Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The name "Lutessa"... Love the backstory, hate the name...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lena Teresa Luthor/Mercer. I like it. Much better than Lutessa Lena.

Comment

Unfortunately, what's done is done... they can't retrocon her name again... (well I guess they "could", but it would be stupid if they did)

Comment

Agreed.

Back story was interesting and frightening.

Name was lame but funny. Not as funny as seeing yet ANOTHER Luthor crest stained glass window.

Comment

I was actually going to start a thread saying her name should've been Lena Contessa Luthor, too, but glad to see someone else did. WTF were they thinking?

Comment

I liked it. It made sense that she would be called Tess. The name itself is pretty weird... but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              I was actually going to start a thread saying her name should've been Lena Contessa Luthor, too, but glad to see someone else did. WTF were they thinking?
              Perhaps she's not the real Lena & this is the Tess version of Henry James Olsen.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Perhaps she's not the real Lena & this is the Tess version of Henry James Olsen.

Not to be rude, but how many freaking times are going to use that joke? I am sooo royally sick of it... The "Henry" jokes were funny the first thousand times, but no it just irritates me. People need to stop it. It isn't funny anymore!!!!

When there is something slightly related to it, I could deal with it... but now people try and apply the "Henry" moniker to everything (even when it doesn't make sense to do so...) There could be a thread about Clark making Lois breakfast and I guarantee there will be 20 posts from people who think they are being funny saying, "Did he make that toast on 'Henry' The Toaster?" << This is a real example... SERIOUSLY!

Seriously! ever thread... EVERY freaking thread... No mater what the subject... they are filled with "Henry" jokes... I realize that everyone is entitle to post whatever they want, but the "Henry" jokes make me want to log out and never return.
                Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-14-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

The thought has crossed my mind too. And with Lena being her middle name, it's a good possibility imo. They could use that if they are planning to kill her off. Tess has had a history of being an almost character. She was almost Miss Tessmacher, almost Mercy Graves and now she could almost be Lena Luthor...

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                    Agreed.

Back story was interesting and frightening.

Name was lame but funny. Not as funny as seeing yet ANOTHER Luthor crest stained glass window.

They didn't change the crest in the window! The Luthor/Veritas crest is still there in the same location... The Luthor/Veritas shield is located in the center of the large stain glass window at around eye level... HOWEVER, a plain "L" shield (with no Veritas symbol) is at the top of every Gothic pointed arch window in Luthor Manor...

The main stain glass window has three arches... one big arch in the center and 2 smaller arches on the sides... At the top of the side arches (about 15 feet off the floor), a plain "L" shield is place... This is "L" they zoomed in on at the end of "Abandoned", but the Luthor/Veritas sheild is still positioned in the center of the main window.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Yeah. Man, that Insect Queen Lana was horrible. I never liked that storyline. But after what they did with Jimmy, I don't care what happens on this show anymore since it became a total joke.
                    So why bother coming onto a fan site for a show you "don't care what happens on" and consider a "total joke"????

Not trying to tell you to go away or anything, but I am trying to understand your psychological motivation... There are a lot of shows that I don't like on TV, but I don't go onto fan sites for these show... I don't like NASCAR, but I don't go onto forums devoted to NASCAR and tell everyone how much I hate race cars... Just curious...
                    Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-14-2010, 02:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley_Cramer
                      So why bother coming onto a fan site for a show you "don't care what happens on" and consider a "total joke"????

Not trying to tell you to go away or anything, but I am trying to understand your psychological motivation... There are a lot of shows that I don't like on TV, but I don't go onto fan sites for these show... I don't like NASCAR, but I don't go onto forums devoted to NASCAR and tell everyone how much I hate race cars... Just curious...
                      Well, my disappointment regarding that specific post stems from Jimmy being killed off & the producers telling us that they did it since he wasn't the proper age the Jimmy of the comics is supposed to be. The exact term they used at the time was mythos alignment. But if they applied "mythos alignment" to every character that didn't sync up with the comics, then they'd have to kill almost everyone off. Lucy is also supposed to be younger & about Jimmy's age since they date, but they didn't kill her off (she will be turned into a cougar now that little Jimmy's brother will be the new Jimmy & will probably date her like Jimmy in the comics did). That was just a BS explanation on their part. They blamed DC for killing him off, which was a gutless move. If DC didn't want a Jimmy who was Clark's age, they wouldn't have allowed him to be on back in season 6. Instead, I bet they wanted to trim down costs & got rid of Jimmy to do it, otherwise they wouldn't have promoted him as Smallville's Jimmy for 2 full seasons (plus they put him with the other actors to portray Jimmy Olsen on that DVD feature) only to kill him off at the end of his 3rd season on the show. That was a huge insult to viewers since they pretty much did the "Chlois" theory that was much discussed on these forums to Jimmy & his little brother (who we didn't even see until Doomsday). I would think in a show about Superman, characters like Jimmy would be kept while Chloe & Green Arrow would be the first to go if money was an issue.

So that's my reason I made that comment. I still care about the show & want it to meet its potential, but what they did with Jimmy was a joke, so I can't really take the show's characters seriously anymore. I also don't know which Cat Grant is supposed to be the Cat Grant (I'm assuming the one we have this season is supposed to be her) even though I like this season's Cat very much, but would like her to be in plots that are more serious than the one in Isis (her role in Shield was very good). And the thing with Jimmy has me wondering with Tess---is this just another fake character or is she supposed to be Smallville's version of Lena Luthor?

As for my overall disappointment because I know this show has a much greater potential than it lived up to for the last many seasons, I really expanded about that in these posts from another thread:

I no longer watch the show with the disappointment I once had because I learned to accept it for what it is. Right now, I'm just watching because I'm interested in seeing Clark become Superman & how Lex will return. The Darkseid plot has been a joke considering how little they've done with it---only 2 episodes were dedicated to it, Supergirl & Abandoned. I said before that if they don't have enough Darkseid/New Gods plot to fill up season 10 that they should not have done it. They could have given us Darkseid & the New Gods sporadically while having Intergang be the main villains, but of course they didn't do that. Smallville doesn't really do a good job with superpowered villains, except for Brainiac. I thought the best villain they ever had was Lionel back in seasons 2 & 3. If they would have brought Morgan Edge back (by revealing he survived again), Bruno Mannheim back, and done a plot where they seek the weapons from Apokolips, it would have been an organized crime type plot like Season 3, but geared towards the elements of Intergang. I even provided specifics on how this could be done:

----- Added 58 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by costas22
                      The thought has crossed my mind too. And with Lena being her middle name, it's a good possibility imo. They could use that if they are planning to kill her off. Tess has had a history of being an almost character. She was almost Miss Tessmacher, almost Mercy Graves and now she could almost be Lena Luthor...
                      I'd bet that Lex will kill her when he returns for siding with Clark rather than her own brother.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 11-14-2010, 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Tess' odd of living really depend on MR...IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
                          sounds like a sleep aid
                          lmao, good one
                          the name makes me laugh everytime I think about it... Lutessa who thought that one up

Comment

LUTESSA LUTHOR!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!

Umm, yeah. It's cheesy...

Comment

Originally posted by Terrific_T
                              LUTESSA LUTHOR!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!

Umm, yeah. It's cheesy...
                              And the worst part? They might start calling her Lu Lu.

Comment

Tess with a Ghetto accent:

"Girl! (snap fingers in a Z formation) Meh name's Lutessa Cherifah Latifah Lena Luthor! Dohn you be talking bout meh name?! I cut you! Dohn even! Dohn even!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎