Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Rick Flag against the Vigilantes Act...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought at the beginning that the creator of this thread created a petition that supports enforcing this act

Comment

may be talking about the last building that was blown up- not the Talon!

Comment

The last building that was blown up was the Vigilante Registration Act headquarter offices, thats why Rick Flag had it blown up. He saw the act passed and it meant war to him so he had his guy blow it up. At least thats how I saw it since it had Clark's family shield crossed out in the windows and signs.

Comment

Originally posted by HulkfanwithSmallville
          may be talking about the last building that was blown up- not the Talon!
          My bad sorry! I forgot about the last building. Thank you for the info.

Comment

The whole registration act very much reminded of the Civil War storyline from Marvel comics.

Comment

AlexfromLubbock: I think you will find many a Superman fan, who finds Clark Kent's portrayal in the Dark Knight Returns, and the Dark Knight Strikes Again, to be very, very out of character.

Superman wasn't just a sanctioned hero in the Dark Knight Series, he was an overt US Government Operative. Something Superman is actually against. Though he is an American, he views himself as having a larger duty to the world, than to any one nation.

As for The New Frontier, it was a different time. Superman was primarily, at least it seemed to me, to be cooperating with the government to help diffuse the fear of the unknown, and heroes in general. While he operates for the government in some instances, he isn't a blind puppet like in the Dark Knight Series. He won't condemn other heroes, or perform acts that he's against. Even going so far as to condemn Wonder Woman for an act that the government wouldn't necessarily have a problem with. Enemy combatants killed by their slaves. Not exactly a huge issue in the middle of a war. But Superman disagreed, and was vocal about it, and uneasy about where things were going.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                AlexfromLubbock: I think you will find many a Superman fan, who finds Clark Kent's portrayal in the Dark Knight Returns, and the Dark Knight Strikes Again, to be very, very out of character.

Superman wasn't just a sanctioned hero in the Dark Knight Series, he was an overt US Government Operative. Something Superman is actually against. Though he is an American, he views himself as having a larger duty to the world, than to any one nation.

As for The New Frontier, it was a different time. Superman was primarily, at least it seemed to me, to be cooperating with the government to help diffuse the fear of the unknown, and heroes in general. While he operates for the government in some instances, he isn't a blind puppet like in the Dark Knight Series. He won't condemn other heroes, or perform acts that he's against. Even going so far as to condemn Wonder Woman for an act that the government wouldn't necessarily have a problem with. Enemy combatants killed by their slaves. Not exactly a huge issue in the middle of a war. But Superman disagreed, and was vocal about it, and uneasy about where things were going.
                Superman in Frank Miller's dark knight universe had reasons for following the goverement too even though he admits he doesn't like it.
                Superman # 146(the silver age story) said his main loyality is to America where he grew up
                Frank Miller says about Superman in Comics Interview #31 that "Superman is such a great character. Superman was created during the Depression in response to a feeling of powerlessness, as a statement by the boys who made him up, that we do have power! Superman was the common man, he fought battles for the rights of people. Many of his stories are anti-war statements. They make the very strong point that in war, men are murdered by their own government! Superman would drag generals to the front line of battlefields so that they'd be in danger and realize that their men were. Superman fought corrupt employers, robber barons, he actually represented something -- the common man. What I discovered is that when you're working on a character like Superman -- that legend is really what's in control. The essental things that makes Superman Superman had to be in John Byrne's version and in mine.
                Batman's methods can't be nice. Much of what he does to criminals is staged like a horror movie. He's the hero who acts like a villain - the epitome of the Dionysian hero, just as Superman - the Appollonian hero. In Christian terms, Batman commits evil to fight evil. And the whole problem with Batman is that he makes no compromises along the way. When he comes out of retirement he acts exactly as he did before. Except he's a bit less patient now because he's only got a certain amount of time left. The central conflict is the world versus Batman.

ASBR has Batman kidinaps a boy and the way he handles criminals which Superman veiw as the public excuse to take out superheroes

Byrne's Superman was appointed special deputy by the mayor of Metropolis in Man of Steel #4 as well as working with the president in Legends who said although he didn't agree with the ameri

In DKR he says "You were the one they used against us, Bruce. The one who played it rough. When all the noise started from the parents' groups and the Sub-Committee called us in for questioning--you were the one who laughed...That scary laugh of yours...'Sure, we're criminals,' you said. 'We've always been criminals. We have to be criminals.' We almost threw a party when you retired. By then the FBI was in it and things were getting out of hand. And there was that trouble with Oliver. Do you remember why you retired, Bruce? No--Just look at you. You'd do it all again--And like a murderer you'd cover it up again. Nothing matters to you except your holy war. They were considering their options and you were probably still laughing when we came to terms. I gave them my obedience. They gave me a license and let us live. No, I don't like it. But I get to save lives and the media stays quiet. Diana (Wonder Woman) went back to her people. Hal (Green Lantern) went to the stars. But you, Bruce--you and your wild obsession."
                plus in DKSA Brainiac and Lex had Kandor under it's control and he didn't want them to die

I stress that Superman and Batman are enemies, and that Superman and Batman have been enemies for decades. They've never liked each other. Batman has tremendous contempt for Superman because he's such a "good boy," because he takes orders, from the President, among other people. Superman is something of a federal agent. And Superman, frankly, is scared of Batman. Because Batman represents to a certain extent, his own dark side. Which Superman doesn't want to look at. They imply completely different points of view. Superman implies a benevolent world - Batman implies a malevolent world. I cannot see two personalities like that getting along, acting friendly.

and a poster in Superhero hype said it brilliantly when he said "Frank Miller's idea that these superheroes would be vilified by parents groups, the media, and be called in for questioning by a Senate Sub-Committee was modeled after the real-life vilifying of these characters and the U.S. government proceedings against them in the 1950s. In reality these superheroes Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were vilified by parents groups, the media, a psychologist named Frederick Wertham and a Senate Sub-Committee on Juvenile Delinquency called the comic book publishers in for questioning and they eventually make a pact with the government that they would give them their obedience or disappear. It happened in 1954 and the original strict Comics Code was created, those that weren't code approved were forced out of publication because the threat of newsdealer boycotts were pressuring them into not selling what somebody had found offensive. DC editors had been censoring Batman comics since 1941 when they created an Editorial Advisory Board so by the 1950s it was actually the horror and crime comics Crime Suspenstories, Crime Does Not Pay, Tales of the Crypt, Vault of Fear, Haunt of Fear, that made comics all look like monsters and really soiled them in the public eye. Batman is at his core a horror-esque character dressing as a bat to frighten and had very brutal methods before DC editors censored the character, so Frank Miller puts Batman in the role that the horror and crime comics and their publisher Bill Gaines were in at the time that these things really happened. "

Comment

cuz rick flag has a twisted sense of justice which is why muahahahahaha

Comment

Tess sorta explained this.
                    He spent so much time with superhumans that he associates himself deeply with them. His reaction is the equivalent to a mother beating a creeper into the pavement with a purse to protect her child.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎