Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Harvest"

Talk about the special effects from the episode here!

the super save and the effects of blue kryptonite were pretty good.

Comment

Clark used his powers 5 times in the whole episode, I think.

- Clark super-speeds at the very beginning
      - Clark super-speeds with Lois
      - Clark heals after he was stabbed and burried under-ground
      - Clark heals after the blue kryptonite water burns him
      - Clark holds the car up & uses his super-strength to do that

Comment

Very effects light episode really. But I'm not complaining. The story didn't really call for anything too huge. And that could help save money for effects for future episodes. But the effects they did do were very nice.
        Last edited by Bizarro345; 10-30-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Yep, not an episode with many effects, but the story didn't need them. As said, the ones they did do looked nice. For awhile now we usually only get a close up on Clark's face with him zipping off-screen, or just the sound effect. I really enjoyed the full shot we got at the beginning of the episode after he came back from the mechanic. It was quick, but well done. Same with later when he and Lois sped out of the town.

The blue fire looked really cool as well. And I don't know if they went with CG or make-up with Clark's burn on his back, but that looked really well done (and painful) too.

As I've said before, I don't mind a lack of special effects if the story is good. And, for the most part, the story was a good one here. Besides, Turi and his director of photography did an amazing job; the episode looked beautiful. Being on location really breathed life into the episode and they did a great job at making it look wonderful.

Comment

I really liked how they showed the clouds and the sun move in the sky to emphasize time elapsing. The rest of the effects were good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zac Reynolds
              I really liked how they showed the clouds and the sun move in the sky to emphasize time elapsing. The rest of the effects were good too.
              I agree.

Comment

When Clark ran to stop the blue K fire from falling on Lois was he superspeeding? Because I couldn't tell.

They didn't show any ripples like they usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                  When Clark ran to stop the blue K fire from falling on Lois was he superspeeding? Because I couldn't tell.

They didn't show any ripples like they usually do.
                  It wasn't superspeed. People were turning around as he passed through.

Comment

everything i'd ormally say has been covered-

the blue fire- it might NOT have been K nite fire- but i dont care really

yea- i - after being a addict of it, know when there's superspeed- and he didnt use it to make the saving jump
                    only to carry lois away

at least he survived the fire....gotta give him some resistance credit....so we dont go back to him getting beat up by everyone and their grandmother 100% of the time

/rant
                    as for the FX -fire was nice- his regen was nice..
                    superstrength was slightly cheesy when he lifted the car, but eh

oh, speeding back from the town - not bad- though it seemed a bit shaky..

the blue knite- not bad...

the wounds...eh, fair enough...

very light on FX.....

my opinion? Too much knite(plot device to make clark look bad :P XD ) too little FX
                    my real Opinion? it didnt need to many effects(using the oh so common plot device to minimize powers usage so no FX) XD, because the story was not bad- but it really is quite plot dependent.

Not bad

Oh, since it DOES count as a effect- when he made the saving jump that wasn't superspeed- but that was over cranking or them using a light version of their slowmo stuff...yea, no blurs or anything- plus people were watching him-
                    it didnt confuse me, but i thought the impact is lessened a bit- using that for dramatic effect as opposed to showing raw power..

i dont know...

Not bad FX. if nothing else- they are keeping the knite looking realistic with it's glow- though Blue K has looked odd ,

Comment

Originally posted by Zac Reynolds
                      I totally agree! Louis Febre also did a fantastic score in this episode, the sky moving to emphasize time elapsing and what Louis composed for that part made it a really beautiful moment!

Comment

Originally posted by AntiRellik
                        I totally agree! Louis Febre also did a fantastic score in this episode, the sky moving to emphasize time elapsing and what Louis composed for that part made it a really beautiful moment!
                        My thoughts exactly! Louis Febre's work is always incredible. He had really creepy themes for the village scenes in the episode too. I'm still dying for him to release a score cd!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎