Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe's contribution to Watchtower ignored

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy bought the place, Emil set everything up, Oliver paid for all the technology, and Chloe ran it. I find it funny though that everyone complained about Chloe being mentioned too much in the earlier episodes and now that she's not mentioned, people are freaking out. And Tess wasn't acting like she set it all up and even if she did, she'd have a right to act that way seeing as how Clark and Oliver TOLD her to make the place her own and take over..........

Comment

• It really isn't that big of a deal that they didn't say anything about Chloe. She really doesn't need that much attention. It's okay..MOD EDIT
      Last edited by Vergon6; 11-21-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10-telling people to 'let it go'

Comment

• Originally posted by Yesterday
        It looks like Chloe's contribution to making Watchtower and building it, and what she did for the JLA is being overlooked. The last scene was annoying with Tess acting like she made Watchtower. There wasn't even a hint that it was someone else who made WT what it is. Tess has made herself at home and seems to be giving herself a lot of credit for WT. I guess what Chloe did was for nothing since Tess has entered the picture.
        When it comes to "contributions" to making Watchtower, I guess the credit ultimately goes to Oliver. He paid for it. And when it comes to "building" Watchtower, it was Henry James Olson who purchased the place. As for hacking skills, Chloe's seemed to come out of nowhere, so I suppose it's equally justifiable that Tess should suddenly have these skills too.

Comment

• Someone's probably said this, but when I saw that scene I would agreed but now Its obvious why they didnt do it
          Because it would start the,"Btw, where is Chloe?" Discussion which they couldn't of had in that last scene

Comment

• I think it should also be pointed out that Oliver has already gotten on Tess' case (TWICE I think) for hanging out in Watchtower. What more do you people want? For Tess to get thrown out of Watchtower through the top window?

Comment

• The way I look at it, they couldn't bring up Chloe in Patriot because Lois doesn't know that she is WT. No need for that to change unless Chloe herself decides to tell her. At the same time, imo Clark could have brought her up in Supergirl when he was showing Kara around WT. But either way, Chloe mentions don't do anything for me. Only her actual presence will.

Comment

• Because they want us to buy that Lois is a big part of it... i was laughing on that

Comment

• Originally posted by justme_007
                  Because they want us to buy that Lois is a big part of it... i was laughing on that
                  Laughing on what? Laughing that Clark Kent would feel it was appropriate to provide emergency contact information/an emergency resource for the woman he loves so that she has a way to reach him/get emergency information to him in the future? What is so funny about that? Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

They are not asking you to buy anything other than the fact that Clark Kent felt it was appropriate to bring his serious, live-in girlfriend (the one he bought a ring for and has said he wants to spend his life with and share every part of himself with) to see the place where he works with a team to fight back against the evil/darkness/villians. It was never once suggested that Lois is a "big part" of Watchtower or that she's taking over Watchtower or that she'll even be visiting Watchtower very often. The point made by the episode and backed up by the actual show canon was that Clark wanted Lois to have knowledge of all parts of his life and he felt it was time to show her where he goes/what he does and include her in the team because she has her own resources that could be beneficial to the team effort. It had nothing to do with Chloe nor was it in any way negating all of the time and effort that Chloe has put into Watchtower.

Comment

• Originally posted by actaeon
                    When it comes to "contributions" to making Watchtower, I guess the credit ultimately goes to Oliver. He paid for it. And when it comes to "building" Watchtower, it was Henry James Olson who purchased the place. As for hacking skills, Chloe's seemed to come out of nowhere, so I suppose it's equally justifiable that Tess should suddenly have these skills too.
                    Chloe hacking skills were built from season 3 with her storyarc of breaking with Lionel her agreement to investigate Clark. It started out with becomig phone savvy and tracking someone down who could get information from an erased phone message, and from there it took off. Not only that but Chloe since season has been good with tech becuase she had to use computers in her research of the meteor infected. So her hacking skills did not come out of nowhere. Chloe deserves credit for Watchtower becuase she held the post for longer that anyone else on Smallville. Watchtower in season 9 was Chloe's life. It is what kept her going and gave her ssense of purpose after Henry James and Davis murdered each other infront of her. Henry James bought the building, but Chloe was the one repurposed the building as Watchtower after the builing was left to her. Oliver funded the Watchtower and Emil furnished it but Chloe utilized and it a functional base for the JLA. But Tess in the end is a villian so I would not expect her to bat an eyelash at what Chloe did to get Watchtower going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Degobunny
                      Chloe hacking skills were built from season 3 with her storyarc of breaking with Lionel her agreement to investigate Clark. It started out with becomig phone savvy and tracking someone down who could get information from an erased phone message, and from there it took off. Not only that but Chloe since season has been good with tech becuase she had to use computers in her research of the meteor infected. So her hacking skills did not come out of nowhere.
                      In Season 5 Chloe hacking skills seem to come out of nowhere(using a computer and hacking are 2 different things). As for S3 I remember a scene of Adam Knight hacking where Chloe was in awe. As for Truth did Chloe say she hacked the phone or did she say she got the phone message thing hacked.

To often in S5+ it seemed like Chloe's new found hacking ability was a cheap way to do plot exposition

Comment

• Originally posted by justme_007
                        Because they want us to buy that Lois is a big part of it... i was laughing on that
                        What are you talking about? No one was saying that Lois was a big part of WT. Mod EDIT
                        Last edited by Vergon6; 11-24-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: Violation of Rule #10, 13, 14-flaming, calling out, psychoanalyzing other fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellifluous
                          In season 9, Chloe ran the WT because she was recruited by Oliver. Now in season 10, Tess is going to run the WT because she was recruited by Clark.

I don't see the difference. The building was purchased by Jimmy, furnished by Emil and given the purpose of WT by Oliver.

But it was pretty much handed to Chloe and Tess on a silver plate and I don't see why Tess can't have a try at WT while Chloe did. Tess is as brilliant as Chloe and as capable and she has insights into Suicide Squad and other villains that Chloe simply doesn't.

It makes perfect sense to have Tess in this role.
                          QFT!

Comment

• Tess has the foundation skills to be Watchtower along with her business acumen as CEO of LuthorCorp and her history with Checkmate that Chloe doesn't have.

Comment

• This is what happens when Chloe is mentioned needlessly in every episode, they forget to mention her the one time they actually should!

When they mentioned Chloe, should they have also mentioned how she had been abusing Wt's resources and powers all yr long by spying and eavesdropping on Clark and sabotaging all his efforts with the Kandorians, and how she chloroformed Lois?

I don't really care, though, it was nice to go one episode without Chloe pimping by Tess and Oliver.

Originally posted by Degobunny
                              Chloe hacking skills were built from season 3 with her storyarc of breaking with Lionel her agreement to investigate Clark. It started out with becomig phone savvy and tracking someone down who could get information from an erased phone message, and from there it took off. Not only that but Chloe since season has been good with tech becuase she had to use computers in her research of the meteor infected. So her hacking skills did not come out of nowhere. Chloe deserves credit for Watchtower becuase she held the post for longer that anyone else on Smallville. Watchtower in season 9 was Chloe's life. It is what kept her going and gave her ssense of purpose after Henry James and Davis murdered each other infront of her. Henry James bought the building, but Chloe was the one repurposed the building as Watchtower after the builing was left to her. Oliver funded the Watchtower and Emil furnished it but Chloe utilized and it a functional base for the JLA. But Tess in the end is a villian so I would not expect her to bat an eyelash at what Chloe did to get Watchtower going.
                              Umm, there was never any logical buildup to Chloe's magical powers, she was hacking the DMV data base and mentioning her mysterious sources from the 2nd episode of S1. There was NEVER any explanation of how a 14 yr old was the editor of the torch, or could hack the DMV datebase, or have so many mysterious sources.

In S5, she got another magical boost to her hacking powers and intelligent, with no explanation whatsoever.

THe way I see it, Tess deserves to be WT as much if not more than Chloe, since she hasn't misused it or done a crappy job even once so far, unlike Chloe since S8 Stiletto.
                              Last edited by humera; 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Oliver isn't ignoring Chloe's contributions.

Besides, Jimmy Olsen paid for the freaking building and was man enough to give it to a woman who was cheating on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎