Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Rick Flag against the Vigilantes Act...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Rick Flag against the Vigilantes Act...

... if he doesn't like the vigilantes? Can some explain, ¿por favor?

He does like the vigilantes. He just wants to make them all join his team.

Comment

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm... ok. Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Son of Vern
        He does like the vigilantes. He just wants to make them all join his team.
        Not just join his team.........He wants to be their leader!!!

Comment

It sort of contradicts what he said at the end of 'Shield'. I think it was 'let's show these guys what it's like to mess with the suicide squad'.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was going to say, Last Son of Vern. He has great respect for the super-powered, as he's worked with them on the front lines a lot before as a member of the Suicide Squad for Checkmate. The Vigilante Registration Act would put them in stark opposition to whatever his personal agenda is, and he seems to be of the opinion (or at least he says) that vigilantes who register will get forced into indentured servitude to the American government, and will subsequently be killed fighting the U.S.'s battles for them.

Comment

he probably doesnt want the heroes going public/revealed themselfs. So he can use them for his own gains against the govt and others.

Comment

Rick sees himself as one of the heroes. He thinks he's trying to help and protect them. But he lacks their values, among other things.

Comment

Vigilante Act "Smallville" ??????

First off I'm puzzled by this act on Smallville because it kinda reminds me of Marvel's Comics "Civil War" this was a registration act that required SuperHeros to reveal there true identies and there was alot of mayhem in this these issues. One of our BIGGEST HEROS revealed his identity but regreted it was SPIDERMAN. Anyway I was wondering if this Vigilante Act has spread to the DC forum and if so I don't like it at all. Superman has always had two identies with only some knowing the secret.

Anyway I see this Act that the writers are putting into Smallville a bit confusing so please explain what good is it that the govt is going after Superheros and why isnt Martha Kent putting a stop to this.

Comment

There is some other thread like this DC has used this concept as well before Civil War like the JSA stories of the seventies, Batman The Dark Knight Returns and Legends.

I am surprised Clark is against it in Dark Knight Returns and DC The New Frontier Superman was a government sanctioned hero.

As for Martha she is just one politician against many who do not have sons who are superheroes.
                    Last edited by AlexfromLubbock; 11-06-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFan1969
                      First off I'm puzzled by this act on Smallville because it kinda reminds me of Marvel's Comics "Civil War" this was a registration act that required SuperHeros to reveal there true identies and there was alot of mayhem in this these issues. One of our BIGGEST HEROS revealed his identity but regreted it was SPIDERMAN. Anyway I was wondering if this Vigilante Act has spread to the DC forum and if so I don't like it at all. Superman has always had two identies with only some knowing the secret.

Anyway I see this Act that the writers are putting into Smallville a bit confusing so please explain what good is it that the govt is going after Superheros and why isnt Martha Kent putting a stop to this.
                      Martha 's influence and vote can only go so far.

Comment

vigilante registration act

What exactly is the vigilate regisration act? And what was that building that was blown at the end of the episode.

Comment

Lol that's an idea they got from Marvel Comics.
                          The Mutant Registration Act and The Superhuman Registration Act are proposed laws that compel anyone with extranormal abilities to register as a mutant or superhuman. One must disclose one's identity, abilities and the origin, extent and nature of one's powers.
                          The registrant's offspring are also subject, upon birth and once again before the age of 18, to undergo genetic testing and monitoring.
                          In some forms of the legislation the government also reserves the right to conscript the registrant for military and law enforcement (or covert) operations.

Oh, hey! I didn't expect it, but there's actually a wiki article on it. Find it here.

Mutant Registration: It's for everybody's protection.
                          Last edited by Baron Karza; 11-09-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                            Lol that's an idea they got from Marvel Comics.
                            The Mutant Registration Act and The Superhuman Registration Act are proposed laws that compel anyone with extranormal abilities to register as a mutant or superhuman. One must disclose one's identity, abilities and the origin, extent and nature of one's powers.
                            The registrant's offspring are also subject, upon birth and once again before the age of 18, to undergo genetic testing and monitoring.
                            In some forms of the legislation the government also reserves the right to conscript the registrant for military and law enforcement (or covert) operations.

Oh, hey! I didn't expect it, but there's actually a wiki article on it. Find it here.

Mutant Registration: It's for everybody's protection.
                            It actually is the same thing that broke the JSA up years ago not really from Marvel.

It's rules have been vague but it seems vigilantes must go and register to the government if they want to operate or are criminals.

The building destroyed was The Talon a coffee shop theater and relic of the old Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by serdna
                              What exactly is the vigilate regisration act? And what was that building that was blown at the end of the episode.
                              I'm not trying to be mean at all but you are a form regular and you didn't recognize the Talon? Did you come in after the sign was blown up? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎