Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is blue Kryptonite radient? or a contact only? make up your mind writers!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned in another thread, I was confused by the fact that Clark could even partially superspeed amongst that crowd of people considering he was rendered without powers in their presence before. I understand that they have been drinking the Blue K infused water all their life, and that's what caused him to be weak around them initially, but I don't understand why Blue K had less effect later aside from the molten blue k.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
      but I don't understand why Blue K had less effect later aside from the molten blue k.
      For the same reason that Clark stumbles feets away from Lana in the pilot because of her necklace and later in the same episode has to actually see it around Whitney's neck before losing his powers.

Comment

I Dont think clark was super speeding through the crowd at all. he looked like he running normally to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          For the same reason that Clark stumbles feets away from Lana in the pilot because of her necklace and later in the same episode has to actually see it around Whitney's neck before losing his powers.
          Bending the rules for the purpose of that moment in story/plot?

Comment

well i've left consistancy out of this program. seriously the show is about a guy who can run at the speed of sound, shoot fire out his eyes or can literally blow a roof off a building and see through walls. still waiting on the flying thing.

i learnt that about 5 seasons ago when i started to think this was a little over the top at times

Comment

Clark seemed to be speeding after he came back from the grave. So why did he not just speed away with Lois instead of taking the molten BlueK? Probably just to make it more dramatic. And it was an occasion to torture Clark again. Slicing into his gut was not enough, I guess. Even if he was not fully powered he looked strong enough to carry Lois away fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMophilus
                Clark seemed to be speeding after he came back from the grave.
                He did not superspeed (at least not fully). People were still moving and there was no blur motion behind him.

Comment

After 9 years of a very antagonistic relationship with continuity, the writers are suddenly going to start caring about continuity?

When that meteor shower hit Kansas, the landscape was pockmarked by plotholes. I am at peace with that. Otherwise, I'd have trouble enjoying the show. As someone else observed, they only needed to have Clark drink the lemonade for a simpler temporary loss of powers and quick recovery (and a callback to Devoted from season 4 with the Gatorade/love potion).

Comment

Originally posted by FanoftheMan
                    Yeah, OP, the big problem for the Contact vs. AOE (Area of Effect.. WoW dork here) principle of the Blue K is what has been done in the past.

In S9 finale... the Blue K Dagger harmed Clark and he basically sacrificed himself to rid the worl of Zod. But the Blue K dagger was prevelent the entire fight. But no loss of powers due to AOE.. only direct impact on him from the stabbing / slicing of the dagger.

Also.. if the Blue K Daggger was deep in his chest, and the Blue K removes all Clark's powers.. shouldn't he have "splattered" all over the pavement when he hit?

Now to tonight's show. I did not see any instance of DIRECT contamination or contact to Clark via the Blue K. Only the AOE effect was implied.

Maybe the principle (one Smallville may wish to implement) is the effects of ingestion of Blue K provides some radiactive principle of the Blue K via the host.. the ingestee.

I don't know.
                    For S 9, i was under the impression that it was a vicinity thing or AOE. Cause Clark had to look down to see he wasn't ascending along with the others and found out that zod had the dagger close by. This was why I thought Clark purposely fell off of the DP; to get Zod out of range of the Blue K. (Pardon me if I'm wrong here :S But the continuity of the show is lacking a little xD, but tbh i really don't mind if they change it to suit the story or the show in general better. IE in the first season, Clark was literally collapsing at the green K (he gets stronger as the seasons go by? :S and now, he still has a really hard time with Green K. YET, in season 4 when Clark's trying to make the football games an even match, he carries a small shard of Green K. He's holding up okay, ie not collapsing lol.

I'm prob wrong somewhere here lol, just expressing my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by melk
                      This was why I thought Clark purposely fell off of the DP; to get Zod out of range of the Blue K.
                      That was my impression as well. Clark outsmarted Zod just as he did in Zod. For a fleeting second Zod felt as if he had won only to discover that Clark's apparent defeat was just a ploy (in Zod he bowed before him and allowed him to take his hand, in Salvation he purposefully rammed the dagger into his guts and fell from the roof so that Zod would be beamed away).

Comment

Blue Kryptonite

At the end of the scene, how was Clark able to heal is wounds when he was exposed to blue kryptonite all around him?

Comment

Good question. When he was in the house away from people he had no powers but with people all around he both burnt and healed his back. hummmmm me thinks they could have made a more believable plot

Comment

I thought maybe it was yellow kryptonite since the ground had a yellow light when Clark was buried, but I checked out yellow kryptonite and that is not what yellow does.

Comment

It's the healing power of the sun the makes him stronger. And the sun is one big ball of fire.

So when the flames hit him the blue kryptonite weakened him while the same flames made him stronger. It's like a battle of bacteria and white T cells in your body when you fight an infection. In the end the flames won, the blue kryptonite was neutralized and as soon as the villagers backed off, he could heal.

Comment

people drank the Blue Kryptonite and so they were full of it and when Clark was near them he didn't have any powers and when Lois was yelling at them at the end they all stepped back and more they did the more his powers worked i thought it was a little clever what the writers did

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎