Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Secret Circle (The CW) - Original Thread

A new project in development for The CW based on books by the same author who created The Vampire Diaries.

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/secret-circle/

From what I hear the books are quite good, and again, anything sci-fi/fantasy is good in my book.

this is exciting! I adored those books (even more than TVD) when I was in high school... just think witches vs. vampires

I am definitely down to watch.. especially if the show is half as good as TVD are. LJ Smith is just an awesome writer .. good to see her stuff out there finally. Heck - I read all of those in the early 90ties.

Custom Title
    Looks like Scifi is the new flavor of the month for CW

That's definitely a flavor that I wouldn't complain about!

Love this news!!! I love LJ Smith and I've actually read the Secret Circle series, though I've never read TVD. I'm really excited about this one! I wonder if they'll ever do a cross over with TVD since Bonnie is a witch as well. I have a feeling this new series is going to have a love triangle that is similar to TVD.

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonSite View Post
    That's definitely a flavor that I wouldn't complain about!
    Me either!
    Last edited by Sugar; 10-20-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    I canít wait for this now. I love all of L.J Smithís books but my favourite is definitely the Secret Circle. Itís just a better story than the Vampire Diaries, the books not the show, I love the two show runners, they wrote amazing Dollhouse episodes and they are even writing for season two of the Vampire Diaries and I can see them doing a crossover but I hoping they say that the Secret Circle is a Vampire Diaries spin-off with is basically the same has having a cross-over. I wonder which of the 12 coven members will be main characters, I can see Cassie, Adam, Diana, Faye and Nick being main but what about the rest. I hope the CW can see the possibilities of actually picking this up, but itís funny that the books have been out for more than a decade and they are finally moving into a different media. I need to re-read these books again and I give it a thumbs up for the show runners to be females! More hot half naked guys topless. (;

I hope that this show gets the greenlight. I've always had a soft spot for witches.

Is this going to be somewhat of a spin off to The Vampire Diaries?

That's what I'm thinking because it's created by the same author and it's about witches, which is a story itself within The Vampire Diaries.

I hope this show gets picked up. The CW needs more genre shows.

The plot sounds very interesting. Had to think about Bonnie when I first read the plot because she too is a Salom witch...but I guess that it will be a completely different girl?

One thing is for sure though...I wonīt get overly excited for this and hyped as I did with Betwixt, until the final word on a pick up comes out!

I know some diehard L.J. Smith fans who say that there's nothing that necessarily says that her books *don't* take place in the same universe...

That excites me. I think for the Vampire Diaries to have a spin-off would also be a very good thing for the network, if they go that route.

I know some diehard L.J. Smith fans who say that there's nothing that necessarily says that her books *don't* take place in the same universe...

That excites me. I think for the Vampire Diaries to have a spin-off would also be a very good thing for the network, if they go that route.
    It wouldn't be a spin-off of TVD right since it's doesn't have any of the same characters?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It wouldn't be a spin-off of TVD right since it's doesn't have any of the same characters?
    it still would since it'll be going by the same rules that TVD does just by a different point of view which is cassie and the witches.

Gawd I hope they do this! I loved Cassie/Adam and all the rest of the coven. Agree that the main cast would probably be Cassie, Diana, Faye, Adam and Nick .. the rest would be supporting characters ....

I agree. It would be a good move for the network, as TVD is the leading show in terms of numbers, and I might even say story potential/writing. I think this makes the most sense in terms of choosing from exsisting CW shows for a spinoff. *nods*

The CW would be pretty dumb to not get this show.

The Vampire Diaries is doing much better than the rest of the shows. Isn't it averaging about 3.5 million while the next highest scripted show, either Smallville or Supernatural, is averaging 2.5? It's also doing very good in the target W 18-34 group. I would imagine a spinoff of this type of show would do relatively the same.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast