Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Tess really be trusted?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope she can. The three of them have great chemistry together, as a team.

Comment

She was definitely bothered that Clark and Ollie are willing to give her a chance, she might not feel she deserves their trust. On the other hand, she may be involved in some scheming and feels bad because she sees how decent Clark and Ollie are to her.

Tess will get involved in stuff and keep it to herself because she feels she knows what she is doing. That is what can make her dangerous.

Comment

Not 100% sure Tess can be trusted yet. In this episode, you couldn't help but feel bad for Tess but at the same time they planted a seed of doubt on whether or not she can be trusted. Still to be seen in my opinion. Very intriguing though. Glad they are finally giving Cassidy something to do this season.

Comment

I was thinking about it and short answer: NO!!! She is keeping the biggest secret that effects Clark in the long run...she is keeping a little Alexander for herself and he's unstable. Who knows if he'll turn out much worse than the real Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by drwood
            If it wasn't for her visit from Granny Goodness last season in the hospital, I would say yes...
            I agree with this. I love Tess; I think she is a very interesting character (not to mention extremely hot!!), and I very much want to think she can be trusted. But something, probably the Granny Goodness scene, just tells me that Tess will take the dark turn when she hits a fork in the road. Plus her love for Alexander bugs me - if her heart and loyalty is tied to the word "Luthor", that can't be good for the Justice League.

And I do hope I'm wrong....

Comment

Tess is the most enigmatic regular character and seeing her struggle deep inside is such a moving thing. I think she's like Benjamin Linus in Lost and I'm not sure if she's worthy of trust yet because trust is a difficult thing to give.

Comment

No one on smallville can be fully trusted,

well except good old boy scout CK

Comment

tbh, I don't think she can be trusted. She wants to be good, but her means are just as misguided as Chloe. She will always have her own agenda, even if she thinks her agenda is for good, she will hide stuff from the rest of the team like taking care of "little lex".

Comment

I think Tess is attracted to goodness and heroism; but, she is also attracted to power and authority. Whether or not she can be trusted depends on who has her in their thrall at the moment. She has already proven with the Zod and the Alexander situations that she is capable of withholding vital information and harboring potentially serious threats. And to quote Dr. Phil, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."
                    Last edited by scifigirl; 10-24-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Tess evil. Bad Tess bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mantaray
                        I know she's proven a lot so far about her trustworthiness, but is there still something dark inside Tess that will cause her to turn? Is she really "good" now?

I think Tess stands between the line of "hero" and "villain." She's a wild card.
                        I would like her to be trusted, I think she wants to do what is right, I think she will try to do whats right this season but something will go wrong, I think that she is a hero but her tactics are villainous at sometimes and she has some learning to do.

Comment

I think she can given her actions in Salvation, Lazarus, and Shield. If she wanted to betray Clark, she'd have done it already.

Comment

I think her intentions are good and she wants to help. she hasn't really done anything against the heroes since she joined them (well, she lied about Alexander, but that was because she wanted to help them and then thought she had dealt with him) so in my opinion for the time being she can be trusted. I love that she's the type of character where you really question her motives and intentions though, but I think underneath it all she wants to be a good person and do what's right, even though she has questionable motives.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎