Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Ambush?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Add to that the fact that Oliver's reasoning for coming out to the public was that his secret was too much of a burden for Chloe, who has dealt with Clark's much, much larger secret since Season 4/5... He must really be an idiot. It's even funnier since I found that relationship highly contrived from day one (and all the way to the end).
    Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
      ^Add to that the fact that Oliver's reasoning for coming out to the public was that his secret was too much of a burden for Chloe, who has dealt with Clark's much, much larger secret since Season 4/5... He must really be an idiot. It's even funnier since I found that relationship highly contrived from day one (and all the way to the end).
      As I said I think the worst part is to focus on a character who isn't on the show for 10 episodes. It's just plain bad writing to have the bulk of an ongoing storyline happen on offscreenville.

Comment

• I think Chloe was a character the writers (thought they) knew how to write so they had to keep her in. And Brian and Kelly were big Chloe fans too hence why she got together with Oliver, married and got a child faster than Clark and Lois did despite the opposite screentimes and developement.

Comment

• A nice character-driven episode. We have Clark and Lois trying to deal with her family dropping by. We have Oliver trying to adjust to Tess running Watchtower, instead of Chloe. We also have the Suicide Squad trying to kill Sam Lane, but it felt organic, rather than tacked on to the episode (just so we can have some superhero action). Glad we got some follow-up with Lucy, who we haven't seen since season four.

The episode saw the destruction of the Talon. Very creative way of getting rid of a location. This was, of course, the season when the characters moved away from their Smallville residences (the ones that still lived there). So, destroying the Talon (and the Luthor Mansion) makes sense. For years, these characters (Clark, Lois, Tess and Chloe) have been living in Smallville and commuting to Metropolis on a daily basis. You need a little something more to justify why everyone is suddenly moving away from there (apart from the fact that the show's ending and the people departing the titular town seems like a good wrap-up). And why Clark doesn't just move into the Talon apartment, when he and Lois decides to live together. So, destroying two of the three Smallville residences (Kent Farm, Talon and the Luthor Mansion), motivates Lois, Chloe and Tess moving elsewhere (in the case of the Luthor Mansion; it also motivates why Lex doesn't move back there, upon his return, but takes up permanent residence in Metropolis). Afterwards, you just have to deal with the residents of the Kent Farm.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎