Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Isis?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another episode, I no doubt accused of being a mere filler originally. However, the episode is more than that. Not only is it the episode, where Clark tells Lois his secret, it also raises questions about how far one is willing to go, to save someone you love. Isis is so obsessed about saving Osiris, that she doesn't care that his resurrection would also bring about Hell on Earth. Her selfishness makes her a villain. Meanwhile, Clark would never do something like that for Lois, as it would be selfish to condemn the world to Hell, in exchange for his own happiness (and Lois would probably never speak to him again, if he made such a choice). It shows Clark having matured, since the days of Lana. Back then, he was all about saving Lana. In "Reckoning", all he cared about was bringing Lana back to life. He didn't think about the fact that someone else still having to die. He just wanted Lana back, so he could be happy. He was being selfish (shame that he never told Lana about that. Would've been interesting to see her reaction to it. Would she have felt bad about it? Given her reaction to Whitney's death, she would probably try make herself be the one, that we're supposed to feel bad for).

As for the rest of the episode. We've already seen Lois be possessed by a witch, the Kryptonian Faora and Silver Banshee. So, in that regard, it's a repeat of what they've already done with Lois three times before (four, if you count her being possessed by Dawn Stiles) and not something new. It also ends with Isis being retrapped in the Amulet. I do wish they had done something more with her. They could've brought back Adrianna, who was in the opening scene. They could've had Isis realize the errors of her ways, agree to leave Lois' body, with Adrianna becoming her new (consenting) host. The role of Adrianna was one they really should've fleshed out. Not just used in the first scene. Given that Adrianna Tomaz is her secret identity, in the comics, it does seem a bit strange that they'd include a character named Adrianna in an Isis episode, without doing something with her. Maybe there was an earlier draft, where she does become Isis. It could be that, originally, she was going to be the vessel of Isis and not Lois. In such a scenario, they might've had Clark and Oliver be able to expell Isis' spirit from Adrianna, but she'd retain her powers (allowing her to become a superhero). This is, of course, just me speculating. But, such a scenario would've given more weight to the episode, than simply Lois getting possessed for the fifth time.

Finally, I enjoyed the Black Adam Easter egg, with the Dagger of Teth-Adam. I always like these little references, that shows that there is a larger world out there. One that could've been explored through spin-offs, tie-in novels and comics. Heck, they could come back at any time and tell more stories, set in this universe. Wouldn't be limited to Clark.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 06-09-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎