No announcement yet.

Abandoned Screentimes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ella
    I was in this episode for 3 minutes and 7 seconds! Yay! How was I guys?

Cool, now I'm part of Smallville history!

You yet again professed your love of Lois.

I could have used more Ella despite the heartbreak. It was bittersweet.

Comment

I cannot express how nice it is to see Clark finally and consistently getting top screentime this season.

Great numbers for Lois as well... and Tess's total S10 screentime has now officially surpassed Oliver's, making me a happy camper!

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
        I'm stunned by Clark and Lois's time. This episode felt SO incredibly Lois and Clark lite.

And Tess only had 15 minutes? I almost swore she was there 20-30 minutes! lol
        Clark added about 8 minutes to his screen time in last 11 minutes of the show and Lois added around 6 minutes. So, for first 30 minutes, it was very Clark lite.
        Last edited by torwolf; 11-12-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I wish Lindsey Hartley had been used a little more, but overall great times all around.

Comment

When I saw those times I was like really? It felt Clark lite (I know its more than likely to have been to free Tom up for patriot) and I didn't think that Lois was in it that much.

But there were allot of characters in this ep and overall pretty happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
              I'm stunned by Clark and Lois's time. This episode felt SO incredibly Lois and Clark lite.

And Tess only had 15 minutes? I almost swore she was there 20-30 minutes! lol
              Tess made her screen time count, but to me it felt like Clark was in it for five minutes. You could have cut him out of the entirety of Tess' plot and I wouldn't have noticed. It actually felt like a very Lois and Tess heavy episode to me, but I liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                Tess made her screen time count, but to me it felt like Clark was in it for five minutes. You could have cut him out of the entirety of Tess' plot and I wouldn't have noticed. It actually felt like a very Lois and Tess heavy episode to me, but I liked that.
                See, and I on the other hand really didn't like that.

IMO, they should have given Clark his own storyline and not shoehorned him into Tess's story. She could have investigated Granny Goodness on her own (maybe even taking Ollie instead of Clark with her if she needed the support and if JH could have been given this episode). Then Clark, for instance, could have perhaps had a story that connected more intimately to his parents, maybe something with Darkseid. That way we would have had the three main characters each with their own story about being abandoned, and each getting pivotal moments at the end. (And there have been episodes where several stories are being told like Crossfire that work out really well...)

Instead, it seemed like a Tess/Lois episode with a special Clark moment just plopped at the end (even though I adored the Fortress scene, it just seemed so random). I would have liked the episode to show more of Clark's story, even just a few minutes would have helped. I liked this episode but it was too Clark lite and even if he had a good ST, it wasn't really his story being developed but Tess's...

And I love Tess a lot (and Lois is my favorite) but I still like episodes that are slightly more balance in regards to Clark's own story and development.

Comment

yea it was even out pretty well across all the characters.

Comment

whoa. very cool. hopefully more clois time....period.

Comment

I loved what we got of Clark; he was rather snide to Tess at the beginning, but still heroically went to her rescue, even though Lois was going through her own family heartbreak, discovered a clue to Tess' identity from the music box, did his own computer search, heard distressing noises through Amazing Grace, [Super power-hearing] sped to the little girl's rescue, was shirtless, chained, and then strapped tso Granny's chair, but figured out how to rescue himself [#2 freeze breath] AND race to Tess' rescue [#3 super speed] burn through TEss' noose [#4 heat vision], knock out Lashina [#5 super strength], figure out that Lois had made an unplanned side trip to the Fortress, not dissolve in to tears at his parents' heartbreaking, heartwarming last message, thank Lois in her role in letting him see that very important message, ask Lois to go do karaoke with him and have an engagement ring for her warming his pocket. Oh yeah, I love Clark.

Comment

Finally some decent ST for Tess.

Comment

TW directed Patriot, so lower ST for him in this was to be expected. Still, Im surprised he got that much, Lois too, because it felt like they havent really had that much to do in this episode. And while I find this Tess backstory out of nowhere forced on us, it has some potential and I would gladly take 15 min (or more) ST of Tess than 5 min of Oliver any day

Comment

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                            TW directed Patriot, so lower ST for him in this was to be expected. Still, Im surprised he got that much, Lois too, because it felt like they havent really had that much to do in this episode. And while I find this Tess backstory out of nowhere forced on us, it has some potential and I would gladly take 15 min (or more) ST of Tess than 5 min of Oliver any day
                            Good point. I forgot about Tom directing Patriot. It reminds me of Turbulence actually. Clark and Tess sharing a plot with Tom appearing in limited capacity due to the fact that he was supposed to direct Hex, but still getting the most ST.

Comment

Only 15 minutes for Tess? It felt like more! In a good way!

I really didn't like the switching between Tess and Lois.. I honestly found Tess' story way more interesting. And it didn't feel like one episode. The stories didn't tie in with each other at all.

But all the Tess-revelations were pretty damn awesome!! I truly loved Tess in this episode. That part of the episode rocked!

And yay! We finally saw some more of Shelby!

The Ella-tape seemed longer dan 3 minutes, but it was okay.
                              I DID think that Mad Harriet should've been in it more. It was so short!

Also, when I come to think of it... Clark didn't even need to be in this episode. Lois wouldn't have needed him, because she decided to do things her own way anyway (and so what if Jor-El captured her) AND Tess didn't really need Clark either. She handled things pretty well too. (And Green Arrow could've hopped in to save her from choking to death.) Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Clark-less episode once? (Okay, I already feel like I'm alone at this haha!)

Comment

Fair amount of screen time for everyone IMO. Clark and Lois are the leads so it's not a surprise they got the most as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎