

I have a theory about green K since it is supposed to be a radioactive material. There could be different grades of Kryptonite, ones that emit more deadly radiation to Clark than others, regardless of size. I also suspect those bars in the base weren't fully tested on a true Kryptonian before and weren't actually calibrated properly.

But yes, plot hole. I do blame the writing here because I felt most of the episode had really lame writing. The direction was okay, but the writing and dialogue killed me tonight.
          Very interesting post.

Comment

I hate it when important things happen in offscreenville.

Comment

Originally posted by mantaray
              Okay, so the going theories so far that make sense are:

1. The bars were not real Kryptonite, they were a metal that simulated Kryptonite.

2. The Kryptonite was run through the bars electrically. When the power got shut off, the Kryptonite stopped flowing through the bars.

3. Clark is becoming more resistant to Kryptonite, which is why he said "I am man and steel." In other words, "You're going to see how tough I really am by surviving this."

The strange part is, when the "Kryptonite" bars were activated, Clark cringed and looked sick and weakened. Was that just an act?
              I so wish I could see this scene again. To examine what happened. I need to know exactly what the general guy said to Clark about finding his weakness. i think the answer is in the dialog. Did the Kryptonite bars flicker? Maybe they did and thats when Clark got confidence and knew the green K was going.

Comment

What I would really want to see, but I doubt will happen, is Clark escaping as a result of turning the green-k into black-k with his heatvision (like he did to evil Lex's ring in Onyx), causing his Kal-El side to split off & be released into the world while he escaped.

Comment

Anybody else sick of seeing Kryptonite almost every episode. They could throw something else at Clark like magic which he is vulnerable to. I feel like I could go to the convience store in Smallville and pick up some like penny candy.
                  Last edited by defiantj3; 11-20-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Suspicion

Originally posted by mantaray
                    I mean, he was in a cage surrounded by lots of Kryptonite, and he comes out of the massive explosion without a scratch? What gives?
                    The k bars were powered I suspect when the facility was about to explode it shut down thereby restoring Clark's powers and ergo he sped out, have yet to figure out how Deathstroke survived though sorry Slade Wilson...

Comment

Really ****** that they left that one out. Sucks big time! Smallville is getting lame!!! Leaving out such a big part, seriously?!

Comment

Wow, some of you are over thinking it. I just assume that the building exploded and clark probably was damage, but he would just be heal by the sun. K bar would not kill him, just hurt him. But as of Slade being alive, I don't know maybe Darkseid had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon64z8
                          Wow, some of you are over thinking it. I just assume that the building exploded and clark probably was damage, but he would just be heal by the sun. K bar would not kill him, just hurt him. But as of Slade being alive, I don't know maybe Darkseid had something to do with it.
                          I agree. It helps if you don't think too much during Smallville. But sometimes the writers give me a pill that's a little hard to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
                            Well in Kingdom Come, the only thing that happens when an older superman is around Kryptonite is it burns his eye, otherwise he's completly invunrable. So maybe SV Clark is developing more of a resistance to Kryptonite.
                            it seems lately he has been maybe sv clark is now

Comment

What a mess...

Idk, maybe because he didn't want that government guy to know his weakness?

Comment

Okay how about?

The power went down Clark recovered burst free grabbed Slade and escaped the place as it was blowing up and left him where he could be found only somehow Slade lost an eye probably because Clark wasn't able to reach him in time...

Either that or afterwards Slade had an accident once he was outside that involved a tantrum and a handgun possibly even shooting Clark in the back only it bounced and grazed his face?

Yes annoying that left that bit out wonder if it'll be a deleted scene or whether they actually bother addressing that?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎