No announcement yet.

Don't you pity Clark Kent?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and No.

Clark Kent did certainly lose a lot, but at the same time I feel like he gained a lot in return too. I would've liked for him to keep some of his friendships and connections from smallville... but at the same time I can understand why he didn't. That's just life, you know? People are always losing friendships to time, distance, etc all the time so it would've happened to Clark Kent sooner or later.

But in return for that kind of loss he gained a lot of maturity and prioritized what was really important to him. He no longer needs that many friends in order to feel happy, because there's other things in his life that's making him happy instead. The support system he has is both his parents and Lois Lane.

Oliver and the rest of the JL seems to be more like Work friends than they are true friends. I can't see Oliver and Clark having the same kind of bromance that Superman and Batman had in the comics. But then again, Clark grew up to the point where he prioritizes having good work friends over friends who you can hang out and have a good time with.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎