Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest- one of the worst fillers ever?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm going to say this: Reality is not a horror movie. Most of the time when you tell someone "I'll be right back" you do in fact come back. I've driven down unmarked dirt roads all the time, it's the only way to get to the good camping sites! I know I know, Lois doesn't live in reality... but she lives in a comic book not a horror movie, so we should give her a little leeway for not knowing the rules had changed for Halloween.

Comment

• Originally posted by borednow
      How about Farmer McMole man and the sudden December Heatwave of Subterranean? I mean yeah the blue-k might have been far fetched but at lest that put Clark in some danger...
      LOL! Aw I was doing such a good job of forgetting that this episode even existed!

Well I like the Chimmy scenes...

Comment

• If you put them back where they belong timeline wise it's very nice... but really, tunnelling farmer...

Comment

• Originally posted by bonoferox
          This really was one of their worst. And yes, the Lex scenes were too few and far between.
          Feel the same as you about it. This was the worst yet. Another thing - why is there so much Lois? It's more Lois than Clark. Instead of saving the world, all Clark seems to do is save Lois - he's not functioning on becoming "Superman" yet. He did more about becoming the "Man of Steel" back in the earlier episodes than in this one. Season 10 is really becoming boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffygirl
            Feel the same as you about it. This was the worst yet. Another thing - why is there so much Lois? It's more Lois than Clark. Instead of saving the world, all Clark seems to do is save Lois - he's not functioning on becoming "Superman" yet. He did more about becoming the "Man of Steel" back in the earlier episodes than in this one. Season 10 is really becoming boring.
            sadly....i agree :/

~K

Comment

• The episode was laughably bad. I couldn't help but keep thinking of that terrible Nick Cage movie that it was seemingly try to replicate. A blotch on what has otherwise been a good Season 10. Oh, and the whole progression of the Lex clone was clumsy and rushed.
              Last edited by LiquidSwords; 11-14-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• I actually thought this episode was great!!!

Comment

How about Farmer McMole man and the sudden December Heatwave of Subterranean? I mean yeah the blue-k might have been far fetched but at lest that put Clark in some danger...
                  As weird as that episode was...seriously it was like S1-2 all over again. I will have to give it props for Clark really inspiring the kid and investigating on the murders. His powers were present too. All this lacked in "Harvest" since it pretty much a give anything Lois-related will get Clark interested...

Also since S10 is the last season there's really no room for episodes like these that don't relate to the main plot other than thematically.

Comment

• Originally posted by disciples of zod
                    IMO the worst of the season, but there have been worse. MUCH worse...

~K

Please "Supergirl" was far worse than this episode... "Isis" was also not particularly fantastic (but it was saved by the final fantastic "reveal" scene)...

I think a lot of people just didn't understand some of the plot points of this episode (as the writing was somewhat confusing/explanations went by to quick to catch at first).

A.) I see a lot of comments about this episode asking how Clark was able to use his powers in the town... people seem to think the Blue K was in the ground, but it wasn't... The meteor rock landed in the abandoned section of town almost directly in the well... The town itself was not infected with Blue K, rather the water was and by extension the people who drank it (humans are 98% water)... At first we assumed it was the ground because we (the audience) didn't know that the highway patrol officer was in fact a towns person in disguise... it wasn't the ground that caused Clark to suddenly lose his powers... it was the fake highway patrol guy.

B.) I see people asking how he was able to "super speed" to save Lois near the end of the episode... He didn't!!!! He just ran like a normal person... It wasn't until Lois got the people to back up away from them with her fake televangelist speech that his powers were restored...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesley_Cramer
                      Please "Supergirl" was far worse than this episode... "Isis" was also not particularly fantastic (but it was saved by the final fantastic "reveal" scene)...

I think a lot of people just didn't understand some of the plot points of this episode (as the writing was somewhat confusing/explanations went by to quick to catch at first).

A.) I see a lot of comments about this episode asking how Clark was able to use his powers in the town... people seem to think the Blue K was in the ground, but it wasn't... The meteor rock landed in the abandoned section of town almost directly in the well... The town itself was not infected with Blue K, rather the water was and by extension the people who drank it (humans are 98% water)... At first we assumed it was the ground because we (the audience) didn't know that the highway patrol officer was in fact a towns person in disguise... it wasn't the ground that caused Clark to suddenly lose his powers... it was the fake highway patrol guy.

B.) I see people asking how he was able to "super speed" to save Lois near the end of the episode... He didn't!!!! He just ran like a normal person... It wasn't until Lois got the people to back up away from them with her fake televangelist speech that his powers were restored...
                      Thanks for this explanation and I picked up on this as well and for the most part agree with this premise. The only place where it falls a little short is when Clark & Lois are locked up alone in the minister's house. None of the townfolk are around and therefore why couldn't Clark have easily regained his powers and snapped the lock to the trap door? About the only thing that I can come up with is that perhaps because Lois drank the lemonade (assume made with contaminated water) and ate with the family that she had consumed a certain low-level of blue-K in her and was also effecting Clark?? And perhaps she had eliminated enough of it by the time of the final confrontation scene with the townfolk that she was no longer effecting Clark and they were able to spped away after Lois tricked the people in backing away from Clark??

Comment

THAT was the worst filler ever. It's so bad I always forget it exists

Comment

• Originally posted by bennyjr123
                          THAT was the worst filler ever. It's so bad I always forget it exists

Exploding baby was worse...

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by techtweeter
                          Thanks for this explanation and I picked up on this as well and for the most part agree with this premise. The only place where it falls a little short is when Clark & Lois are locked up alone in the minister's house. None of the townfolk are around and therefore why couldn't Clark have easily regained his powers and snapped the lock to the trap door? About the only thing that I can come up with is that perhaps because Lois drank the lemonade (assume made with contaminated water) and ate with the family that she had consumed a certain low-level of blue-K in her and was also effecting Clark?? And perhaps she had eliminated enough of it by the time of the final confrontation scene with the townfolk that she was no longer effecting Clark and they were able to spped away after Lois tricked the people in backing away from Clark??

I guess seeing Clark getting stabbed made Lois evacuate her bowels/pee her pants? hehehe! I agree the trap door scene was odd... unless there was water in the room (in pitchers and/or old style hand pumps with pipes in the walls)... but if it was just a pitcher of water, why not throw it out the window? I don't know...
                          Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-27-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I'm OK with PulpFiction/Biblical/Mormon references. I hated this episode nonetheless. I hate any episode where Clark has no powers(unless he gets into a good fist fight, like he did with Zod). It's Superman, right? What's the point of watching a Superman episode where he can't use his powers? If I wanted to watch a powerless Superman against an occult, then I might as well watch Supernatural. I still prefer it over a Jimmy Olsen filler, though.

Comment

• I rewatched this episode recently and I have to say I actually liked it better then I remember liking it the first time. In general I think I prefer simpler plots that are resolved by the end of the episode then ones that sort of tie to bigger stories

Comment

• i like it but not the best episode hell this is not even the best season that imo belongs to season 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎