Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lane Sisters - Is Lois Admirable? Lucy Worth a second chance?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lois forgave Lucy, but she also stated that Lucy would have to regain her trust. Lois didn't allow Lucy to escape accountability of her actions.

Lucy, for her part, not only apologized for not confiding in Lois and trusting her judgement, but acknowledged why she acted the way she did. She admitted that she was envious of Lois and the way she is perceived to be the "good" daughter since her fall from grace. She wanted to prove to her father that she could be mature and responsible enough to be entrusted with important tasks and protect the family. She allowed that desire to compromise her faith in Clark's character and Lois' judgement. Lois admitted herself that she enjoyed being considered the "good" daughter, so I think both sisters addressed their issues with their relationship which is a great step to repairing it.

From Lois and Lucy to Lois and Clark and Tess and Oliver, the episode showed that family is about understanding, forgiveness, and second chances.
    Last edited by LoisReincarnate; 11-06-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Viola
      Lois is my hero tonight.
      I couldn't agree more. She is so awesome!

Comment

Lois deserves a "world's greatest sister trophy" for forgiving Lucy yet again.

Comment

Yes, Lois is definitely admirable in giving her sister another chance even after she almost got her killed and kissed her boyfriend. If I had a sister who did that, I don't know if I could be as forgiving and nice about it as Lois was. She had a right to be mad at her for what she had done, which she had made clear she was but Lois also knew she wasn't going to hold it against Lucy forever and just wanted to make up with her. And Lucy is a worth a second chance because after she almost got Lois killed, I think she realised that she hasn't been a very good sister to her and she is going to try and make it up to her now that Lois is giving her another chance.

Comment

As proud as I was of Clark last night in standing up to the General, I was even more proud of Lois' behavior last evening.

She was put through the wringer, a very emotional episode for Lois, pulled in so many directions and yet she found her way through it all.

Comment

MOD NOTE: Please keep on topic. This thread is to discuss whether Lois was admirable in her handling of the situation with her sister and whether Lucy is worthy of a second chance. It is not a popularity contest to determine who is 'prettier' or anything like that. Also, if you find a post that is out of line to the point of violating a rule, please don't call people out. Simply report it, otherwise you are causing more problems than you are solving. Remember that everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's a negative one or one that you disagree with. But if it's against the rules or you have the urge to personally attack someone, please just report it instead of causing more problems for your fellow board members
              Last edited by Vergon6; 11-07-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Lois was very admirable IMO. She kissed her bf for no reason than to get them in a fight. Then after that the way she treated clark. Then at the talon. I would seriously be p'oed at my sister. Just like in season 4 she forgave her. It just made me like lois that much more.

Comment

No no no

Lucy got off waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easily, when her actions clearly would've resulted in her father's and/or sister's death if Superman hadn't been around.

Comment

Lucy didn't get off too easily. She didn't intend for anything bad to happen to Lois or her father. Her main fault in the episode was being naive and being too concerned with being the better daughter over anything else. Typical Luce according to the mythology and Lois has dealt with that her entire life but what was Lois supposed to do? She did all she could do. She laid down the truth in front of Lucy, told her her truths and her faults. Then Lucy accepted it and was about to leave. Lois decided to give her another chance because she's family and tried to understand her.

That's what family does. They try to understand, not punish...

Comment

YES. Lucy is worth a second chance.
                      NO. Lois is not admirable in her treatment of Lucy.

Comment

I wonder why the people who said Lois isn't admirable for her treatment with Lucy would say that?

I was watching "Lucy" and Lois was a lot like how I treat my little sister. I might scold but only because I am being protective of her for her stupidity But as for Lois and Lucy's case, I think "Ambush" showed that despite Lois' anger and distrust, she is still willing forgive her sister. She is definitely admirable. I know if I was in her position, I would have stopped talking to her for a good week or two until I cooled down. And I'm not sure what to think of Lucy. She seems to care a lot for Lois but is she going to change for the better and stay away from bad influence? Not really...

Comment

Originally posted by Celestx88
                          I wonder why the people who said Lois isn't admirable for her treatment with Lucy would say that?
                          I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that, but its not for this thread.

Of course lois was admirable, if your sister kissed your bf and had no remorse for it, I don't think most people would be so forgiving.

Comment

I think Lucy is worth a second chance even though she betrayed lois in "lucy", kissed clark, and almost got lois blown up. Lois is one heck of an older sister to forgive lucy like that.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎