No announcement yet.

Jor-El and Lara-El's scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ressurrector
    Clark's daddy is the warlock!!! and the voice is Zod!!! And his mom is Supergirl!!!!

It's also amusing how Lois' mom, Clark's mother-in-law, is Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by TECHWON
      regardless it was a good scene either way
      oh i agree. i didn't mean for it to sound like i didnt like it. and i'm not ashamed to admit that as a man, it tugged at the heart strings lol

solid acting. you could really feel that they wanted their son to know how much he meant to them, how much they loved him and how much they wanted him to succeed in his life on earth.

Comment

If both jor-El and Lara are natural blonds (a recessive trait) how did they sire a dark haired child (dominant trait)? Was there hanky-panky between Lara and Zor-EL after all?

Comment

Continuity is Smallville's kryptonite.

Comment

Well if Jor-El can be a computer and yet have emotions and can cast his influence in the real world in many ways then its not too far off to say that he could render himself at any age he wanted in the hologram.

Comment

And gee, Jor-El's voice didn't sound anything like Terrance Stamp......!

Comment

Originally posted by tasmic
                So my only question/issue was, why did he look the same in the archive footage as he did in the 20 years before Krypton blew up and also with the "clone" Jor-El who came out of the Orb??? I mean they could have easily made his hair alot more Whiter and that alone would have done it.
                Kryptonians age much slower than humans. They can live for thousands of years (Clark does in the comics). Remember Clark encountered a Kryptonian who had been on earth since the 1800's and was one of the founders of Smallville. In modern times in the comics Superwoman is a kryptonian who had been on earth for hundreds of years and was at least 1000 years old but looked to be about the same age as Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                  If both jor-El and Lara are natural blonds (a recessive trait) how did they sire a dark haired child (dominant trait)? Was there hanky-panky between Lara and Zor-EL after all?
                  The same way my grandparents conceived a blonde and blue eyed child, albeit both being raven with hazel eyes. Latent genes. Before you get any ideas, I am the spitting image of my grandfather, except for the lighter hair color and the blue eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                    I think you are using human genetics as a frame of reference. There's no guarantee that Kryptonian genetics is the same.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by geminis
                    Lara has never disappointed me.
                    Me either

I remember being mesmerized by how beautiful Helen Slater was when I saw Supergirl. And now at almost 47, she is still SUPER beautiful. And I think she does a great job as Lara.
                    Last edited by old guy; 11-12-2010, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
                      And gee, Jor-El's voice didn't sound anything like Terrance Stamp......!

You have to sound more intimidating when you come out of speakers (think Darth Vader)

Comment

Lara-El made it seem like she never been to earth before..

she was making it seem like she never heard of earth before.
                        She was talking about how Jor-El told her about Earth and how its full of complicated beings with great potential...

ummmm Lara, didnt u come to earth once before (in a flashback scene, back S.7)
                        not that clone episode..
                        the one where she came with Kara and they were touring the Kent house...

come on now lol

Comment

Originally posted by empi1290
                          she was making it seem like she never heard of earth before.
                          She was talking about how Jor-El told her about Earth and how its full of complicated beings with great potential...

ummmm Lara, didnt u come to earth once before (in a flashback scene, back S.7)
                          not that clone episode..
                          the one where she came with Kara and they were touring the Kent house...

come on now lol
                          I know that was weird. Maybe Zor-El blanked her memory just like he did with Kara in that episode lol.

Comment

Yeah, I know...but since I actually hated that whole storyline in season 7...I'm willing to overlook it.

Comment

She HAD been to earth but never encountered any humans and this is what she was refering to.

Comment

One of my favourite smallville moments defo, when Jor-El started talking about Clark's destiny and becoming earth's greatest savior i got emotional. Have a look around Clark, there is something there that belongs to you!

It kinda answered questions about Jor-El's attitude towards Clark at certain points in his journey, what a burden he himself had.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎