Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Harvest?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a pretty good Halloween episode. Way better than that uber crap "Thirst." I loved Lois and Clark, I loved Tess and Little Lex, and the creepy villagers. The sex scene was SV's best. SV never does sex scenes. This is the second time Clark has saved Lois' life while weak. That's love right there.

Comment

• Weird episode, creepy too. I liked it.

Comment

• After a rewatch it's still an awful filler episode that has a plot which only works because the characters are stupid. Clark should have never left Lois behind. Clark was dead and buried, got back and should have died from the blue k that would burn to his back. All for plot convinience and a sentimental bullcrap save.

Comment

• I just re-watched this because I'm watching the season on DVD. Watching it minutes after the reveal at the end of Isis, I have to say, not seeing him tell Lois he's an alien onscreen is a much bigger deal than I originally thought. I don't care who you are, finding out your significant other is an alien is a huge deal. I guess the thing to be thankful for is that we didn't get stuck with a sappy line from Lois where she says it doesn't change how she feels...because I'm absolutely sure that's what we would have gotten.

Overall, I thought this was a decent episode. I just wish the logic with the blue kryptonite fire was existent. If the fire was going to kill Lois, it should have killed Clark. Period.

Oh, and I almost forgot - I didn't like the sex scene either. I know some people seem to delight in that, but I get no enjoyment whatsoever. Wasted screentime for me. And of all characters to see in a pointless sex scene, Superman/Clark is the last one I want to see. I felt the same way with Lana; the only good thing is that Lois is actually his future wife.
          Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• The Clark/Lois sex scene was beautiful, but the ending scene with the young Lex clone doing the signature older Lex Luthor smirk was classic! And I think it would've been better if was been behind the creepiness and darkness going on in the town.
            Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 01-27-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
              I have to say, not seeing him tell Lois he's an alien onscreen is a much bigger deal than I originally thought. I don't care who you are, finding out your significant other is an alien is a huge deal.

I just wish the logic with the blue kryptonite fire was existent. If the fire was going to kill Lois, it should have killed Clark. Period.

Oh, and I almost forgot - I didn't like the sex scene either. I know some people seem to delight in that, but I get no enjoyment whatsoever. Wasted screentime for me. And of all characters to see in a pointless sex scene, Superman/Clark is the last one I want to see. I felt the same way with Lana; the only good thing is that Lois is actually his future wife.
              Again, why this season sucked. The objective wasn't to turn Clark into Superman, it was to turn Clark into Hubbyman.

It wouldn't have been very romantic if after Clark's gesture he'd been burnt to death...and that's all SV cared about. The stakes were non-existant even when Clark got killed and buried the episode still didn't do nothing for me. That's really lame.

The sex scene didn't tell us anything about the characters we already didn't know about. Plus they already did the scene better in Pandora. Smallville teased better than it delivered. We got better Clark-is-an-alien- reveals, better proposals, better flight scenes before they actually happened for real...

Comment

• I really liked the Clark/Lois stuff and Mini Lex's signature smile to end the episode, but I think this was a episode where Darkseid's influence should've been felt in that town's people going darkside in their sacrifices. The lack of Darkseid influence is my only complain about the episode.

Comment

I liked the development of the Lex clone as his mannerisms because more and more familiar. The kid did a fine job playing the role and Cassidy did a great job of portraying Tess' desperation to be redeemed by trying to make Alexander a better, kinder version of Lex. Her fears are palpable as she comes to realise that Lex's true nature cannot be denied no matter how you try to clone him.

But this episode was always going to be Clois-centric. While I would've quite liked to see more discussion between the two about Clark's history and recapping all those moments where he has come to the rescue, we did at least see some addressing of the issue with the 20 Questions scene in the car. Clark also learned that it was Lois who saved his life when she removed the blue kryptonite dagger in Lazarus. That said, coming from a guy's perspective, the way Clark addressed the need for her to understand him was the right way to do it. "Here read this, it will answer all your questions. Meanwhile, you are the one and always will be. Now let's get it on!"

Mellow Lois is so cute. She wants to be mad at Clark for keeping her away from the VRA rally but she just can't get annoyed enough at him. The whole 20 Questions scene in the car shows her again being playful, as does her teasing about her knight in shining armour. Then there's her giggling when Clark shows off by changing the tyre with minimum effort. Lois realises she messed up and got them into a predicament with the townsfolk, and knows she needs Clark to rescue her so she's apologetic (yet still get some funny lines). The whole Pulp Fiction sermon is just brilliant as she gets so caught up in the moment it requires Clark to interject and bring her back on point.

Lois also does smouldering sexiness with ease, like when she takes the bobby pin out of her hair to pick the lock, and then the look she gives Clark when he caresses her face and tells her she's the one. Just smoking hot.

Plenty of fun and significant moments in this one.
                  Last edited by Bally; 03-15-2016, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Nice bit of foreshadowing with Alexander's remark about how there is so much about Tess, that she doesn't know. Not only does it hint towards the revelations about Tess, in "Abandoned", but makes it clear that Lex knows this. So, the real Lex's statement about having known about Tess being his sister, from the start, doesn't just come out of nowhere.

This was the episode after Clark told Lois about himself, so its nice that they open the episode with her asking questions about their past experiences. She's past most of it (having spent much of "Shield" obsessing about it), but still have some gaps to fill in.

Glad to see the callbacks for Pete Dinsmore and Emily Dinsmore. Nice little touches, that shows us that they haven't forgotten past characters. Especially, when they introduced something as major as cloning. All the cloning we've seen on the show (and any potential cloning that will happen in the future) all traces their origins to Pete Dinsmore's attempts to clone his daughter.

A minor detail, that I really like about this episode, is that they establish that not all Kryptonite, that came to Earth in 1989, ended up in Smallville. The show got a lot of mileage out of the 1989 meteor shower. Unfortunately, it also serves to connect Superman to the town of Smallville. Thankfully, between this revelation and the 2005 meteor shower, there is a much larger area to look for the young Superman. Yes, Smallville was the area most affected by the 1989 meteor shower, but meteors fell down over much of the state (if not multiple states), meaning Superman could've landed anywhere where the meteors hit. And how can you prove that Superman arrived in the first meteor shower and not the second?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎