#6.12 "Like A Virgin"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Marcus, I was just gonna post that =P

Comment

At least we know Sam isn't out during the entire episode, as he will be a part of the dragon hunt.
      Last edited by Anno_Domini; 01-24-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        She says "handcuff me", lol. And she's either the main spider-woman, or maybe a "helper" or something that tries to lay eggs inside Sam.
        Hmmm a humanish black widow, lol! Sounds kinda cool, really! They've done everything else... why not?

Comment

5 Reasons to watch "Like a Virgin" - Spoiler Warning

1. Meet the next Big Bad. While the focus of Season 6 thus far has been retrieving Sam's soul, Friday's episode introduces viewers to a new villain who is, dare we say it, more formidable than those who have come before. Lucifer was scary mostly because of his name and the history around it, but when you find out how the next foe is released, there will be no "Sympathy for the Devil" involved.

2. Rise and shine, Sam Winchester. We won't tell you exactly what condition Sam is in when he eventually wakes up from Death's little procedure, but he does wake up - and that Great Wall in his head may not be as durable as Dean had hoped. As Castiel says in the ominous preview clip below, Sam's soul has more or less been skinned alive, so a bumpy landing is to be expected. We've already said that we think Jared Padalecki has upped his acting game this season. We're still impressed, now that soul has met body.

3. Virgins in a cage. Enough of the touchy feely crap! Winchester family trouble has never given the creepy-crawlies pause, so far be it from the bad guys to stop being bad guys long enough for Dean to figure out how to approach Sam's new condition. The episode has all of the B-movie horror goodness we've come to crave from "Supernatural" - seriously, virgins in a cage - plus an original twist on a timeless legend. (Basically, the coolest dragon ever.)

4. Remember Season 2? We've gotten so used to the Winchester brothers lying to each other for episodes on end that we had to pick our jaws up off the floor during a particularly refreshing moment of honesty. The Zap2it staffers in the office all agreed that it felt like Season 2. Sam and Dean appear to be on the same page -- at least momentarily.

5. You will laugh out loud. The physical comedy that Jensen Ackles is so darn good at reaches a high point in this episode (not to say that he doesn't tug on our heartstrings as well) -- as do the one-liners and pop-culture references that prevent the show from getting too dark and dreary. (Let's just say we hadn't pegged Bobby for a "Harry Potter" fan, but apparently he really does read everything.)

Comment

Nice!! Thanks for posting, Marcus! I'm really excited for this episode!

Comment

I am most excited to see the next Big Bad.

A new demon?

A Pagan God?

Comment

Bring on the classic rock!!!

The Road So Far

One of my complaints about the season 6 premiere was the lack of a "Road So Far" montage set to a classic rock song. Luckily the show brings it back to remind you of everything that's happened so far this year, and it's quite exciting.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that it'll be Aerosmith playing in the previously montage.

Comment

This episode introduces a new character, a sassy female medieval expert who has a past with Bobby Singer.

We all know that Dean is a champion, so it makes sense that he should have a giant sword. In this episode he gets the opportunity to get one and the result is quite possibly the funniest scene Jensen Ackles has ever done. Seems like this sword is the dragon slaying weapon mentioned in the OD.

Comment

Oh man I wonder how the sword is gonna look like Man, I can't wait for this episode!

Thanks for posting this, Marcus!

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                        This episode introduces a new character, a sassy female medieval expert who has a past with Bobby Singer.

We all know that Dean is a champion, so it makes sense that he should have a giant sword. In this episode he gets the opportunity to get one and the result is quite possibly the funniest scene Jensen Ackles has ever done. Seems like this sword is the dragon slaying weapon mentioned in the OD.
                        Her name is Dr. Viziak I believe.

And she may be a recurring guest. We shall see though. I mean, heck, Kripke wanted Gordon to be a big-time player, but he only was in four episodes.

Originally posted by Anu
                        Oh man I wonder how the sword is gonna look like Man, I can't wait for this episode!

Thanks for posting this, Marcus!
                        There are pictures of what the sword/dagger looks like. KSiteTV may have a picture of it with this episode's promo pics. If not, then here's a hint: it's like a giant sai.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                          1. Meet the next Big Bad. While the focus of Season 6 thus far has been retrieving Sam's soul, Friday's episode introduces viewers to a new villain who is, dare we say it, more formidable than those who have come before. Lucifer was scary mostly because of his name and the history around it, but when you find out how the next foe is released, there will be no "Sympathy for the Devil" involved.

2. Rise and shine, Sam Winchester. We won't tell you exactly what condition Sam is in when he eventually wakes up from Death's little procedure, but he does wake up - and that Great Wall in his head may not be as durable as Dean had hoped. As Castiel says in the ominous preview clip below, Sam's soul has more or less been skinned alive, so a bumpy landing is to be expected. We've already said that we think Jared Padalecki has upped his acting game this season. We're still impressed, now that soul has met body.

3. Virgins in a cage. Enough of the touchy feely crap! Winchester family trouble has never given the creepy-crawlies pause, so far be it from the bad guys to stop being bad guys long enough for Dean to figure out how to approach Sam's new condition. The episode has all of the B-movie horror goodness we've come to crave from "Supernatural" - seriously, virgins in a cage - plus an original twist on a timeless legend. (Basically, the coolest dragon ever.)

4. Remember Season 2? We've gotten so used to the Winchester brothers lying to each other for episodes on end that we had to pick our jaws up off the floor during a particularly refreshing moment of honesty. The Zap2it staffers in the office all agreed that it felt like Season 2. Sam and Dean appear to be on the same page -- at least momentarily.

5. You will laugh out loud. The physical comedy that Jensen Ackles is so darn good at reaches a high point in this episode (not to say that he doesn't tug on our heartstrings as well) -- as do the one-liners and pop-culture references that prevent the show from getting too dark and dreary. (Let's just say we hadn't pegged Bobby for a "Harry Potter" fan, but apparently he really does read everything.)
                          Great info! I've dying to know who the next villian is! I guess I'll retract my theory about Crowley coming back from purgatory Who could be more formidable than Lucifer though?! There is only one known character that is and I doubt its him. He was in the last episode aired...
                          Last edited by sino8r; 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Azazel will always be my favorite bad guy on the show. None of the others have come close to his level in my opinion.

Please let it be a demon.

Comment

Well....too bad the CW won't be airing this tomorrow! In Bobby-speak...."igits"

Comment

The CW blow massive chunks.

And I won't even be in town to watch any Supernatural next Friday.

Stupid Dawn Hoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎