Lois's Bluff with Emil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!

Comment

First, I enjoyed seeing Emil again. Lois totally rocked that scene and I really don't think Emil took her seriously but knew by her actions she really wanted to know where Clark was so gave in.

Comment

I think the bluff would have been much more in character if, after turning emil around, instead of holding the scapul thing up, she switched (having already shown this episode that slight of hand is among her talents) and was holding something like a straw to his neck, so that we would all at least know that she was bluffing. Then she could hand him the straw at the point she said, "Glad you talked, I've never been able to get these straws to break the skin." or some better banter that make it clear that she really was bluffing.

Not necessary, true, and still a bad idea in real life, but cinematic and clear as to what she really would do.

Comment

I still don't know what to think about the scene between Lois, Emil, and the "medical tool". However, it was nice to see the two share a scene in which both are conscious.

Comment

I liked the scene but hopefully next time she'll trust Clark and the gang to handle themselves and phones/texts/fax info/leads to them and not threatening poor Emil

Comment

It was a bit too much. I didn't buy the bluff line, she just assaulted someone and she was legally convering her ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoAeon
                I think the bluff would have been much more in character if, after turning emil around, instead of holding the scapul thing up, she switched (having already shown this episode that slight of hand is among her talents) and was holding something like a straw to his neck, so that we would all at least know that she was bluffing. Then she could hand him the straw at the point she said, "Glad you talked, I've never been able to get these straws to break the skin." or some better banter that make it clear that she really was bluffing.

Not necessary, true, and still a bad idea in real life, but cinematic and clear as to what she really would do.
                Assault with a deadly straw.I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                  First, I enjoyed seeing Emil again. Lois totally rocked that scene and I really don't think Emil took her seriously but knew by her actions she really wanted to know where Clark was so gave in.

Yes! I loved that scene and I thought Emil's look / grin after Lois walked out was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by biggumt
                    exactly. that's like a robber holding a gun to some clerk and demanding money and once the moneys forfeited- the robber says "I was never going to shoot you. i was bluffing" yeah, the robber didn't mean to harm anyone so everything ok and the actions are justified. *rolls eyes*
                    precisely

Comment

Maybe the robber was bluffing, we don't know...however the situations aren't identical. Lois was driven to this drastic measure because she was desperately trying to help Oliver, Clark and AC. Meanwhile this robber is taken to this extreme measure whilst taking part in a robbery, aka, a crime.

So, while it's hard to believe a criminal may be bluffing when he threatens violence, it's not so hard to believe that Lois was bluffing...

Comment

Originally posted by CynDLou26
                        I still don't know what to think about the scene between Lois, Emil, and the "medical tool". However, it was nice to see the two share a scene in which both are conscious.

Comment

No, actually that would have been a lot better.

Even though I won't go as far as saying what Lois did was a crime or attempted murder. (Really people? Really? ) I will say that I did find it rather unnecessary and there were many ways to have reworked that scene where the fact that she was bluffing was made more evident.

The straw bit would have been perfect and more comedic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyChuck
                            Maybe the robber was bluffing, we don't know...however the situations aren't identical. Lois was driven to this drastic measure because she was desperately trying to help Oliver, Clark and AC. Meanwhile this robber is taken to this extreme measure whilst taking part in a robbery, aka, a crime.

So, while it's hard to believe a criminal may be bluffing when he threatens violence, it's not so hard to believe that Lois was bluffing...
                            Obviously Emil did not think she was bluffing...but hey it the spirit of Superman the ends justify the means...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                              Obviously Emil did not think she was bluffing...but hey it the spirit of Superman the ends justify the means...
                              well, he knows now, so she cant use the same trick again.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                                I didn't like it. I wish that it at played out a little differently... that it had been played more for comedy from Emil's perspective. I mean I can fan wank it that Emil knows a lot about Lois and he would have told her anyway. But as it is... it seems like anyone with a sharp object can get Justice League secrets from Emil. Lois is clever enough to dig the truth out of Emil without strong arming him and Emil would never spill secrets because his life was threatened.

I didn't hate it... it just didn't quite work for me. With tweaking it could have been better.
                                ITA. I actually had a problem with most of this episode.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Much better idea!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I thought Erica did a great job tonight especially with General Slade.
                                Last edited by LuckyLois; 11-20-2010, 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎