Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6.12 "Like A Virgin"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, I think Dawn DOESN'T want Supernatural to succeed or get less viewers than it already has. Supernatural and Smallville aren't from CW, they're from WB and with this being Smallville's final season, Supernatural will be left. Sure, CW may renew the shows, but that doesn't mean Dawn is a huge fan of them. She loves VD, Nikita, GG and 90210.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CW shows repeats of 90210 and GG next Friday.

Comment

Ahhh.. WTF? Where was Supernatural and why was VD and last nights Nikita on instead...

Comment

There's no surprise she's got something against Supernatural, why someone would be against the only well-written show on the network is beyond me, probably because of the fact that it's different from the other crap and not in line with the network's "theme". I mean after all, Dawn calls CW the home of 9021-do'h and Gossip Girl...

Comment

Trying to stay neutral here, but Dawn doesn't care for Supernatural because it gets poor ratings.

It has had the network's two strongest lead ins with The Vampire Diaries and Smallville, and the ratings drop off from the shows is pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
            Trying to stay neutral here, but Dawn doesn't care for Supernatural because it gets poor ratings.

It has had the network's two strongest lead ins with The Vampire Diaries and Smallville, and the ratings drop off from the shows is pretty big.
            Supernatural has had the same ratings it always had since "Wendigo". And, the viewership isn't a lot just because it doesn't bend over for CW to look like every other series it has(and yes, when it comes to Smallville even, you can get slight notations of how CW is bossing the series around), imo. Just to be neutral here, lol.

Comment

I completely agree with you, Anno.

Comment

I'm personally really ticked off and even though I actually watched TVD again after swearing it off cuz it was sooo bad inmo on Thurs and was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I remember when first came out, I ain't watching it no more. Either will I watch Nikita anymore either, it wasn't very good anyways. I mainly watched it out of nostalga cuz I was a big fan of Peta Wilson's Nikita back in the old orginal USA tv series Le Femme Nikita - which was based on a movie of the same name.

If I had a twitter account and I knew how to tweet I'd totally tweet #SaltAndBurnCW all over the place, lol. So I'll just fly those colors here, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                  I completely agree with you, Anno.
                  It's difficult to say, because Smallville had and still has so much potential even in its last season, but you just know they bring in love triangles and what not BECAUSE of the CW. Sure, back with the WB, we had Clark/Lana/Whitney and Chloe/Clark/Lana and what not, but when CW took over, SV ended up having its worst romantic ideas yet, with Chloe and Doomsday and all that jazz which has the Dawn O. approval stamp all over it.

Supernatural, at least its stayed true to its core. And hopefully no one says "Well, they brought in Ruby and Bella", but hopefully they'd be smart enough to realize that Kripke wanted to bring them into the series beforehand, lol. Plus, Kripke quickly killed off Bela and Ruby 1.0.

Comment

Yeah, but it's not only the fact that Supernatural stands out and differs from the other CW shows, it's also a question of quality. Supernatural has without a doubt the best writing, acting, directing etc. on the network. I used to like Smallville, it was a great show back in the days. It was of higher quality back then; a better cast, better storylines, some really good characters and so on, sure it had it's problems, Smallville has crapped out many horrible episodes, but at it's best, it was really good. But as it dragged out it lost so much. It was due to several reasons of course, they either lost or got rid of their best actors and characters, budget cut, the showrunners didn't take care of the show and other several factors including The CW. Smallville sucked up to the network, and let it boss 'em around...

Supernatural, however, does not suck up to The CW. The series has stayed true to it's core, and which is why it continues to deliver quality storylines and episodes. If Dawn was bossing Supernatural around every episode would be like "Swap Meat" and Jensen and Jared would be running around shirtless in every episode. Anyway, what I am trying to say here is that Dawn Hoe and The CW should be proud of Supernatural, and it deserves to be treated with respect. And so does Smallville, even if that show is dead to me, it's the network's powerhouse after all. What they did this week, delaying their two biggest shows (Even if The Twilight Diaries have better ratings than Supernatural, I'd still say that Supernatural is bigger), that have been there since the network's start, and for an incredibly stupid and pathetic reason, was not cool.

Comment

Hey now, I actually liked "Swap Meat", lol(not with the story itself with Sam and the other kid switching bodies, but on a different level: when demons had their chance to take in Sam, Lucifer didn't bother to come around; only when the Pagan Gods held Sam hostage, THEN Lucifer took time to show up...it showed moreso how Lucifer thought about demons, imo...Lucifer may have mentioned how he thought Pagan Gods were more pitiful, but Lucifer may have had more respect of them than his pawns). But I still think we need an episode with Dean and Sam switching bodies, or at least their souls are switched so they know what's going on in the heads of the other brother.

And Smallville's earlier seasons has some great and epic writing, imo; Lex Luthor had THE best lines in any television series.

The Vampire Diaries, people can say they have better ratings, and it is true, but, it's true only because of the network's situation which wants to have shows based on teenager angst and awful storytelling. You will never see the girls from Gossip Girl going up against Lucifer

And with that being said, what's ironic is this: the vampires from TVD would have no chance against Lucifer, Lilith, Azazel or even Crowley. And also no match against the Winchester brothers
                      Last edited by Anno_Domini; 01-30-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        Hey now, I actually liked "Swap Meat", lol(not with the story itself with Sam and the other kid switching bodies, but on a different level: when demons had their chance to take in Sam, Lucifer didn't bother to come around; only when the Pagan Gods held Sam hostage, THEN Lucifer took time to show up...it showed moreso how Lucifer thought about demons, imo...Lucifer may have mentioned how he thought Pagan Gods were more pitiful, but Lucifer may have had more respect of them than his pawns). But I still think we need an episode with Dean and Sam switching bodies, or at least their souls are switched so they know what's going on in the heads of the other brother.

And Smallville's earlier seasons has some great and epic writing, imo; Lex Luthor had THE best lines in any television series.

The Vampire Diaries, people can say they have better ratings, and it is true, but, it's true only because of the network's situation which wants to have shows based on teenager angst and awful storytelling. You will never see the girls from Gossip Girl going up against Lucifer

And with that being said, what's ironic is this: the vampires from TVD would have no chance against Lucifer, Lilith, Azazel or even Crowley. And also no match against the Winchester brothers
                        I really loved Hammer of the Gods but was kinda disappointed about how the gods got slaughtered as if they were human. They could put a better fight imo. Well, Kali did but that was it.... Loki/Gab really made the episode great. But about Smallville, I stopped watching it after season 7. After Lex left and Jimmy got killed (which made no since according to traditional Superman timelines and such) it got stupid and was really wearing thin by season 7.

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
                          After Lex left and Jimmy got killed (which made no since according to traditional Superman timelines and such) it got stupid and was really wearing thin by season 7.
                          That was "Henry James Olsen", lol. It's viewed as a retcon though since they kept saying his name as Jimmy. I don't know one person that is called their middle name and not their first.

Comment

That was "Henry James Olsen", lol. It's viewed as a retcon though since they kept saying his name as Jimmy. I don't know one person that is called their middle name and not their first.
                            Oh.... the "real" jimmy was the kid at the funeral right? I was confused by that whole situation. How odd to do that... that just confused a lot of superman fans I think. Well, like I said season 7 was when things went to hell.

Comment

Preach! Hehehe.

Seriously though, if the end was nigh and all hope was left with the VD bro's we'd be so screwed, they'd be too busy emo'n about high school, their evil ex, and the evil ex's human look alike that goes to high school. Oh yeah, then the look alike would have her fair share of emo'n and and.. oh sh.. we are all dead now. DAMN IT! lol.

Comment

Amen to that brother, that's why it's such a shame what that series has become. Lex and Lionel's dialogues were pure gold.

----- Added 42 Minutes later -----

Anyway, to get back on topic..as we already know this episode will be mixed with action, emotional drama and comedy. And it looks like we'll get a really fun scene in this episode... apparently Dean is gonna fight a large rock!
                                And some interesting casting info: Casting Director of the show Robert Ulrich's wife Kim Johnston Ulrich is starring as Dr.Viziak in this episode.
                                Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 02-01-2011, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎