No announcement yet.

Why didn't Kal take the suit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galatians221
    It makes no sense to me that Kal listens to Jor telling him how much better he is and how proud he is of his son and he leaves the fortress without the suit. It would have been wonderful to see the suit glowing at a distance then Clark puts it on grabs Lois in his arms and flies off with her. She looks into his eyes and lovingly says "Superman"! It could have been so much better than child abuse and torture stories.
    Calm down it's just a T.V. show.

Comment

It would be nice if we get a scene like this:

Jor-El: Kal-El, my son... you will be facing one long and final trial. Once all the trials are complete, this will be your prize.
      *crystals in the Fortress move to reveal the frozen suit*
      Jor-El: Your mother and I created this suit for you in Krypton, but I cannot give it to you if you do not overcome your darkness.
      And blah blah blah, and Jor-El continues saying how special the suit is because blah blah and Kal-El has to be worthy of wearing such special suit with heritage of the House of El and etc... It would be nice to see the frozen suit in front of Clark.
      It would be nice to see Julian Sands' Jor-El again, saying a few words to Clark and AI Jor-El proceeds to free the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
        ^^Just watched that part to see. It doesn't really look like he's looking at anything in particular. Just a common Clark looking distraught into space look.

That look is priceless

Comment

Clark hasn't given any dialogue about the suit...just FAIL!

I can sort of stretch that with Jor-el saying Clark will never become earths savior that Clark doesn't deserve the suit...but what's so special about that suit. No dialogue indicating that Martha made it from kryptonian fabric and that Clark would have to prove his worth in order to earn the right to wear it...but no...nothing.

Smallville can really tease with things like this. In "Salvation" seeing the suit promised so cool moments (and I wasn't expecting Clark to wear it until the finale of S10) like Clark himself hanging the suit in the fortress ice to claim it later. He'd accept Jor-el's challenge and prove once and for all he is Superman...instead now he's the happy house hubby for a few episodes??
          Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 11-15-2010, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I thought it was in a box in the barn

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
              I thought it was in a box in the barn
              No Jor el transported it to the fortress and encapsulated it inside a crystal. The jerk.

Comment

who is "No Jor el"?

lol j/k

Comment

It makes no sense to me that Kal listens to Jor telling him how much better he is and how proud he is of his son and he leaves the fortress without the suit. It would have been wonderful to see the suit glowing at a distance then Clark puts it on grabs Lois in his arms and flies off with her. She looks into his eyes and lovingly says "Superman"! It could have been so much better than child abuse and torture stories.
                  Just because he heard a hologram doesn't make him worthy to AI!Jor (we know AI Jor is his intelligence so we have to have some faith here its for the best). Also Jor didn't say Clark was better than him, he said he hoped his own faults would die with him not that Clark didn't possess them. Remember AI!Jor pointed out Clark's ego and recklessness in Lazarus, the son has the same flaw.

Comment

How could Clark NOT know that the suit is at the fortress?

1. The suit was a gift from his mother. I'm sure he noticed that it's not in the box anymore
                    2. The suit can clearly be seen encased in a new shard of crystal at the fortress.

Anyway, Clark is not authorized to take the suit yet. Only Jor-el can release it at the time when he feels his son has earned it.

Comment

Because then it would become an actual Superman show and the CW/TPTB can't have that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mantaray
                        How could Clark NOT know that the suit is at the fortress?

1. The suit was a gift from his mother. I'm sure he noticed that it's not in the box anymore
                        2. The suit can clearly be seen encased in a new shard of crystal at the fortress.

Anyway, Clark is not authorized to take the suit yet. Only Jor-el can release it at the time when he feels his son has earned it.
                        That's my point: he appears to him in hologram form and extols his virtues and Kal leaves empty handed. Letdown for me.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but are we defo sure that the suit was made by Martha????

You see IMO, I follow the theory that it was made on Krypton and sent in the ship and stored by Ma and Pa Kent and they would give it to CK when he was old enough to fit in it. I also think this because of the fact Jor-El has taken the suit. I think Jor-El made it on Krypton which would kinda then give him the right to hold onto the suit because he thinks that CK is not worthy of wearing it yet. My reasoning is that it would be pretty lame of Jor-El to take away and encase a suit that was made by Martha. Surely then he has no right to take it. That's why I feel the suit is Kryptonian, because it at least explains Jor-El's link to it, and hence explains why he took it. Does anyone get me?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Son-El
                            I posted this in another thread, but are we defo sure that the suit was made by Martha????

You see IMO, I follow the theory that it was made on Krypton and sent in the ship and stored by Ma and Pa Kent and they would give it to CK when he was old enough to fit in it. I also think this because of the fact Jor-El has taken the suit. I think Jor-El made it on Krypton which would kinda then give him the right to hold onto the suit because he thinks that CK is not worthy of wearing it yet. My reasoning is that it would be pretty lame of Jor-El to take away and encase a suit that was made by Martha. Surely then he has no right to take it. That's why I feel the suit is Kryptonian, because it at least explains Jor-El's link to it, and hence explains why he took it. Does anyone get me?
                            ugghh... I mean, sure! what's one more insult on the pile?
                            Last edited by dru-zod2501; 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Son-El

Joe El knows that Martha is a Luthor and had to get it away from her.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
                                ^^Just watched that part to see. It doesn't really look like he's looking at anything in particular. Just a common Clark looking distraught into space look.
                                Sorry, I disagree with you; I still feel he saw the suit. The musical climax and the look of his eyes showed this quite clearly IMHO that he noticed the suit and was shocked that this had been done to him by his own father.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎