Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this the "perfect day" or did that 2017 future get partly/entirely altered?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It's all about Faith
    If only..lolololo....
    Well, Lois was "legally" blonde for a while back in season four....

Comment

That reveal at the end of Isis cannot be THE reveal...THE reveal needs to involve all talk of Krypton and him being an alien. My guess is that the perfect day reveal is coming soon - probably the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        Yeah, I'm on board with this. I'd expect Clark to get to that nuclear reactor much earlier when he's in 2017 so he could even prevent it from melting down/exploding.

It's even safe to say that no matter what happened, one constant was that Clark was always going to tell Lois his secret, so Brainiac 5 knew whatever he showed Clark would give him the confidence of not fearing the future.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

I don't remember if future Clark said that, but even if he did, I don't think it means the future will be the same. It could be slightly different but with Clark getting rid of his darkness on that day being a constant with other details being different.
        True.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Son of Vern
          Well, Lois was "legally" blonde for a while back in season four....
          LOL, yeah she was until the start of season 8. Also it's funny for Lois to say that since her very own cousin isn't a "bottle blonde".

Comment

Time travel is a very confusing concept, but I believe that the future was somewhat altered. I think Clark to told Lois the first half of his secret (the blur part) much earlier than his future self did. From what we've seen over the show's history, Smallville isn't a 'all roads lead to the same future' show like the Terminator franchise became in the third movie. The way I see it is that whenever you travel to the future the chances of you actually seeing an exact replica of that future when you reach that time are slim. As we saw in Doomsday (ok we didn't actually see it. Rokk just told us) the future Rokk was from was essentially changed due to the events in Legion. It's like Clark said in Apocalypse. You can't change the past; you can only affect the future... does this post make any sense? Where's Doc Brown when you need him. Knowing him of course he'd only say:
            'Your future hasn't been written yet! No one's has! Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one!'

Comment

It was her perfect day. He decided by the end of the episode he wasn't going to tell her, then lois told him she wished the blur knew that she was "willing to take that risk" THEN he threw it all on the table. He wasn't even thinking about the future in that moment.

Its perfect for lois because he told her, I don't think she needed anything more.

Comment

It was Lois's kind of perfect day. No, it wasn't with candles or rose petals or anything cliche (or cheesy even) like that but it was romantic because of the words Clark said .

Comment

I agree but seeing the way Lois was in the future & how she handled things gave him a serious dose of motivation to tell her & I think sped up things a lot. What I ponder in this thread is if the 2017 Clark we saw in Homecoming saw Lois handling his secret the same way our Clark did & if he was motivated by it like our Clark was. I get the feeling when he traveled to the future, he spent his time on the roof tending to the helicopter than our Clark did & spent minimal time with Lois. Otherwise where did the idea to check the roof for the helicopter or to wear glasses come from? I hope not from Kara or Andrea Rojas since that's something that is uniquely Clark Kent's thing.
                  Physicists have looked at time travel and they have come to a fairly popular belief that if you time travel you can only go in one direction and only within the limits of the tech itself, Meaning you could not for example go back and stop the assassination of Lincoln because the tech to time travel did not exist in that time there for no exit point existed in the time travel spectrum.

So Smallville is so far from what scientists perceive to be the only logical way Time travel could occur that it would be nerve racking to try and solve a problem with no answer. Simply put this is tradition Smallville magic with no rhyme or reason, or any validity to how it was implemented.

To throw out another pebble in the pond of thought, a separate theory states that for ever decision made in this world a alternate parallel time line is created representing the choices we did not make. So looking into your own future would not be possible however looking into a time line parallel to yours would be. In other words you could see what the future would be had you made a different decision or made the same decision at a different time. Confusing is it not!
                  Last edited by adromidon; 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

...where did the idea... to wear glasses come from? I hope not from Kara or Andrea Rojas since that's something that is uniquely Clark Kent's thing.
                    Not to worry! Clark had that pair of glasses (and the idea to use them for an identity aid) as early as season 9 (Idol), well before Kara started doing her Linda Lee bit. It just took considerable prodding from Lois (and a meeting with his future self) to get him to finally follow through with it as a regular habit.

In fact, something tells me that in this telling of the story, Clark needing reminders about his glasses basically exists to show us the sort of cute little mannerisms a good couple can harmlessly bicker about. Reminds me of my folks.

Comment

I honestly think that the future was partially altered. Maybe Clark told Lois his secret sooner than when it was supposed to happen (months or years later, in different circumstances maybe).

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎