No announcement yet.

Did Tess do the right option?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Tess do the right option?

She was fighting alexander nurture vs nature theory of being lex clone genetic predispositions. Trying to provide him a good normal childhood and motherly love.

I think she really did want the situration to work and don't know why people say she gave up so easily.

I agree she tried in her own way. Because of the rapid growth, she's really wasting her time. She's a smart gal by letting nature take it's course so she can do what she does best ...kill kill killl and cover up

Comment

it was a good idea in theory if lex is raised differently he would grow into a different man. but his dna is evil through and through so he would ultimately turn evil.

Comment

It's seems to be more nature than nuture...Clone or no clone Lex will always revert to the dark side. That was a bit creepy when you see him shaving his hair and he gives us that sinister smirk.

Comment

I really think Tess tried to make Alexander a better person. But in the end she realized she can't beat the inevitable.

Comment

It can't be argued as a case of nature vs. nurture if CloneLex has all the memories of LexPrime. Because then nurture is already embodied in him.

Tess didn't have a chance of a "clean slate"

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              It can't be argued as a case of nature vs. nurture if CloneLex has all the memories of LexPrime. Because then nurture is already embodied in him.

Agreed.

At first Alexander didn't seem to have memories of Lex Prime, so he had the chance of being the good person that Lex could have been if he had been raised by his mother rather than his father. Or maybe that nanny that Lionel scared away.

Unfortunately the genetic memory was too powerful, and so trying to remove that threat was the best option (if you accept that killing is an option in the first place, which Clark would never do of course).

The only thing that bothers me now (apart from how hiding MiniLex from the League is going to hurt her chances of redemption with Clark) is that if MiniLex knows Clark's identity then how can he become the clueless Lex that was running for president and battles Superman?

I hope they don't play the amnesia card, having only certain memories from the start would have been much better.

Comment

Did Tess do the right option?

For once in her life!!

Comment

Tess tried her best with him and loved him but he just tossed it back at her until she had no other option but to let him live out his life and die. She wasn't going to risk the world and Clark's secret for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena

That's true. Good point. This isn't just an ordinary boy.

Comment

What was the serum supposed to do, stop the accelerated growth? I'm not sure she should've thrown it away wouldn't you want to stop the possibility of him NOT dying and growing into Lex Luthor, who as an adult would be way harder to control.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                        What was the serum supposed to do, stop the accelerated growth? I'm not sure she should've thrown it away wouldn't you want to stop the possibility of him NOT dying and growing into Lex Luthor, who as an adult would be way harder to control.
                        Without the serum and with his growth rate, he'll be dead in six weeks. Just what Tess wants (right now).

Comment

Yeah but I'm saying what if he doesn't die and continues to grow into the Lex Luthor we all know. The serum (which stops the accelerated growth? )would've come to be good use.

Comment

^^^if the serum was used than it would have taken 10+yrs to for him to reach his evil adult Lex status. In those years Tess could have given him the opportunity to grow up to become a better person. Besides 10yrs later would he remember every little detail of his relationship with Clark; the biggies of course but, maybe his hatred for him would dissolve. Maybe she could have eliminated some if not all of the hatred for Clark by other means. But, she went with easy option as soon as he remembered who he truly was...let him die in several weeks instead sticking with it out with him.

Comment

I think she knew that there was no going back with Alexander, he called himself "Lex" after all, he's nature is evil and he will be evil 'till the day he dies (and gets cloned, again)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎