• Show
Clear All

• awesome episode ^^

Comment

• who can hate this episode?

Comment

• My favorite episode of the series!

Comment

• Yup. Easily made my top 10 all time list.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhilegend
            who can hate this episode?
            Darkseid and his minions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalk3377

1. When Clark and Braniac are talking at his father's grave, Clark says and I quote "you sent the woman I love away". He should have said "you sent the woman I loved" away. This is a big difference in that he later claims to love Lois. "Loved" would have indicated he has moved on so when he says "I love you" to Lois we can believe it. Using "love" instead leaves doubt as to whether Clark is or ever will be fully over Lana.
              Per Al's twit when it aired it was referring to Kara

Comment

• Originally posted by Love Hurts 38
                Per Al's twit when it aired it was referring to Kara
                That's what I believed from the get go. Brainiac never sent Lana away. Her mind, yes, but not her. I'm not going to even make a joke about that. I want to, but I won't.

Anyway, he did send Kara to TPZ.
                Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 04-03-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• In hindsight, too bad the writers didn't expand from "Homecoming" and the episode was just a huge tease. As of "Kent" the writers still haven't delivered on the Superman- goods.

Comment

• Still my favorite episode of the season so far. Excellent script, great performances by the whole cast. I felt that old Smallville feeling as well as the feeling from Superman the Movie all in one episode. If there was anything higher than a ten I'd pick it!

Comment

• Probably one of the best episodes of the series !!!!!!!!

Comment

• This is my favorite episode of Smallville, ever! Smallville had a lot of great guest stars, but James Marsters as Brainiac is my favorite guest star. Perfect cast choice for Brainiac. This episode was perfect, especially the ending scene with Clark and Lois in each others arms in the barn.

Comment

• Justifiably one of the best episodes ever on the show. Definitely written as a thank you to the fans because of the nostalgia of the early seasons, the issues of the present day and a sublime nod to the future, it's got it all. More than anyone, Clark needed to be able to lock away his memories of past events in a way that meant he could move forward with his life and destiny without feeling burdened by whatever had gone on before. He needed something that stopped him from blaming himself for everything, and moping in the barn like he had been at the beginning of the episode.

There is just so much to like in this episode that it would be churlish to nitpick. If I had any criticisms, they would be with the idea that the future is somehow set and that Clark readily accepts it on that basis. That is minor though. A bigger one would be the absence of Chloe who is only shown in a flashback scene talking about the Wall Of Weird. She is mentioned several times though, and is shown to be of huge importance with the way she's revered by those two students who are carrying on The Torch. They reminded me of the Wonder Twins with how awestruck they were, and it was nice that they got a little message of encouragement to keep doing what they're doing.

Brainiac 5.0 was a nice touch - a good guy with good intentions sent to help Clark see the wood for the trees. A hero is indeed made in the moment.

I liked Oliver's little diatribe at the end too. The journalist had constantly tried to stick the boot in, and he called her and the general public out on it by explaining exactly why he was doing what he's doing, and about how we have chosen to live in a world where it's easy to be cynics and take potshots instead of doing things to affect real positive change in the world. It could have been heavy handed but it was handled with just the right balance so as not to come across as overly sentimental or preachy. Oliver with a purpose is a much more likeable character than the self-destructive and wayward rich kid.

And finally the Clois. Their moments were the equivalent of a Grand Slam HR in the final inning of the deciding game of the World Series. An absolute joy whether they were together in the scene or not.

Those future scenes are simply fantastic. Clark meeting Clark is a standout, future Lois is a riot of take charge moments and tenderness, we get a scene where Clark saves Lois, and we get to see Clark relax knowing that Lois will always have his back. She's a keeper.

And then that end scene, wow! I love it that Lois for all her boisterousness and bravado still gets shy when Clark takes charge. He does so emphatically at the end when he insists on the dance, he insists on telling her to shut up when she starts babbling, and he insists on living in the moment. After they say their I Love Yous, their reactions are telling. His smile is one of genuine happiness and contentment, and hers is the happy but shy reaction. His contentment is such that he's able to float. It's a terrific metaphor both for him being able to relinquish the burden of guilt, and for how he feels when he's with Lois.

Brilliant brilliant episode.

Comment

• The last of four episodes to have Clark time travel. It's a terrific episode. It's also a celebration of the 200th episode. A never before heard of figure, when it comes to live-action superhero shows. The two previous live-action adaptation about the last son of Krypton (Superboy and Lois & Clark) had lasted four years each. Superboy ended with 100 episodes and L&C had ended with 87 episodes. Even if you put the total amount of episodes and seasons of those two together, you'd be two seasons and 31 episodes behind Smallville.So, naturally, the episode contains flashbacks to earlier episodes and a glimpse into Clark's future.

We also get a guest appearance by the show's second FOTW, who is shown to have turned over a new leaf, thanks to Clark. Which is a nice touch. Of course, they didn't have many to choose from. Several of the early meteor freaks (Tina Greer, Sasha Woodman, Coach Walt, Sean Kelvin, Harry Volk, Earl Jenkins, Bob Rickman, Wade Mahaney and Tyler Randall) were killed. Some wouldn't be remembered (Derek Fox and Scott Bowman). Couldn't be brought back, because they had used the actor's twin brother in a larger role (Eric Summers). Or the original actress would be too expensive, as she's since made it big (Jodi Melville). Which really leaves you with Jeremy Creek, Greg Arkin and Justin Gaines. Out of those three, Greg is the one who would've had the most interaction with Clark (having gone to school together and established, in his first appearance, as having played together as kids).

I would like to argue that the future Clark sees isn't set. Here future-Lois mentions that Clark keeps all his stuff in the farm. However, later in the season Clark decides to sell the farm and is said to have accepted an offer in the finale. So, things (both big and small) can change. The message is simply not to be scared about the future... or dwell too much on the past.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 06-08-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎