Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Clark survive the explosion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't bother reading all of that, but I just wanted to say, you had the spoiler wrong. Don't know if it was said or not.

Comment

• MOD NOTE: This thread has gone way off-topic. Please keep to the topic at hand (FYI, continuing an off-topic discussion doesn't mean that makes it on topic), and keep this a pleasant discussion rather than a tense debate about the entire series. People should be discussing a topic, not arguing.

Comment

• How did Clark survive the explosion? I have no idea!

Each season has a theme that each episode supports. But each episode must be able to stand alone. If a newcomer saw Patriot, the would be very confused. Its understandable to be confused about supporting ideas and characters, but they never should be confused as to "superman stuff". Every one basically knows Clarks weaknesses and strengths and moral code. This should clearly be conveyed in each episode. In Patriot, his escape is left up to interpretation. JMO

Comment

• Two years ago, I asked how Clark & J'onn J'onzz made it back to Earth, after diving into the sun. As one man was unconcious (and couldn't yet fly), while the other one was vulnerable to the sun's flames (and hence, would be powerless to fly them back), they shouldn't have been able to do it. I concluded, that there have to have been another person involved. Someone, who could fly into space unharmed, dive into the sun (once again, without being harmed) and pull both men out.
          And I'd like to submit the same theory, here. Might even be the same person.
          It can't be Kara, as she was in the Phantom Zone, during the first incident & she would've been weakened too, by the Kryptonite, in this episode.

This "Guardian Angel" would have to be:

1) Invulnerable.
          2) Able to survive, unshielded in space.
          3) Able to fly.
          4) Able to dive into the sun itself, without burning up.
          5) Immune to Kryptonite.
          6) (As this show's built around Krypton and everything Kryptonian) Most likely have some Kryptonian ties. But, doesn't have exactly the same DNA, as Clark (as every superpowered Kryptonian, was beamed off the planet. Yet, this person stayed behind, which would've required his/her DNA to at least be partially diffrent).
          7) Have some reason, for not wanting to meet Clark, face to face.

A likely suspect;
          The largest comic database online, Comic Vine features Comic Reviews, News, Videos, and Forums for the latest in and more!

1-4) Possesses Kryptonian powers.
          5) Is only vulnerable, to Kryptonite, from her native universe (hence, immune to this one).
          6) Comes from another universes Krypton, who's inhabitens experiences, a few other evolutionary steps (even today, in the comics, technology that can identify New Earth Kryptonians, can't identify her). If either one did, like the post-crisis Byrne Kryptonians, did some degree of genetic engineering to themselves, the diffrence increases.
          7) She's got anger management problems. And would try to avoid contact, with people, who can enrage her (in this universe, Clark Kent & friends would be in the top five, of that list).

A secondary candidate would be Mon-El. However, I see no reason why he'd avoid direct contact with Clark.

Comment

• Funny thought when seeing "Patriot:" Clark to General Slade (when the building's about to explode): "I am a MAN in STEEL." Sounds ironic-somehow refers to SNYDER'S project: "Man of Steel." Did anyone thought about this when CK said this lines? I thought its funny.

Comment

• The longer Kal El is exposed to our yellow sun the more strength and invulnrability he develops to everything. Not just guns, explosions and other conventional weapons but also Kryptonite. That's my theory anyway. Seems like his recovery from the Blue K in "Harvest" through sheer will and this Green K laden explosion that the show runners are showing us how much more powerful our hero has become.

Comment

• Easy solution to this scene:

They should've switched from Clark/General to Tess in Watchtower hacking into the system in Alaska. Tess could have used Watchtowers system to change the 'alloys' in the cage, that they were discussing earlier, from kryptonite to something else. Then they could switch back to Clark/General and show the 'alloys' changing property and then Clark grabs the General super-speeding out of there. This would allow Clark to escape and have it explained on screen. An easy, simple scene that would've taken 20 seconds.

Comment

• I think that the explosion waren't so intense in surrounding of that cage.. They said that the facilities has prison in underground, but they showed us only the blast on the surface. That explosion could break ceiling or something and Clark could slip away...

Or second theory: the greenK lost its ability to hurt Clark - at the begining of this scene the cage was strongly shining in green colour and later not - like it lost the power (remember 714 - Traveler and Lionels greenK cage, they was able to turn up or turn down the power of kryptonite)

Anyway it is weird that they didn't explained this.. and sorry for my english

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎