Quotes from "Ambush"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lois to the General: "It doesn't matter! Because I love Clark. Everything you need to know about him is standing right in front of you. Talk to me. The only thing that matters is how I feel."

To me this was a very powerful line in which Lois expressed her unconditional love, admiration, and trust for Clark.

Comment

"by the rocket's red glare... the Flag was still there" !!!

Lois to the General: "It doesn't matter! Because I love Clark. Everything you need to know about him is standing right in front of you. Talk to me. The only thing that matters is how I feel."
      Beautiful & powerful.

Comment

Do we have the transcript of the General's List?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs_TomWelling
          Do we have the transcript of the General's List?
          General Lane's List:

1. Chop & stack a cord of wood
          2. Repaint barn door
          3. Rotate tires on truck
          4. Clean stables
          5. Fresh gravel on driveway
          6. Put up storm windows
          7. Clean gutters
          8. Scrub pantry
          9. Iron all linen
          10. Wash windows
          11. Till garden
          12. Fix gate
          13. Reroof chicken coop
          14. Grease windmill
          15. Stack hay in barn
          16. Paint silo
          17. Scrub bathroom tile with toothbrush
          18. Recaulk shower
          19. Fix weathervane

From the desk of General S. Lane
          Last edited by CynDLou26; 11-06-2010, 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CynDLou26
            General Lane's List:

1. Chop & stack a cord of wood
            2. Repaint barn door
            3. Rotate tires on truck
            4. Clean stables
            5. Fresh gravel on driveway
            6. Put up storm windows
            7. Clean gutters
            8. Scrub pantry
            9. Iron all linen
            10. Wash windows
            11. Till garden
            12. Fix gate
            13. Reroof chicken coop
            14. Grease windmill
            15. Stack hay in barn
            16. Paint silo
            17. Scrub bathroom tile with toothbrush
            18. Recaulk shower
            19. Fix weathervane

From the desk of General S. Lane
            Ha,....You beat me to it :-)

Comment

Do we have the transcript of the General-clark first conversation in the barn?

Comment

General Sam, "I thought you said Clark was upstairs."

Lois, "He was upstairs... outside.."

Clark, "Checking the chimney."

Lois, "Thanks.."

Comment

Lois: Well, this has Lucy written all over it...in backstabbing *****-berry lip gloss.

Lucy: Lo, can we talk?
                  Lois: That depends. Can you form a sentence without lying to my face?

Clark: The girl's love you, sir. You're their hero.
                  General Lane: But I think Lois has got herself a brand-new hero now, huh?

Rick Flag: No more hiding in the shadows. That's a declaration of war. Go.

Comment

2 most powerful affirmations of Love I've ever heard

Originally posted by rachel1711
                    Clark to Gen Lane: "You may be right but you are wrong to think that we don't belong together. I love your daughter, and there isn't one day that goes by that I don't wanna be with her."
                    When I heard Clark say that to The General, I sat upright. I felt that this was the most powerful affirmation of love I could ever remember hearing. I didn't think I'd ever hear anything to top that.

And then, in the Talon when
                    The General: A couple of calls to the NSA and we'll find out what he's hiding.

Originally posted by CynDLou26
                    She continued...
                    "Now I appreciate that you like straight talk, and I will give it to you in one razor sharp line. I'm staying with Clark and if you love me you will respect that."

I felt like she topped it (or at least matched it).

You don't usually hear powerful expressions of love when the loved one is not in the room, which makes it even more powerful.

Probably doesn't fit the context of great quotes, but the way Lois delivered that line, her heart breaking on the one hand because for all she knew she was severing her relationship with her father, but her resolve, on the other hand, was so strong, there was no mistaking it.

Maybe not the most quotable lines of the show, but definitely the 2 most powerful ones.

To me.

Comment

Agreed Neo.

Originally posted by NeoAeon
                      When I heard Clark say that to The General, I sat upright. I felt that this was the most powerful affirmation of love I could ever remember hearing. I didn't think I'd ever hear anything to top that.

And then, in the Talon when
                      The General: A couple of calls to the NSA and we'll find out what he's hiding.

She continued...
                      "Now I appreciate that you like straight talk, and I will give it to you in one razor sharp line. I'm staying with Clark and if you love me you will respect that."

I felt like she topped it (or at least matched it).

You don't usually hear powerful expressions of love when the loved one is not in the room, which makes it even more powerful.

Probably doesn't fit the context of great quotes, but the way Lois delivered that line, her heart breaking on the one hand because for all she knew she was severing her relationship with her father, but her resolve, on the other hand, was so strong, there was no mistaking it.

Maybe not the most quotable lines of the show, but definitely the 2 most powerful ones.

To me.

Comment

I love all of this!

*hugs thread*

Comment

One of my faves is the Gen telling Clark "You gotta admit I kinda like her having her own private guardian angel", I thought that was funny an sweet because the Gen being all tough even realizes that having Clark as your plus one for life grants you one of the safest existences known to man

Comment

So, I re-watched one of the scenes between the General and Clark the other day, and I love when Clark called him "Sam" when he was angry instead of "Sir":

The General, after handing Clark the photos of him & Kara, "Ahh... you're in league with them ['vigilantes'], aren't you?"
                            Clark, "I'm not on trial, Sam."

Comment

Clark: So what are you in the mood for?
                              Lois: Oh I'm in the mood. Just not for breakfast.

Clark: Lois. The bedroom is upstairs.
                              Lois: Mmhm. But the porchswing- is out there.

Lois: It is important to me that my dad likes you.
                              Clark: And it's important to me that you're happy.

Clark: It's no wonder that Lois is too afraid to be herself around you.
                              General Sam: You question my relationship with my daugther?
                              Clark: You have been questioning me all day.
                              General Sam: It's my right to protect my family!
                              Clark: It may be your right! But you're wrong to think that we don't belong together. I love your daughter, and I don't want a day to go by where I'm not with her.

General Sam: I gotta admit that I like having her own private guardian angel.

General Sam: For years I've been giving her boyfriends an impossible list of chores to do. Not to test them.
                              Clark: To test Lois?
                              General Sam: These poor bastards I've put them through hell. Lois never said a thing. That's how I knew she didn't love them.
                              Clark smiles
                              Clark: About Lois and I- there's a question I was hoping to ask you.

Comment

My favorite line:

General Lane: "That's an order young lady.

Lois: "----------"

Nuthin but the sound of crickets

Oh yeah my other favorite Lane quote was
                                "mm...that is one great cup of coffee"

I love the way Ironsides delivered that line.
                                Makes me want a cup of coffee right now--but too close to bed time.
                                Last edited by KansasKitty; 11-09-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎