Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ambush" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I feel like I have to defend Lois. I didn't think she would need any, but seeing some posts here just baffles me how some people are seeing the whole situation as black and white. Some are saying that it's the writers' fault for Lois acting so poorly and weak. I have to disagree. Really? Think, people. There HAS to be at least ONE person in your life that gets under your skin like no other. ONE person that can change your mood from strong to weak in a matter of two seconds. And if you don't have one now, you MUST have had one early on in life.
    We have to remember that Lois is only in her mid 20s. She might be a very strong character who stands up to her rights, but there is ONE person that makes her shake in her boots. And that's her father.
    However, this was the day that Lois started to stand up to her father when it came to her love life and future. I have to give kudos to the writers cuz they brought up this touchy subject.
    Growing up, my mother had me and my sisters on our toes. It wasn't until I was 22 that I was able to start to let go of the control she had on me. It's difficult and it's NOT black and white. And takes yeeeeears to work through.
    Lois is human. She has faults. She's still young and working through them. Yes, she made a BIG mistake in this episode, but she's fixing them.

In regards to Lois not standing up to her father in front of Clark and her waiting until they were at the Talon, I don't think she did it for plot line reasons by the writers. I think she just needed to get her father away from Clark. She couldn't deal with her dad with Clark around. She's not strong enough for that yet.
    And with her allowing Lucy to stay: AGAIN, things aren't black and white. My sisters make mistakes and I fight with them unlike anyone else. They do things that I completely do not agree with--and I do things they don't agree with. Lois and Lucy have a bond. And even if Lucy does some *****y things, Lois still loves her. And she can't completely cut her off her life.

Life is complicated, is all I'm saying. And we still have next episode to see how Lois deals with the aftermath. I think her seeing a movie of her mom will help her character and her devotion and loyalty to Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adri1
      Alright, I feel like I have to defend Lois. I didn't think she would need any, but seeing some posts here just baffles me how some people are seeing the whole situation as black and white. Some are saying that it's the writers' fault for Lois acting so poorly and weak. I have to disagree. Really? Think, people. There HAS to be at least ONE person in your life that gets under your skin like no other. ONE person that can change your mood from strong to weak in a matter of two seconds. And if you don't have one now, you MUST have had one early on in life.
      We have to remember that Lois is only in her mid 20s. She might be a very strong character who stands up to her rights, but there is ONE person that makes her shake in her boots. And that's her father.
      However, this was the day that Lois started to stand up to her father when it came to her love life and future. I have to give kudos to the writers cuz they brought up this touchy subject.
      Growing up, my mother had me and my sisters on our toes. It wasn't until I was 22 that I was able to start to let go of the control she had on me. It's difficult and it's NOT black and white. And takes yeeeeears to work through.
      Lois is human. She has faults. She's still young and working through them. Yes, she made a BIG mistake in this episode, but she's fixing them.

In regards to Lois not standing up to her father in front of Clark and her waiting until they were at the Talon, I don't think she did it for plot line reasons by the writers. I think she just needed to get her father away from Clark. She couldn't deal with her dad with Clark around. She's not strong enough for that yet.
      And with her allowing Lucy to stay: AGAIN, things aren't black and white. My sisters make mistakes and I fight with them unlike anyone else. They do things that I completely do not agree with--and I do things they don't agree with. Lois and Lucy have a bond. And even if Lucy does some *****y things, Lois still loves her. And she can't completely cut her off her life.

Life is complicated, is all I'm saying. And we still have next episode to see how Lois deals with the aftermath. I think her seeing a movie of her mom will help her character and her devotion and loyalty to Clark.
      here, here... I completely agree.

Comment

• IT was very Good Episode and a funny one

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍