No announcement yet.

Writers continue to denigrate Superman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writers continue to denigrate Superman

As much as I love what is happening between Lois and Clark it just gripes me to see the constant denigration of the Man of Steel. Lois is in Africa and realizes CK is the Blur and what happens? She has an encounter with an eternal being that is ready to be reincarnated to meet up with his wife of previous carnations. Now we see Lois turning into some kind of a supernatural, mythological being who has the power to tie Clark up and supposedly kill him if Oliver had not rescued him. Why can't these writers be enamored with Superman and stop diluting his unique abilities by bringing in other "beings" who can fly, live forever and have stories perhaps more interesting than Supermans? The main thing is keeping the main thing the main thing and the main thing is Superman. We don't need Freaks of the Week, or intergalactic freaks or anything other than a "strange visitor from an unknown planet with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal man. SUPERMAN; who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands and who disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper fight the never ending battle for truth, justice and the American way". He is unique, he is amazing and we don't need Isis, or Hawkman or Green Arrow or any of these other entities that compete with Superman.

if I remember correctly it was Clark's heat vision that was responsible for sending her back. His heat vision is now as strong if not stronger than the sun. All ollie did was shoot an arrow that broke the necklace. You could see that Clark had already untied the ropes by himself.

Well Clark isn't Superman yet. And what's wrong with introducing villains who are stronger than him. That's truly his test or else the fight would be too easy.

Comment

All I can say is FLY GODAMNIT FLY!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
        if I remember correctly it was Clark's heat vision that was responsible for sending her back. His heat vision is now as strong if not stronger than the sun. All ollie did was shoot an arrow that broke the necklace. You could see that Clark had already untied the ropes by himself.

Well Clark isn't Superman yet. And what's wrong with introducing villains who are stronger than him. That's truly his test or else the fight would be too easy.
        Exactly

Comment

Why does everyone have to be less than amazing in order for Superman to be amazing? I like having a variety of heroes and villains with a varieties of powers and abilities.

Comment

Mere physical powers don't define Superman. His moral and virtues are what makes him the superhero he is. Anyone can hold superior powers but that's not what makes them Superman.

Comment

Isis = goddess Clark = mortal He's lucky she didnt turn him into a scarab. Isis is the one who got the short shift here. Trapped in the neckless? She didnt seem trapped. And it didnt take much to put her back. If I were her I would have flushed the thing at the first opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
                He is unique, he is amazing and we don't need Isis, or Hawkman or Green Arrow or any of these other entities that compete with Superman.
                It's not a contest. And while one man can make a diffrence, not even Superman can be in two places at once. So, really, when Superman's off fighting Bizarro, Brainiac, Lex, Parasite, etc, etc, etc... Who'll be there to defend and protect the family, that's being confronted by a mugger, on a dark street; The little boy/girl, who goes home and gets beaten by their parents; The woman, who's being beaten, by her husband; The man, who's being beaten, by his wife; The kid, who thought, he/she was chatting online, with someone their own age; The kid, that gets beaten up at school for being diffrent; The store clerk, that was confronted by a robber; The young woman, who made a short cut, through the park at night and was attacked; etc, etc, etc?

That's how I see it. And also, Superman's never been a shallow cry-baby, that bursts into tears, because "there's someone else out there, who's willing to help humanity." In fact, he's quite the opposite. Sometimes, he even asks the others for help, when he's confronted with a problem, that goes outside his area of expertize. I remember one comic, from the late 80's, where Superman went to Gotham City and handed Batman a book, that he asked him to analyse. And the reason for this (which is even explained, in the dialogue between them), is that this concerns forensics (fingerprints and stuff): Something Superman knows nothing about, but Bats is an expert on.

Comment

What's wrong with random freaks that grace the show every now and then? Even the comics have them.

Comment

clark isnt superman yet

i would rather they didnt denigrate clark kent himself

Comment

If I remember correctly it was in Salvation (season 9) that Lois found out he was the Blur when he kissed her. I feel that the writers are doing a good job even though I would like to see him in the glass's and able to fly, I think that this is one of the best season's so far!

Take Care,

Jack

Comment

I understand where you are coming from and I agree that they downplay how unique Clark really is. The more I begin to think about the more I realize that Clark isn't as unique as they make him out to be. They also don't remind us of how powerful he really is. The show could have done a better job showing us just how powerful and unique Clark really is.

In that aspect Smallville has failed in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
                          As much as I love what is happening between Lois and Clark it just gripes me to see the constant denigration of the Man of Steel. Lois is in Africa and realizes CK is the Blur and what happens? She has an encounter with an eternal being that is ready to be reincarnated to meet up with his wife of previous carnations. Now we see Lois turning into some kind of a supernatural, mythological being who has the power to tie Clark up and supposedly kill him if Oliver had not rescued him. Why can't these writers be enamored with Superman and stop diluting his unique abilities by bringing in other "beings" who can fly, live forever and have stories perhaps more interesting than Supermans? The main thing is keeping the main thing the main thing and the main thing is Superman. We don't need Freaks of the Week, or intergalactic freaks or anything other than a "strange visitor from an unknown planet with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal man. SUPERMAN; who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands and who disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper fight the never ending battle for truth, justice and the American way". He is unique, he is amazing and we don't need Isis, or Hawkman or Green Arrow or any of these other entities that compete with Superman.
                          My guess is because Smallville is a tv series with over 200 episodes to date where captivating albeit questioning storylines are meant to grab hold of its dedicated audience. It isn't some sloppily produced hollywood movie where special effects and out of no where plots are quickly established and solved within 2 hours (previews not included).
                          Last edited by lola dee; 10-23-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Being Superman isn't about his Super powers, it's about the person he is, what he stands for.

Comment

I think being Superman is about both his powers and what he stands for. If he didn't have superpowers than he wouldn't be Superman.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎