Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most romantic line Clark Kent has ever spoken...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackToTheLies
    What I meant was there was no real tension pushing Clark to say what he did to her.
    Why does there have to be tension? I think tension takes away from the moment being natural and genuine. I found it more romantic this way.

With that said, the moment didn't come out of no where. Last week he revealed his identity to Lois. This week we saw him at the beginning still filling her in on all the details of his heritage. Later in the episode we saw Clark explaining to Lois the effects that Kryptonite had on him and Lois revealing to Clark that she had been the one to save his life "Salvation."

It made sense to me that after all of THAT and after the reveal last week that after the craziness of the their experience in that town, that once these two finally got a moment of peace together that Clark would want to continue opening up, and what better way than by giving her his Kryptonian book?

And once he gave her that book, it seems perfectly natural for him to say something such as, "I want you to know me completely with no secrets, because you're the one...and always will be."

The past three weeks have been about love, secrets, and opening up. That is what has propelled these two characters further into their relationship in Homecoming/Isis/Harvest.

So I don't understand why there needs to be tension for this scene to work. IMO, adding tension of some kind (aka some urgency in his needing to say that to her because of some external event) would have taken away from the moment and it wouldn't have been as romantic or heartfelt.

The way it was written here, it was very natural, genuine, and extremely romantic. They were words that came from Clark not because he had to but because he felt them.

Comment

I think that was the most romantic lines he's ever said to anyone

But I liked that there was no tension pushing him.

He said that to her because he meant it, not because of some huge life altering moment or anything.

I like that that moment didn't have that drama, because Clois don't need it IMO.
      QFT

Why does there have to be tension? I think tension takes away from the moment being natural and genuine. I found it more romantic this way.
      I agree and if there was, people would be saying it was too much like Clana. It can't be both ways....

Comment

For me, the line was romantic not because of what he said, but because he backed it up with an action - giving her the journal to keep. He wasn't BSing when he said it, or just falling too quickly, as he's usually apted to do when it comes to being in love. (Though I don't know how quick you can call a relationship that consisted of him dating the girl in question for about a year before telling her he loves her). That action from him completely backed up the words he was saying.

Because Clark has talked before about such things, but we've rarely see him just act. Here, he acted. He wants her to know everything about him, to understand him completely, and so he gave her the journal that has helped him in trying to understand himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
          I have to agree that the line was one of the most romantic lines that the show has ever had. It is definitely the most romantic line Clark has ever said to anyone on show. I smiled when I heard him say those words to Lois. I am a guy too and if it was cheesy I definitely would have felt it. It was well done in my opinion.
          I agree my man it was definitely the most romantic line I've heard Clark say. It was nice to hear him be so at peace when he said that.

Originally posted by kelly1142
          But I liked that there was no tension pushing him.

He said that to her because he meant it, not because of some huge life altering moment or anything.

I like that that moment didn't have that drama, because Clois don't need it IMO.
          BINGO. He wasn't saying that because of some dire situation, their was no angst or drama it was just out of the goodness of his heart, his love, that bond, just a peaceful moment with the woman he loves that spurred that moment. It was really touching I might say.

Originally posted by morrigan01
          For me, the line was romantic not because of what he said, but because he backed it up with an action - giving her the journal to keep. He wasn't BSing when he said it, or just falling too quickly, as he's usually apted to do when it comes to being in love. (Though I don't know how quick you can call a relationship that consisted of him dating the girl in question for about a year before telling her he loves her). That action from him completely backed up the words he was saying.

Because Clark has talked before about such things, but we've rarely see him just act. Here, he acted. He wants her to know everything about him, to understand him completely, and so he gave her the journal that has helped him in trying to understand himself.
          Agreed.

Comment

I loved this line, I just love how he is opening up to Lois more now and I loved that he meant this sincerely and he said it because he wanted to, not because he needed too. I also loved that he said this just after giving her his kryptonian journal. He really is showing how special she is to him this season!

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
              "I want you to know me completely with no secrets, 'cause you're the one...and always will be."

The way he said this line as he gazed into her eyes was just so full of emotion. I just LOVE this line. It really got to me. *sighs*
              I felt exactly the same.

It actually full on reminded me of the line I consider the sweetest line from any movie ever (thought it's such a weird one i'm sure i'm alone in that).

From Peter Pan:

Wendy: (About to give him the hidden kiss) This is yours... and always will be'

Comment

I understand both points of view.

It was the most romantic line of the show. Mr Welling delivered in his classic style, understated but powerful.

I also look forward to the banter and tension. The sexual tension, the tension as they define the boundaries and rules of their relationship will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Otisburg27921

It was the most romantic line of the show. Mr Welling delivered in his classic style, understated but powerful.

I also look forward to the banter and tension. The sexual tension, the tension as they define the boundaries and rules of their relationship will be fun.
                  I love the way you describe Tom Welling's delivery on this show as "understated but powerful." That is so true . That's actually exactly the way I would describe his Clark Kent. Humble but strong at the same time.

I look forward to the banter and tension as well. I feel like I get both in this relationship. I really appreciate moments like in this episode where all their walls are down and we really see the intimacy but I also really appreciate how fun they are as a couple and how well they tease/play off each other.

Comment

Definitely the most romantic line on SV from Clark to Lois to date. It was perfect and so well delivered by TW . This whole scene was amazing! LOVED IT.

It is one of the most defining lines to date and finally FINALLY Clark tells Lois (he has in a sense before but not so perfectly put as this line) that she is the one for him!!! -squees-

Comment

I definitely agree that giving the book was a big romantic gesture. It spoke volumes. That kind of illustrates what I mean by Clois being about doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                        For me, what he said at the end of this episode is a tie between what he said last week about wanting to "share a life together" and that there was "no one else I'd rather take that leap with."

The last two weeks have, in my opinion, presented the most emotionally mature and romantic Clark Kent I've ever seen on this show. He knows what he wants. He's going after it with honesty and sincerity. I love it.
                        That's how I feel about it. He's finally realized that holding back in his relationship with Lois is gonna do more harm then it'll ever do good, and even though becoming fully invested is a huge risk for a few different reasons, he knows he and Lois are strong enough to take it on together and the reward is far greater than the risk. So, I love that he's saying what he means and meaning what he says and that he's not afraid sharing everything with Lois and that its something he wants to do.

Comment

A sweet yet powerful statement from Clark. I love how their relationship is developing,playful,passionate AND romantic!

Comment

This line + "I died when you left"

Comment

Originally posted by Otisburg27921

I definitely love the way he said it. He paused and made sure that she heard him. He wanted her to know that he meant what he was saying and that he had thought about it. It wasn't just said in the heat of the moment or with nothing real to back it up. Clark has shown over the past few episodes with words and actions - setting up the dance in the barn, giving her the journal, etc. that he has fully committed himself to Lois. It's a beautiful thing!

I love that he apologized for being over-protective after that huge mess she got into... he's just Super sweet

Comment

Completely agree Mary Ellen. It wasn't just the line, but the way he said it, and his actions...and the follow through. "I want you to know me completely, with no secrets." ~gah~ Just amazing.

And the rest: "'Cause you're the one. And you always will be." It was beautiful on so many levels. One of my favorite lines from this episode, from this series, from television. It's why it's in my custom text.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎