Special Effects in "Ambush"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everyone effects from the destruction of the Talon, Clark and Oliver breaking into the mobile missile truck, and Clark chopping the wood.

Comment

Yep...the talon explosion and CK chopping wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarrkazztic
        Yep...the talon explosion and CK chopping wood.
        Agreed. Effects were good this episode.

Comment

The sfx of the talon blowing up was cool, it was kinda sad though it was my fav set. I really liked the part with Lois,and how clark came speeding in to save her. It kinda reminded me of last season finale when Clark caught Lois after Zod pushed her. That was awesome!

Comment

Teleporting was nicely done- something not done in detail since Alicia

LETS SEE what we have this time-

YAY, BULLET TIME- or as SV producers refer to it- 'Clark Time"

The placement was odd- Clark moved so fast the explosion was slow(do you honestly know how fast this is guys? Explosion waveforms move a HELL of a lot faster than most think - physics knowledge) - yet the missile gets to Lois's apartment and strikes it- which would bean logically Clark didn't activate the speed till the misisle already hit ..

lol, i know the real answer- dramatic effect- and they cannot be bashed for attempting the rule of cool thing. In fact- they've used it far too rarely , actually, this season.

So I am HAPPY this is the first ACTUAL real superspeed/Clark Time this season, not counting Lazarus's funny version.

Explosion was well done

Effects on the truck flipping were well done.
            Other than that, i dont recall anythign special outside of some placed sound effects...

Oh, yes it does count= Clark using his powers for mundane tasks- the wood chopping and such was still cool. Gotta count all FX.

Overall- it was still fx light- but they're finally bringing out some more serious ones.

I do also remember the blur S shape on the wall was WELL DONE- compared to normal...

Oh, the Oil fire that Clark stopped earlier- looked realistic as well.

------------------------------------A SUPERSPEED ADDICT

Comment

The effect that looked odd to me was the line of sight angle of General Lane and Lucy as they looked up at the Talon explosion. It seemed odd that they would just be calmly looking up as their daughter/sister went up in flames. It seems there should have been more of an reaction shot of the Lanes. I know the actors are probably just looking at a green screen but geez, we are not supposed to get a sense of that. I think that bit was poorly directed. Everything else was cool but I'll be waiting to see when Clark can again stop a missle in mid-flight like he did in "Hidden". Now that would be something.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎