No announcement yet.

Chloe's contribution to Watchtower ignored

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thehenry89
    Okay Oliver built watchtower, jimmy bought it, Chloe was kinda like a dispatcher/researcher. I hate to say it but anyone could do her job...
    No, it's clear that Tess isn't even as good as her. No one can replace Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesterday
      Her entire my comp is your comp, it's basically saying my house is your house. Excuse me Tess it's not your house. Tess is getting on my last nerve. I hope that when [SPOILER] Chloe returns she smacks some sense into Tess. Someone needs to and with Lois acting like she and Tess are BFF's now it has to be Chloe[/SPOILER]. I've never disliked a character as much as I do Tess.
      ugh Tess is seriously getting on my nerves. Her good act is such a huge light switch. And shes still keeping secrets. And next week she will be making out with Clark . Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
        No, it's clear that Tess isn't even as good as her. No one can replace Chloe.
        how is that clear she sat down and figured out the exact same things as emil and lois. all of them are capable of running watchtower

Comment

Originally posted by Iconic Couples Fan
          Why would Chloe have to be mentioned? Its not like they went into the teams history or anything.
          She owns the building. Henry left it to her and she's also WT. She should have been mentioned. It's a lack of respect towards her character.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
            You know what? I am absolutely no fan of Chloe and I was totally getting sick of all the mentions every other week about her from Oliver.

That said however? Even I have to admit that Lois should have been told that Chloe was the one who help set up WT. I'm pretty sure we could have taken two seconds out of the ep to tell her that and see Lois' appreciative reaction to it, no big deal.
            Exactly and for me when Lois walked in, in awe of it all a quick line from Clark would have been nice and satisfied me, esp with the Lois line to Chloe in Pandora about the clubhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
              Really? They JUST elaborated on that so much in Ambush. I love Chloe but we don't need a praise mention every single episode. What did we want to say?

"Hey guys! Good to see you Lois! But before I say anything I just want to say, CHLOE get's the credit!"

It wasn't necessary. We all know she built it. They all know she built it. It doesn't need to be said hundreds of times.
              Lois doesn't and thats the point...SO does Lois just think that her cousin is some sort of unemployed druggie out on the streets right now...I am stunned at the lack of connection between chloe and what Lois knows...

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                how is that clear she sat down and figured out the exact same things as emil and lois. all of them are capable of running watchtower
                Well, that's your opinion.

Comment

There was no point in mentioning Chloe. Oliver appointed Chloe to the position of WT at the end of Hex after asking for her help in Justice. She didn't create that role for herself. The only reason there is a building is because Jimmy paid for one (using money he got after he started working for Oliver). The technology is all paid for by Oliver. The heroes weren't really even working together all that much last year, so I don't get what Chloe really accomplished on her own. The heroes weren't working together because of Chloe, in fact Chloe's conflicts with Clark have divided the JL in the past rather than helped it improve. No, the JL is completely Oliver's creation. At one point Chloe latched on to it because that was the only thing she had to believe in after Doomsday, but Clark right now is the one who is uniting everyone under one banner and encouraging people to work together. The only reason they would have mentioned Chloe would have been some "and we all owe this to Chloe" comment which just isn't true. It's true she wanted the League to be more, but she didn't really do much to make it more than it was. Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible since i wasn't a fan of that plot last year.

Comment

Wow. How is mentioning her ONCE during ONE scene in Watchtower cramming it down anybody's throat? Unbelievable, some of you...

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
                      Ollie said exactly that in a previous ep, well now we saw it lol

Urgh it's so annoying up until that scene it hasn't bothered me at all that Tess is filling in.
                      It just seems like Chloe won't receive credit for what she's done. It seems like all the credit is being given to Tess, and Tess is encouraging it. Even having Tess say something to Lois like, "I'm sure the person who previously ran Watchtower would love for you to be here/be included" something like that. Instead Tess acts like everything is hers, like she was behind everything.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
                        You know what? I am absolutely no fan of Chloe and I was totally getting sick of all the mentions every other week about her from Oliver.

That said however? Even I have to admit that Lois should have been told that Chloe was the one who help set up WT. I'm pretty sure we could have taken two seconds out of the ep to tell her that and see Lois' appreciative reaction to it, no big deal.
                        exactly...one simple line from tess or Clark saying your cousin started this and actually its her place...a 10 second line would not have been to difficult...

Comment

Originally posted by Nivea
                          I just wanted her to be mentioned to Lois. I really hoped that would happen when I found out Lois would be visiting Watchtower. I guess I consider Chloe a great part of Watchtower, the way it runs, is used and how it started, so it made me sad not to have her mentioned in the ending scene.

ITA! Maybe we will get her knowing about Chloe and WT in the next episode though. IMO even if Chloe isn't someones fav character it was a little weird her not being mentioned when Lois is being shown WT. JMO though.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                            There was no point in mentioning Chloe. Oliver appointed Chloe to the position of WT at the end of Hex after asking for her help in Justice. She didn't create that role for herself. The only reason there is a building is because Jimmy paid for one (using money he got after he started working for Oliver). The technology is all paid for by Oliver. The heroes weren't really even working together all that much last year, so I don't get what Chloe really accomplished on her own. The heroes weren't working together because of Chloe, in fact Chloe's conflicts with Clark have divided the JL in the past rather than helped it improve. No, the JL is completely Oliver's creation. At one point Chloe latched on to it because that was the only thing she had to believe in after Doomsday, but Clark right now is the one who is uniting everyone under one banner and encouraging people to work together. The only reason they would have mentioned Chloe would have been some "and we all owe this to Chloe" comment which just isn't true. It's true she wanted the League to be more, but she didn't really do much to make it more than it was. Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible since i wasn't a fan of that plot last year.

word to all of this

what are they supposed to say "oh lois your cousin used to be the receptionist here"

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                              Wow. How is mentioning her ONCE during ONE scene in Watchtower cramming it down anybody's throat? Unbelievable, some of you...
                              Who are you referring to? Chloe? Or Tess?

I just don't think they need to keep making callbacks to someone who is not there and this is coming from someone who's favorite character IS Chloe.
                              Last edited by bennyjr123; 11-19-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

So let me get this straight, since I only caught the last few seconds of the episode. Chloe spends the better part of a year pouring her heart and soul into building WatchTower into the HQ of the JL, only for Tess to walk around like she owns the place and Chloe's hard work to be completely ignored? What a load of bullcrap!

But I guess since Lois was there, the others didn't want to let her in on Chloe's involvement in the JL, because it's not their secret to tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎