Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks that Darkseid is...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks that Darkseid is...

Am I the only one who thinks that Daskseid is inside Clark? Everone is talking about a "darkness" inside him. Am I the only one who thinks that Kara got there too late, and Darseid is in Clark (not possessing or controlling, but giving him doubt)? I think that Darkseid is the Darkness.

Originally posted by xPandaHunterx
    Am I the only one who thinks that Daskseid is inside Clark? Everone is talking about a "darkness" inside him. Am I the only one who thinks that Kara got there too late, and Darseid is in Clark (not possessing or controlling, but giving him doubt)? I think that Darkseid is the Darkness.
    No, you're not the only one who thinks that Clark has that darkness inside him. When I wrote the Darkseid arc in my fanfic I did a bit of research and came up with the theory that Darkseid has a way of drawing the darkness out in people, Clark included and with more darkness (or evil) it tips the balance of the universe. But as to the episode itself, I wondered if Kara was too late as well and that Darkseid did get inside Clark. It just seemed too convenient for Darkseid to be repelled and just disappear.

Comment

Yeah, I know! It just didn't feel right that such an important villian just up and scrammed when Kara flashed her shiny bracelet!

Comment

Originally posted by xPandaHunterx
        Yeah, I know! It just didn't feel right that such an important villian just up and scrammed when Kara flashed her shiny bracelet!
        I hate to criticise the writers, because they do an amazing job, but they left it too open-ended in this episode. And I wasn't sure I liked the way they did the whole Godfrey thing when in the comics Godfrey was one of Darkseid's minions from Apokolips and that was how I wrote him. I just hope they give us a little more info on what happened to Darkseid - I mean, isn't he supposed to be like the villain for the season?

There are just too many unanswered questions both from the first episode and the third.

Comment

The way Smallville is doing the Darkseid story reminds me a lot of the human sin nature. Everyone sins because of the darkness within. (see James 1:13-15 in the Bible) The sin is already there, & without Jesus Christ, you will give in & commit sin. Satan can take what is in you & use it against you, but it comes from within you, not externally.

I don't know whether the Smallville writers had this in mind--probably not--but it is a good illustration. Christ died to take the punishment for the sins you commit, & He rose again to give you new life, but without Him you are helpless.

(If this offends, anyone, that's too bad, but I have freedom of speech, & I am convinced this is true!)

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎