Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jor-El and Lara-El's scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite part of the show...that and seeing Lionel...

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_LEX
      It seems that the A.I. Jor-El is the 'ego' that he didn't want to leave his son with. If you think about it though, if Jor-El would have left an A.I. that was all 'its okay, you'll get them next time' Clark would NEVER become Superman. He had to be more strict and Jor-El's holographic message was probably part of the plan and was to be show to his son at the right time. Because now, Clark will never see his father the same way again. He'll understand that his father & mother for that matter loves him, and that anything the A.I. Jor-El asks of him or tells him is for a reason and not just to impose his will on him. He's preparing him for his great purpose on Earth. I know it seems like he's been an a-hole, but so do drill sergeants in the armed forces. I get Jor-El isn't a soldier but a scientist and not a drill sergeant but his father, but imagine preparing your son to be the savior of another planet. You'd know that you'd have to be harder on him than you'd want to be...
      regardless it was a good scene either way

Comment

Jor-El question???

Hey guys, new members here but LONG time Smallville follower. Amazing overall episode and I am loving how this season, even some of the "filler" episodes always seem to have that small little "wow" moment. (Though not implying this episode was one of them )

Btw before I get into my ramble, sorry if this was already mentioned/answered here:

Anyways, I was wondering something about the Archieve Footage of Jor-El and Lara-El that was seen in the fortress. From what I could understand, that was recorded right before Kal-El ship was about to take off and Krypton was exploding around them. One thing which caught me off guard was the Age of Jor-El. Because it was being played by Julian Sands who was in the 9x07 episode "Kandor" with a scene with Major Zod Twenty years before the destruction of Krypton with they extracted everyones DNA.

So my only question/issue was, why did he look the same in the archive footage as he did in the 20 years before Krypton blew up and also with the "clone" Jor-El who came out of the Orb??? I mean they could have easily made his hair alot more Whiter and that alone would have done it.
        Last edited by tasmic; 11-12-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

It was a terrific scene...we finally saw a holographic Jor-El...and Lara.

Comment

Mmmmm... Kryptonians age well?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              It was a terrific scene...we finally saw a holographic Jor-El...and Lara.
              To true, first time we have seen an embodied (not possessed [Lion-El]) Jor-El in the fortress.

Terrence and Julian both do an excellent job with the role.

As does Helen with Lara.

Comment

They were amazing. One of my favorite scenes of the episode, maybe even the series.

Comment

well they probably didnt want to age him to much. plus you could say that the jorel we saw in kandor flashbacks and clone was like late 40s or so yrs old. And then the jorel at the time kalel's death was like 60s. So really not to much aging could happen in that.

Comment

Stop watching every episode, you'll upset Tom Welling.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                      Mmmmm... Kryptonians age well?
                      yes i'd go with this one
                      and welcome Tasmic!

Comment

I thought it interesting that Jor-El said Clark's bravery will come from his mother. Jor-El seemed kind of tortured to me, and I felt bad for him.

But a question - those holographic images were not from the AI, were they? Because as far as I am concerned, the AI is now and forever just a machine. Clark connected with his real father (and mother) via the message.

Comment

Clark's daddy is the warlock!!! and the voice is Zod!!! And his mom is Supergirl!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                            yes i'd go with this one
                            and welcome Tasmic!
                            Hehe thanks appreciate the welcome

Originally posted by superspider02
                            well they probably didnt want to age him to much. plus you could say that the jorel we saw in kandor flashbacks and clone was like late 40s or so yrs old. And then the jorel at the time kalel's death was like 60s. So really not to much aging could happen in that.
                            I mean yah understand that, but he looked EXACTLY the same, i mean if they would've just made his Hair just a little more white, that alone would have been perfect!

I'm sorry, i'm just a picker for these things, that scene alone in my opinion made the whole episode AMAZING, well that and the engagement ring!!!

Comment

Lara has never disappointed me.

This was flesh and blood Jor-El seen in the hologram, and I could really like him.

Comment

I didn't like Helen Slater's acting here. It was really off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎