Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could definitely tell this ep was filmed first - and a missed opportunity...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could definitely tell this ep was filmed first - and a missed opportunity...

The whole Dean/Sam parts of the episode - save for their scene with Crowley and talking to Bobby as they drove through Scotland at the end - felt just really out of place last night. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't 'feel' their scenes at all. It was almost like the writers sat down to write the ep, and all of a sudden realized the need to shoe-horn the guys into their pre-Scotland scenes from "Weekend at Bobby's" since, in the end, Supernatural really is the story of their lives. Really didn't buy the 'Sam's different' bits either.

This is nothing against Jensen's directing, as it looked superb, but the writers failed in parts of this one, IMHO.

----

And they missed a big opportunity to snark on Harry Potter and/or Hogwarts, since the castle is [supposedly] in Scotland.

I had a hard time watching this one. Maybe it was just my station but through half of it the lips and words were not coming out at the same time, very distrubing. I had to watch most with my eyes closed and then near the end the sound and movements were in sync. Hope that never happens again

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
      The whole Dean/Sam parts of the episode - save for their scene with Crowley and talking to Bobby as they drove through Scotland at the end - felt just really out of place last night. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't 'feel' their scenes at all. It was almost like the writers sat down to write the ep, and all of a sudden realized the need to shoe-horn the guys into their pre-Scotland scenes from "Weekend at Bobby's" since, in the end, Supernatural really is the story of their lives. Really didn't buy the 'Sam's different' bits either.

This is nothing against Jensen's directing, as it looked superb, but the writers failed in parts of this one, IMHO.

----

And they missed a big opportunity to snark on Harry Potter and/or Hogwarts, since the castle is [supposedly] in Scotland.
      I thought the writing was fine, and it made sense, for me, on the way Dean spoke about Sam when he was talking to Bobby as it seemed like Sam had attacked that priest firsthand with the knife, hence Dean asking for another way to kill the actual Lamia.

And the opportunity or whatever is just nit-picking, lol. I could say there could've been something about Highlander, but again, that's just nit-picking.

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
      I had a hard time watching this one. Maybe it was just my station but through half of it the lips and words were not coming out at the same time, very distrubing. I had to watch most with my eyes closed and then near the end the sound and movements were in sync. Hope that never happens again
      It was just the network, nothing to do with post-production.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        I thought the writing was fine, and it made sense, for me, on the way Dean spoke about Sam when he was talking to Bobby as it seemed like Sam had attacked that priest firsthand with the knife, hence Dean asking for another way to kill the actual Lamia.
        I don't mean to make a big debate out of this, but unless Sam really got into his work, I think it was the lamia who got the priest. He had at least 3 gouges in his neck, like if something with claws ripped them through his throat; not to mention was looking very whitish, ie dead for awhile.

And I got the impression that Dean was saying the lamia already ruined their first 'easiest' chance to kill it, by 'offing' the priest. MMV, I guess.

Comment

I Disagree i thought the directing was excellent this was one of my all-time favourite episodes and by far the best of the season

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
            I don't mean to make a big debate out of this, but unless Sam really got into his work, I think it was the lamia who got the priest. He had at least 3 gouges in his neck, like if something with claws ripped them through his throat; not to mention was looking very whitish, ie dead for awhile.

And I got the impression that Dean was saying the lamia already ruined their first 'easiest' chance to kill it, by 'offing' the priest. MMV, I guess.
            I had thought it was Sam who mistakenly killed the priest, but yes, you're right...the Lamia killed the priest before Sam and Dean could get the knife blessed. My bad.

Comment

The whole episode felt like an attempt at a bobby stand-alone episode. It just came out as a filler to fulfill 22 episodes in the season. It also hinted at Crowley be the main super villain to wrestle at the end of the season...not as newsworthy for big boss defeat. I guess my question being asked "Where is the show heading?" Focusing a hefty amount on bobby for one episode and in the pass when it's really about "Sam and Dean". They need to truly get back to those kill mythological creatures stand-alone w/ storyline arc appearing in between episodes.

I think I agree that the show spent it's gold on season five and won a retirement from the network game and yet it continues to shine for another season for what I see from just one episode is going to be the weakest of them all but could find that I'm wrong.

Comment

Well, to be fair, it was about Sam, Dean and Castiel during seasons four and five.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎