Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings for Live Free Or Twi-Hard

This thread is for the discussion of the TV ratings of Live Free Or Twi-Hard once they become available.

It received 2.48 million viewers the same as last night's episode of Smallville.

Comment

^^That's a shame. I wonder if it would have had at least 3.5 million if it was still on Thursday nights. Damn CW.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        ^^That's a shame. I wonder if it would have had at least 3.5 million if it was still on Thursday nights. Damn CW.
        Well, it still sounds like it's doing well on friday nights. Just as Smallville does. Putting those back on the same day is a great choice for the CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
          Well, it still sounds like it's doing well on friday nights. Just as Smallville does. Putting those back on the same day is a great choice for the CW.
          I like them being on the same day. I'm just not crazy about them being on Friday nights since the ratings are always worse that night. But I don't think any other CW show would survive that night, so that's definitely part of the reasoning behind it.

What I really hate is not getting Smallville or Supernatural promos until late night Thursday & Friday. Yet they still air promos for the garbage shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, Vampire Diaries, Hellcats, etc every day, even Fridays.

Comment

I like them being on the same day. I'm just not crazy about them being on Friday nights since the ratings are always worse that night. But I don't think any other CW show would survive that night, so that's definitely part of the reasoning behind it.

What I really hate is not getting Smallville or Supernatural promos until late night Thursday & Friday. Yet they still air promos for the garbage shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, Vampire Diaries, Hellcats, etc every day, even Fridays.
            Yeah, well I like to see the promo after I've seen the episode hehe. Yeah, those shows really sucks so hard. CW will really fail after Smallville & SPN is off the grid. Do you think that Vampire Diaries is so bad? I think it's a ok show, better than most of the shows on CW (except for Smallville & Spn ofc).

The only downside with that show is how much they talk about love and all of that. Not really awesome characters either . And it has really degenerated in quality those last episodes

I'm not even sure how long that show is gonna last, considering it's the replacement show for Smallville & SPN once they are gone. Hm...

Comment

Supernatural will get at least one more season because it's doing well on Friday.

The Vampire Diaries isn't the replacement for Smallville. Nikita is most likely to take Smallville's place on Friday next year.

And a new show will be paired with The Vampire Diaries on Thursday just like Nikita was this year since The Vampire Diaries is the only show on the network capable of launching any new show.
              Last edited by Dexter; 10-24-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Supernatural will get at least one more season because it's doing well on Friday.
                That is very likely, but I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I love Supernatural. It is the best show on TV, but I think it should end with this season. Season 6 has been terrific so far, but I am afraid they might ruin the series if they drag it out for another season.

Comment

I was under the impression that the producers wanted to continue past Season 5 so they could start a new story. One season isn't really good enough for that.

Ending on Season 6 would make it seem like they just wanted to tie up loose ends and do a half ass post-Apocalypse story.

I think it comes down to Jared and Jensen though. Jared said if Season 6 wasn't that great, he would want to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                    I was under the impression that the producers wanted to continue past Season 5 so they could start a new story. One season isn't really good enough for that.

Ending on Season 6 would make it seem like they just wanted to tie up loose ends and do a half ass post-Apocalypse story.

I think it comes down to Jared and Jensen though. Jared said if Season 6 wasn't that great, he would want to move on.
                    I disagree. While I do think that it should have ended with the fifth season, it was the perfect way to end the series, I think ending it with this seaon would be great. One season is enough for this story, one season to deal with the aftermath of the Apocalypse. Not many people agrees with me on this one, but a story can definitely be told in one season. I wish more tv-shows would be just one season, Prison Break, Heroes and LOST are all examples of tv-shows that would have been perfect as one-season series. And Season 6 isn't a new show, just a new chapter. One chapter can definitely be told in one season and have a great closure.

I agree that it comes down to Jared and Jensen. And I hope that they not only base their decision on how this season have been, but on how it will be if they continue with it. Are there more stories to tell, or do they just want to milk to the last drop? It would be horrible if that happened to Supernatural, it deserves better.
                    Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 10-25-2010, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                      That is very likely, but I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I love Supernatural. It is the best show on TV, but I think it should end with this season. Season 6 has been terrific so far, but I am afraid they might ruin the series if they drag it out for another season.
                      I disagree. I could very easily see the events & plots of this season spilling into at least another season. If Sera is really going to give us a whole new mythology & depending on its extent, then it could go on for another 3-4 seasons easily. I'm not sure I want to see it go that long, but as long as the ideas Sera has are good & require time to be developed, I'm more than willing to go along for the ride.

I think season 5 was a good time to end it, but now that they're doing a 6th season & it still has a lot of quality (except the premiere which I really didn't like at all), they should let it flow naturally. Sera should do what Kripke did & stage it out in seasons. If there is enough story to be told, then it should be broken out over the course of a season each per every huge milestone Sera has planned. And this needs to happen now so it's known when exactly the show should end. That's why Kripke's original idea was so good---because he staged it over 5 seasons & knew from day 1 that after season 5 he would be done with it. That's why the show kept remaining so interesting & good, and unlike other shows, got better with age. As long as there are not only ideas but a plan to stage the ideas over a determined course of time, the show should remain good.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I disagree. I could very easily see the events & plots of this season spilling into at least another season. If Sera is really going to give us a whole new mythology & depending on its extent, then it could go on for another 3-4 seasons easily. I'm not sure I want to see it go that long, but as long as the ideas Sera has are good & require time to be developed, I'm more than willing to go along for the ride.

I think season 5 was a good time to end it, but now that they're doing a 6th season & it still has a lot of quality (except the premiere which I really didn't like at all), they should let it flow naturally. Sera should do what Kripke did & stage it out in seasons. If there is enough story to be told, then it should be broken out over the course of a season each per every huge milestone Sera has planned. And this needs to happen now so it's known when exactly the show should end. That's why Kripke's original idea was so good---because he staged it over 5 seasons & knew from day 1 that after season 5 he would be done with it. That's why the show kept remaining so interesting & good, and unlike other shows, got better with age. As long as there are not only ideas but a plan to stage the ideas over a determined course of time, the show should remain good.
                        I do agree with somethings you are pointing out in this post, and I would definitely be along for the ride. But ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END... for me it doesn't matter if they can continue to produce great stories, I don't want it to continue for that long. Having a 5 season plan was a fantastic idea and I was really disappointed that they didn't stick with it and decided to continue with the show. And even though the 6th season has been awesome, I have loved every episode, including the very underrated premiere, I want them to end the show with this season. I am very skeptical when it comes to making more and more seasons, and it seems like today that is the point with tv-series, see how far you can go. The same thing goes for movie sequels, they just can't seem to resist to make more these days. And yes, the next season could turn out to be awesome but it's a gamble. Because if it turns out to be a failure it will ruin the whole series, just as a horrbile sequel will ruin the original. I guess it depends on how you look at it, but I would hate if this ever happened to Supernatural. Because this is in my eyes The Best Show, and if they decide to make more seaons after this one and they turned out to be bad, or even just okay, it would ruin that.

I say, end the show with this season, make every episode as kickass as possible and give the show the closure it deserves.

Comment

In my opinion, the producers should try and get as many seasons as possible now that they went past Kripke's five year plan. Regardless if Season 6 is good, I am always going to see anything after Season 5 as added on because it was never intended.

The show made the mistake of not ending on the highest note possible, so they may as well get at least one more season in after Season 6 since the quality of the show wasn't the producer's main priority with renewing the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                            In my opinion, the producers should try and get as many seasons as possible now that they went past Kripke's five year plan. Regardless if Season 6 is good, I am always going to see anything after Season 5 as added on because it was never intended.

The show made the mistake of not ending on the highest note possible, so they may as well get at least one more season in after Season 6 since the quality of the show wasn't the producer's main priority with renewing the series.
                            Red: Totally agree.

Blue: What makes you say that? The quality of the show has always been the producers main priority, unlike the other shows on the network. This is what makes Supernatural unique on The CW. And yes, they missed the oppurtunity of having the perfect ending, but I have no doubt that quality is still their number one priority. It's the same people behind it, after all. If it weren't, this season wouldn't have been as great as it has been so far.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎