Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Ambush"

Talk about the episode's special effects here!

We have had solid sfx since supergirl hiccup. So I am sure we will get some good ones tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      We have had solid sfx since supergirl hiccup. So I am sure we will get some good ones tonight.

Comment

Lol I can see why you lol to ot. Should have said since supergirl the effects been good and its the only one that had some bad shots.

Comment

I liked the effects for when the Talon blew up... RIP

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
            I liked the effects for when the Talon blew up... RIP
            You could say it ... went out with a bang.

Comment

yea rip the talon and sfx for the scene was great. Solid sfx effects all around tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesis
                You could say it ... went out with a bang.

Comment

Yeah the effects were pretty solid tonight. I liked the introductory shot in the beginning for Flag and Warp that went through the van. That was neat. I also thought the destruction of the Talon and that Anti-Vigilante building both looked really nice.

Comment

yea sfx been great. Sucks supergirl one will be the bad mark so far this yr.

Comment

I thought it was solid too- I liked the explosion save slo-mo especially, and even the wood-chopping!

Comment

i dont think the wood chopping was really cgi stuff. i was probably a physical effect.

Comment

Gonna Miss the Talon

I had a feeling the Talon was gonna go...now Lois has a real excuse to shack up with "Smallville" :P

Comment

Flag and LaSalle teleporting away surprised me.

Comment

The explosion of the Talon with the slo-mo save was amazing. I also really liked the practical effect of Clark "chopping" the wood. They haven't done that sort of stuff in quite awhile, so it was nice to see.

Also, I won't miss the Talon. I've gotten so sick of it over the past few years, since it made zero sense for them to live there. I actually cheered when it exploded and blasted the sign off. I hope this means Lois will get an apartment in Metropolis. They could even use the Talon apartment set as it wouldn't be hard to modify. I don't think she and Clark should live together just yet.

I also wonder if they'll continue to us the coffee house part of the Talon set, as that has been continuously modified over the past year to be the club in "Roulette", that other club in "Charade", and most recently Club Desaad (is that how it's spelled?) in "Supergirl." We haven't actually seen that set as the Talon coffee house since S8.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎