Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is blue Kryptonite radient? or a contact only? make up your mind writers!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is blue Kryptonite radient? or a contact only? make up your mind writers!

One minute its a magic bracelet that had to make direct contact with a kryptonian's skin to depower them.

The next time its just a radiant piece of kryptonite like any other color.

IF people drinking blue k water just made them "objects" that could depower him when close then why in the heck did he cut his hand at the first? That lil girl wasnt around when he came back.

Furthermore why in the heck did he get a spare tire out the trunk to change the flat and we hear him do "something" then they dont drive away?

And what now? A whole freakin village of people that can kill clark just by standing close and shooting him? rofl He needs to nuke this site from orbit with his heat vision.

I "thought" Alia was a plothole.....Wow I had no idea.

Much of the kryptonite logic on this show sort of falls into the category of "Don't think about it too hard; don't compare it to other episodes too much."

The green is definitely vicinity affecting.

The black appears to be to vicinity affecting (Lex was nearby) and contact affecting.

Silver is definitely contact.

Blue appears to be both.

However you want to reason that out is up to you.

Comment

All kryptonite logic is run by plot device~!

Comment

Originally posted by denizenzero
        Much of the kryptonite logic on this show sort of falls into the category of "Don't think about it too hard; don't compare it to other episodes too much."

The green is definitely vicinity affecting.

The black appears to be to vicinity affecting (Lex was nearby) and contact affecting.

Silver is definitely contact.

Blue appears to be both.

However you want to reason that out is up to you.

Yep this is it!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Smallville_newbiegirl
        All kryptonite logic is run by plot device~!

lol This is true and tonight was a really good example. HOWEVER all they would have had to do was have him drink the lemonade. Instant depowering for a few hours anyway till it was out his system.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Also how did he superspeed through a CROWD of blue k drinking people YET he cuts his hand when no one was around for this effect?

Harvest has my vote for plot hole smallville eppy of all time!
        Last edited by Ressurrector; 10-29-2010, 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Ressurrector
          IF people drinking blue k water just made them "objects" that could depower him when close then why in the heck did he cut his hand at the first? That lil girl wasnt around when he came back.
          It was the police officer, who was really a Blue K-infected townsperson in disguise.

Furthermore why in the heck did he get a spare tire out the trunk to change the flat and we hear him do "something" then they dont drive away?
          They got two flat tires, and there was only one spare. Clark went to the mechanic shop up the road to get another tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
            It was the police officer, who was really a Blue K-infected townsperson in disguise.

They got two flat tires, and there was only one spare. Clark went to the mechanic shop up the road to get another tire.

Ok thx for clearing that up man! Still dont see how the cop got him though since he cut his hand before he ever got out the car.

And now superspeed and absorbing fire at the end in a crowd of blue k infested people?

Comment

I agree about the differing effects of kryptonite, but I just start to accept things like that. ... However, an explanation can be given. If the people have been drinking it as a part of their water for so long and their bodies have basically become infected with it, it would make sense that a bit of it would be released through the pores of their skin and into the air, which Clark would come in contact with. ... I doubt the writer's thought of anything like that, but that's what I'm going for. Don't ask me to explain the Blue-K knife from last season, though.

With the fire, he didn't absorb it. It scorched his back, we could see the burn. It wasn't until after the crowd had backed away out of range that his wound started to heal. And again, with the super speed, Lois had gotten the crowd to back up far enough away so Clark to zip them out of there.

What I don't get is why Blue-K would make their crops bountiful and keep them all healthy, but... whatever. It made me think that it'd be good to use that in mass quantity to help people around the world. But I guess that wouldn't be a good thing for Clark...

Oh, and the cop spoke up right after Clark cut his hand, so he had obviously been walking up and when he came into range is when Clark was affected and cut his hand.
              Last edited by Nerf; 10-29-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

One minute its a magic bracelet that had to make direct contact with a kryptonian's skin to depower them.

The next time its just a radiant piece of kryptonite like any other color.

And what now? A whole freakin village of people that can kill clark just by standing close and shooting him? rofl He needs to nuke this site from orbit with his heat vision.

I "thought" Alia was a plothole.....Wow I had no idea.
                Clark cut his hand because the sheriff was in the vecinity.
                I'm just thinking, What the hell happened to Clark that he healed so quickly? I mean, when I saw that yellow light I thought "Gold K?" no, it was just Clark's body healing... but how did he super-speed in between the people and resist the blue fire burning him?

Comment

Originally posted by AntiRellik
                  but how did he super-speed in between the people and resist the blue fire burning him?
                  This is a good question. It sure did look like he used super speed when he ran between the crowd and saved Lois.

Comment

Yeah, OP, the big problem for the Contact vs. AOE (Area of Effect.. WoW dork here) principle of the Blue K is what has been done in the past.

In S9 finale... the Blue K Dagger harmed Clark and he basically sacrificed himself to rid the worl of Zod. But the Blue K dagger was prevelent the entire fight. But no loss of powers due to AOE.. only direct impact on him from the stabbing / slicing of the dagger.

Also.. if the Blue K Daggger was deep in his chest, and the Blue K removes all Clark's powers.. shouldn't he have "splattered" all over the pavement when he hit?

Now to tonight's show. I did not see any instance of DIRECT contamination or contact to Clark via the Blue K. Only the AOE effect was implied.

Maybe the principle (one Smallville may wish to implement) is the effects of ingestion of Blue K provides some radiactive principle of the Blue K via the host.. the ingestee.

I don't know.

Comment

His running towards Lois was only partial superspeed. It was fast because you could see his movement in comparison to the blue fire falling. But not fast enough to have his blur motion FX.

About the silver kryptonite: Is there such a thing at all? I mean, it was just a rock and the silver stuff was part of Brainiac.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by FanoftheMan
                      In S9 finale... the Blue K Dagger harmed Clark and he basically sacrificed himself to rid the worl of Zod. But the Blue K dagger was prevelent the entire fight. But no loss of powers due to AOE.. only direct impact on him from the stabbing / slicing of the dagger.
                      That's not entirely true. Before they started fighting Zod taunted him that he would have to fight like a human. And compare his power punch from when he rescued Lois 5 minutes before to his uppercut when he unhinged Zod in the crow's nest.

In the end the effect of (blue) Kryptonite is no different than the distance between Smallville and Metropolis.
                      Last edited by DJ Doena; 10-30-2010, 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by FanoftheMan
                        Yeah, OP, the big problem for the Contact vs. AOE (Area of Effect.. WoW dork here) principle of the Blue K is what has been done in the past.

Also.. if the Blue K Daggger was deep in his chest, and the Blue K removes all Clark's powers.. shouldn't he have "splattered" all over the pavement when he hit?

Now to tonight's show. I did not see any instance of DIRECT contamination or contact to Clark via the Blue K. Only the AOE effect was implied.

Maybe the principle (one Smallville may wish to implement) is the effects of ingestion of Blue K provides some radiactive principle of the Blue K via the host.. the ingestee.

I don't know.
                        Well, I like to think that since Clark is Kryptonian, his body without powers is still a lot more resistant than a humans...
                        The SV crew could also have opted to not make it a bloody mess.

Comment

At this point I think most has been explained except the lack of a "sacrificing level" fire to kill Clark. Especially if it was molten blue K (however I have never known K to exist in a molten state) like someone put it. Didnt it make the lil kryptonite humming sound that all K makes on screen?

Comment

(however I have never known K to exist in a molten state)
                            Green K was molten several times during SV. In that ep where the older Home Improvement brother stole the truck from Lionel and inhaled the stuff and also when Van McNulty made bullets out of it in Extinction.

And I guess the kryptonite arsenal weapons (blades, arrow heads) were also made this way.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                              Green K was molten several times during SV. In that ep where the older Home Improvement brother stole the truck from Lionel and inhaled the stuff and also when Van McNulty made bullets out of it in Extinction.

And I guess the kryptonite arsenal weapons (blades, arrow heads) were also made this way.

Ahh yeah thats right.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎