Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois's Bluff with Emil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a Superman comic follower, but I did come across quite a number of comic which shows Lois bluff for story or Supes. lol. No biggie...

and from what I've seen, I never once thought that she was serious. Her face expression when she had that thing against Emil's neck didn't really show that she was being serious, more like an expression that she was close to smile...

Comment

Originally posted by kiariclois
      and from what I've seen, I never once thought that she was serious. Her face expression when she had that thing against Emil's neck didn't really show that she was being serious, more like an expression that she was close to smile...
      It really matters little if Lois was serious or not, did Emil think she was joking? I think that's what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
        It really matters little if Lois was serious or not, did Emil think she was joking? I think that's what counts.
        Yeah, that amused smirk of his in the end was clearly a mark of fear and terror

Comment

I didn't like it. I wish that it at played out a little differently... that it had been played more for comedy from Emil's perspective. I mean I can fan wank it that Emil knows a lot about Lois and he would have told her anyway. But as it is... it seems like anyone with a sharp object can get Justice League secrets from Emil. Lois is clever enough to dig the truth out of Emil without strong arming him and Emil would never spill secrets because his life was threatened.

I didn't hate it... it just didn't quite work for me. With tweaking it could have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
            actually attempted murder
            Uh...no...it's not.

In order for it to actually be attempted murder Lois would have had to have the appropriate "mens rea" for the crime. That's a necessary element. She clearly never intended to hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
              Yeah, that amused smirk of his in the end was clearly a mark of fear and terror
              Well after the fact is a different ballgame. He would'nt have had an amused smirk if she never said that.

Comment

Eh, I think Lois could have just told him the truth. I thought it was unnecessary for her to even pretend to threaten him. I wasn't bothered either way and that scene wasn't all that memorable for me but I think she could have handled it differently.

Comment

I'd think after all this time Emil's probably heard enough "Lois" stories from the gang to be cautious about her.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                    I've never been forced to threaten someone this way myself but I imagine that telling someone that you are bluffing before they give you the information kind of defeats the purpose of bluffing to begin with.

She's not the first person on this show to threaten violence that she would never really act on in order to try and get information/make a point. Clark has done this several times himself. He put on an act in "Phoenix" in order to scare Morgan Edge and he did it as recently as "Disciple" last year with Zod. And I have never once thought that Clark would ever hurt someone. And I don't think for a second that Lois would hurt someone.
                    2 wrongs make a right?

Comment

3 lefts make a right.

It doesn't matter if you were serious or not. If you cause the victim to have a coronary and they end up dead, you go up for manslaughter; and it doesn't matter if you were "kidding".

I've been water boarded. It is a very effective means of getting intel. It doesn't cause any physical damage, but, what a mind blower. Suffice it to say that If someoone wants what is in your head, they will get it. Make it hard if you want to, but your going to talk.

Lois went 00 on Emil and I think he thought it was cute in the end. I'm piqued now to see their next meeting.
                      Last edited by malft; 11-20-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biggumt
                        2 wrongs make a right?

I never said it was right. But I don't think it's something that we need to crucify her for either. I expect these characters to make mistakes from time to time, particularly when they are severely emotionally vulnerable. Every character on this show has made some pretty serious mistakes that could have potentially resulted in another person getting hurt. What's important is that Lois addressed her desperation with Clark in the episode. She let him know that it was making her go crazy worrying about him. I don't think he'll keep her in the dark like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                          Eh, I think Lois could have just told him the truth. I thought it was unnecessary for her to even pretend to threaten him. I wasn't bothered either way and that scene wasn't all that memorable for me but I think she could have handled it differently.
                          She did tell him the truth.. and he still wouldn't tell her.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                            Idk, will a tracheotomy kill someone? Either way, we are arguing semantics.
                            a tracheotomy done by a professional which involves a cut with a scalpel then insert a tube, no...jamming a gigantic blade into his neck, yeah probably

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Audrey229
                            Uh...no...it's not.

In order for it to actually be attempted murder Lois would have had to have the appropriate "mens rea" for the crime. That's a necessary element. She clearly never intended to hurt him.
                            how is that clear - cause she told him AFTER she got want she wanted? thats convenient...
                            Last edited by Greenarrowjustice; 11-19-2010, 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
                              She did tell him the truth.. and he still wouldn't tell her.
                              Well, she kinda did but I thought she could have been a little clearer on exactly what was going on. I am a little surprised that he didn't know it was ok to tell her about Clark. Don't they know they are dating and she knows his secret?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                                a tracheotomy done by a professional which involves a cut with a scalpel then insert a tube, no...jamming a gigantic blade into his neck, yeah probably

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

how is that clear - cause she told him AFTER she got want she wanted? thats convenient...

exactly. that's like a robber holding a gun to some clerk and demanding money and once the moneys forfeited- the robber says "I was never going to shoot you. i was bluffing" yeah, the robber didn't mean to harm anyone so everything ok and the actions are justified. *rolls eyes*
                                Last edited by biggumt; 11-20-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎