Television Ratings for "Abandoned"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to say OH NO! Because I expected 3 million but then I saw SPN had 2 million and damn that means that SV had over 900K more than SPN so maybe that night wasn't as great as other nights. Usually SV and SPN are hand in hand in the ratings, aren't they? I mean SV tends to be higher but not by much, and here, the difference is HUGE. So, even though I wanted 3 million for SV, I'm still thrilled with almost 2.9 for the episode.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by pjack
    YES Smallville did hit over 3 million in the 2nd half hour according to Tvbythenumbers. Smallville is doing awesome and better than all those stupid other shows Dawn put up and its on a FRIDAY too! Hope she sees that its not what she wants but what people want to watch. Foolish lady.
    Oh, that's more good news! And you know what? I didn't like the episode all that much and I bet most of the new viewers just tuned in for Hatcher so I hope they saw her since she was only in the episode for a few minutes and I don't think most people knew when exactly she'd be on...
    Last edited by Lizbeth; 11-13-2010, 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Fantastic news on the ratings. Also Smallville is #1 on Amazon Video on Demand.

Smallville Rocks!!!

Comment

Really good number, Smallville deserved it this week.

Comment

Good job again, Smaville. I have a peculiar feeling we'll reach 3 million/episode soon.
          Last edited by redkryptoniteisthebest; 11-13-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I knew Teri Hatcher's appearance would bump up the stats.SV is awesome this season.

Comment

So the bump up in viewers was in the 2nd half. Whereas TH was in the 1st half. But, doesn't viewership usually increase in the 2nd half anyways?

In spite of this episode being crappy, I'm glad that it maintains good viewership.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz Fernando
                MattMitovich Matt Mitovich

#SMALLVILLE 'Abandoned' delivers 2.9 million viewers, places #2 in demos. That's real *and* spectacular!
                Wow! 2nd in the key Demo's! I'm so Proud of our Smallville!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by wellinglover66
                    So the bump up in viewers was in the 2nd half. Whereas TH was in the 1st half. But, doesn't viewership usually increase in the 2nd half anyways?
                    I don't get the joke. It's not like people tuned in knowing when Teri would appear. If the bump was in the second half then maybe people assumed her scenes would be at the end of the episode and tuned in then.

This episode had a very large increase in ratings from last week to this week. What else could account for the ratings increase but TH, who was promoted heavily around the internet as appearing in this episode?

Let's get real here...regardless of when the bump in ratings came, it was because of TH. I have no doubt about that...

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by psyko69
                    Nice, Smallville actually hit 3 Million viewers in that second half hour!!!
                    That's amazing that the second half reached 3 million and even the 2.77 in the first half was amazing! This season is just doing so wonderfully in the ratings. I'm sure the producers and writers are thrilled!
                    Last edited by Candice; 11-13-2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't think Terri Hatcher had that much to do with the ratings at all. Harvest had a slightly larger rating than this one. Plus 2.6 and 2.9 is not that much of a disparity compared to the 3.18 Homecoming received. Isis also received a 2.6 and Harvest a 2.9, and the season 10 premiere a 2.9. My point is that two of Smallville's episode have already received a 2.9 without TH being in them. Plus the internet smallville fans are only a fraction of the viewing audience.
                      Last edited by asha14; 11-13-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

On the ratings, I've always thought they are done backwards. Ratings go up the week AFTER a show exceeds expectations. (a combination of the random viewer showing up, and the increase in returning viewers). Sometimes the promos are misleadingly bad (Isis promos had me expecting far less than I got), but I think that Isis did beat peoples expectations made Harvest do much better than any one expected. But then people must not have been impressed by Harvest so ratings went down for Abandoned, when it was a great show.

I'm not discounting TH here. No question she was a positive factor. But still, I think Ambush was a good episode and brought people back. I didn't like Abandoned, but I hope enough people did to bring more people back next week.

Can someone explain to me what is meant by #2 in the demos? Does that mean that there are known key advertising demographics, and Smallville is #2 in that? And if it does mean that, that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoAeon
                          I didn't like Abandoned, but I hope enough people did to bring more people back next week.
                          I expect a major drop next week and it has nothing to do with what people thought of Abandoned. If you look at the past couple seasons episodes 8 has been the highest rated episode of the first half(Bloodline and Idol) while episode 9 takes a hit(Abyss(even though it was preempted in NY I don't think it would have done as well as any other episode that first half) and Pandora).

Add the fact I believe Harry Potter premieres next Friday, that tough competition.

Comment

I really can't understand how the network thinks.

Right now,smallville has the most viewers than any other show on the CW which is 3 million,ok?If it was on Thursdays I'm sure it'd hit 4 million viewers at least(cause since SV moved to Friday nights it lost almost a million viewers)

So, my question is:why doesn't Dawn put the show back on Thursday nights since it's clearly the most watched show on the network right now?Wouldn't the network make a huge profit out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by smallv17
                              I really can't understand how the network thinks.

Right now,smallville has the most viewers than any other show on the CW which is 3 million,ok?If it was on Thursdays I'm sure it'd hit 4 million viewers at least(cause since SV moved to Friday nights it lost almost a million viewers)

So, my question is:why doesn't Dawn put the show back on Thursday nights since it's clearly the most watched show on the network right now?Wouldn't the network make a huge profit out of it?
                              I agree. But that will never happen. She's already got Vampire Diaries & Nikita cemented into the 8:00/9:00 timeslots on Thursday. And there is no way in He11 that Dawn would move those series around.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Anyway, 2.9 million viewers is fantastic!!! A testament (not just because of Teri Hatcher, but) to the awesomeness that is Smallville Season 10!
                              Last edited by VilleFan; 11-13-2010, 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I gotta ask were this friday something special? Was the episode preempted in some places? Cause I can't really understand how SPN only got 2.08 million viewers, and Smallville 2.90 million. I'm glad for Smallville, ofc. But gotta wonder though. They usually have almost the same ratings =S

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎