No announcement yet.

Who DOESN'T know?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Karza
    I swear. The guy can't fart in a breeze without someone downwind discovering his identity.
    OMG!!!!

A fart like that would level a good portion of the country, you do know that right? lol

Comment

Just to throw another thing on the secret identity thing out there...

We live in a world where we KNOW Clark Kent is Superman, and that colors our perception of his secret identity. We think it's silly and stupid, because to us, it's obvious. I mean, how can anyone not notice?

Well, they aren't looking. When you look at Clark Kent, you know you are looking at Superman, and it's obvious to you. When someone at the Daily Planet looks at Clark, they see... Clark. Clark is their coworker, and in come cases friend. He's not hiding anything, he's just a quirky, mild mannered, farm kid.

Superman on the other hand, he's everything Clark isn't. And he's got nothing to hide, he shows his face after all. And that ladies and gentlemen, is the kicker. In a world of masked vigilantes, and scary alien threats, Superman shows up with no mask, and a smile on his face. The greatest piece of Clark's disguise, is his charm. Superman shows up, and no one thinks, I wonder who that guy really is. He's Superman. His story is known. Krypton was destroyed, but he came to Earth, and started saving people. No one knows he was raised in Kansas. No one knows he's Clark Kent, and no one suspects him of this either. After all, he doesn't even wear a mask. Surely if he was hiding some secret identity, he'd be wearing a mask. Every other hero out there is. People just assume Superman doesn't have a secret identity.

Clark's work schedule also helps with this. How many people would suspect Superman of having a secret identity, when he's around virtually 24/7/365. Day, night, near, far, it doesn't matter. Superman is always there when needed. Really, what kind of job would support that? His presence as Superman actually helps detract from suspicion he has another identity, because it's so visible, and so all the time, he couldn't possibly be working a "regular" job like us humans. Being Superman is his job.

Comment

Perry White
        Cat Grant
        The rest of the DP office that's nameless
        The real Jimmy Olsen
        Lucy Lane

In fairness, the only other characters on the show are Lois, villains, and everyone else is associated with the JL... and they all know each others. Oh, and his mother.

Comment

Dangerous people who know but haven't done anything in years:

Rachel Dunleavy.

Helen Bryce.

Morgan Edge ( I don't believe his's dead).

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
            Scotty Doesn't Know
            LOL!! I love that movie!!

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
              Just to throw another thing on the secret identity thing out there...

We live in a world where we KNOW Clark Kent is Superman, and that colors our perception of his secret identity. We think it's silly and stupid, because to us, it's obvious. I mean, how can anyone not notice?

Well, they aren't looking. When you look at Clark Kent, you know you are looking at Superman, and it's obvious to you. When someone at the Daily Planet looks at Clark, they see... Clark. Clark is their coworker, and in come cases friend. He's not hiding anything, he's just a quirky, mild mannered, farm kid.

Superman on the other hand, he's everything Clark isn't. And he's got nothing to hide, he shows his face after all. And that ladies and gentlemen, is the kicker. In a world of masked vigilantes, and scary alien threats, Superman shows up with no mask, and a smile on his face. The greatest piece of Clark's disguise, is his charm. Superman shows up, and no one thinks, I wonder who that guy really is. He's Superman. His story is known. Krypton was destroyed, but he came to Earth, and started saving people. No one knows he was raised in Kansas. No one knows he's Clark Kent, and no one suspects him of this either. After all, he doesn't even wear a mask. Surely if he was hiding some secret identity, he'd be wearing a mask. Every other hero out there is. People just assume Superman doesn't have a secret identity.

Clark's work schedule also helps with this. How many people would suspect Superman of having a secret identity, when he's around virtually 24/7/365. Day, night, near, far, it doesn't matter. Superman is always there when needed. Really, what kind of job would support that? His presence as Superman actually helps detract from suspicion he has another identity, because it's so visible, and so all the time, he couldn't possibly be working a "reular" job like us humans. Being Superman is his job.
              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                We have some random astronomer
                I'm going to assume you mean Dr. Virgil Swann. Who passed away in "Sacred" (2005). Dead men tell no tales.

and his wife,
                ??? Okay, I'm going to assume you mean Margot Kidder's character, who also died in 2005.

Dr. Hamilton,
                Steven or Emil? The former's dead since 2002. The latter works with Clark and the team.

Lex himself,
                Not after "Finale".

Tess,
                A member of the proto-League, who later becomes Red Tornado and a founding member of the Justice League, alonside Clark.

Lana,
                That actually lines up with the source material (at least, at the time of airing).

Cloe (waaah! I miss herrr!!!)
                While an original character, her character heavily alludes to the Pete Ross of Earth-One: a childhood friend of Clark Kent, who learns his secret by accident, help him out on occation and then has a son named Jonathan.

the general,
                Proof?

one government agency
                Which one? Checkmate or the DDS/VRA? With the latter, only a few agents knew it. No doubt, this knowledge was wiped from the minds afterwards.

and one rich-folk cult.
                Out of which, only Dr. Swann and Lionel knew that his name was Clark Kent and that he had powers. Also, all of Veritas has been killed-off.

The comic book geek.
                The guy in "Action" or the kid from "Warriorr"?

Originally posted by Supes_24
                just about all the meteor freaks who are still alive

They need to find a solution for this before the end...
                They did. In "Cure", they established that there is now a medical procedure for the meteor infected. One that also removes their memories of their time as meteor infected (which would include knowledge of Clark's secret). While we're not given a complete list of meteor infected, who have been given this treatment, it's probably a sizable amount of the ones at Belle Reve (i.e. people who have met and seen Clark's powers).

Originally posted by Jennsen
                Rachel Dunleavy.
                Could've died in the years since "Lineage". If not retconned out of existence, as they don't acknowledge the existence of her son, after S2 (frequently refering to Lex as Lionel's only son, not counting the late Julian). Meaning she may no longer exist.

Helen Bryce.
                Jumped out of an airplane. No reference to a missing parachute. Didn't return for seasons 8-10, when Lex was believed to be dead. Oh, yeah, and Lex was able to marry Lana in S6. He was married to Helen, at the time of her disappearance. So, for him to be able to legally remarry, she has to be dead (or, at least, legally deceased).

Morgan Edge.
                Dead.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎