No announcement yet.

Jor-El and Lara-El's scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jor-El and Lara-El's scenes

What did you think? I have to admit this was my favorite part of the episode.

Oh it absolutely was. Sure, Jor El inconsistencies bother me--but that was still an iconic scene. Superman actually seeing his parents, together, leaving a last message--

Gotta love it.

Comment

I liked this Jor-El instead of the SOB that Clark knows - and I'm being too kind.

Comment

I thought it was sweet but anticlimactic. I was expecting the fortress to light back up afterwards. Also... the storing of the clip inside the fortress is kind of impossible considering Jor-El sent the stones to earth before he knew of Krypton's fate. That video was made minutes before Krypton imploded.

Comment

It was an emotional moment. Yeah Jor-El is a hard character to read but it seems like he is more human than he realises.

Comment

it was a great scene but was get educated about her destiny and about Krypton ??

Comment

It seemed to be upstage the Ella/Lois scene, but it failed due to the fact I have no idea why the Fotress decided to show that message now after attacking Lois. No problems with the actors or the lines, but I really hate how they have mangled the Jor-El fortress to the point its laughable. A scene by itself was a very well done, but in the context of the episode let alone the show, it failed.

Comment

It seems that the A.I. Jor-El is the 'ego' that he didn't want to leave his son with. If you think about it though, if Jor-El would have left an A.I. that was all 'its okay, you'll get them next time' Clark would NEVER become Superman. He had to be more strict and Jor-El's holographic message was probably part of the plan and was to be show to his son at the right time. Because now, Clark will never see his father the same way again. He'll understand that his father & mother for that matter loves him, and that anything the A.I. Jor-El asks of him or tells him is for a reason and not just to impose his will on him. He's preparing him for his great purpose on Earth. I know it seems like he's been an a-hole, but so do drill sergeants in the armed forces. I get Jor-El isn't a soldier but a scientist and not a drill sergeant but his father, but imagine preparing your son to be the savior of another planet. You'd know that you'd have to be harder on him than you'd want to be...

Comment

I got a better sense and was way more impressed with Lara-El in this one scene than I was in all of that episode Helen Slater guest-starred in during season 7 (the name of which I can't think of right now). Back then, the character fell flat for me, but in this one I was intrigued. I also really liked Julian and Helen looking around them every once in a while, as if Krypton were coming down all around them. Nice touch that made the scene that much better.

Comment

I loved the scene. Damn, Clark has good looking parents!

Comment

I was glad to see Clark get that message. Maybe he and Jor-El will reconcile their differences soon. I admit, I was *hoping* that we'd hear a short discussion between Jor-El and Clark, but no..... ah well, it was still well done.

Comment

Originally posted by ReevesSuperman
                        It seemed to be upstage the Ella/Lois scene, but it failed due to the fact I have no idea why the Fotress decided to show that message now after attacking Lois. No problems with the actors or the lines, but I really hate how they have mangled the Jor-El fortress to the point its laughable. A scene by itself was a very well done, but in the context of the episode let alone the show, it failed.
                        I'm not sure it attacked her. It just held her there because it wanted to draw Kal-El in. It's not like it was gonna hurt her or anything. haha

Comment

This scene was very nice & touching. I loved how the actors interacted. I especially liked Helen Slater's performance. They make a good-looking duo

Comment

Best part of the episode. This scene brought out the waterworks.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_LEX
                              I'm not sure it attacked her. It just held her there because it wanted to draw Kal-El in. It's not like it was gonna hurt her or anything. haha
                              Well, she seemed a bit shaken by it. We also don't know what would happen if Clark never showed or showed up days later.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎