Music in "Homecoming"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that Clark and Lois didn't get to dance to this song. Clark's love for Lois doesn't eclipse everything else. She's not EVERYTHING. But she is very special to him and he loves her. Clark has grown up a lot.

Comment

Not my type of music, since Im more into prog rock like dream theater lol. But it was great to hear. Took me a min to remember them playing this song on the first episode good memories. To bad remy zero didnt play save me again lol.

Comment

I know! i cried!

Comment

Yes, it was Clana's song that's why they stopped the music before it got to the "'cause you're the one that I want, the one I need" part, I think Clois deserved their own song, their own special moment.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Genny
          I liked that they used this song because technically Clark owed Lois a dance to this song from their prom. He left Lois to dance with Lana, yeah I know she told him to but still.
          No, the song that you're saying is "You and Me" NOT "Everything" the one that it was played tonight.
          Last edited by kal-el_Girl; 10-16-2010, 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

loved the lifehouse and the final song in the closing scenes

Comment

Epic song, first used right at the end of episode 1 if I'm not mistaken. I believe at that point Clark was lusting after Lana in his barn loft. Became a Lifehouse fan after that episode.

(Could it be a bit sad that I remember that sort of detail -- bit obsessed? maybe a little bit)

Comment

Lol I love that song "Everything" and they've used it like three times in s1. BUT I was kiiinda miffed that they cut where the song takes off lol. Felt kinda anti climatic...

Comment

I loved it! I seriously LOVED how they used it in the episode. The song made me fall in love with Smallville. Or Smallville made me fall in love with the song. I can no longer remember but that last scene with that song in the Pilot was definitely what got me hooked to the show.

And using it in the 200th episode was pure genius. It made so many memories come back It's totally a Clana song though, so I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when Clois were about to dance on it. Because it's kinda sacred for a Clana fan like myself. And I was so glad when they just ended up not dancing to that song. It was awesome. Like they had already turned a new page in their lives and that song and all it represented was just the past.

So glad Clois got their own special song in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
                    And using it in the 200th episode was pure genius. It made so many memories come back It's totally a Clana song though, so I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when Clois were about to dance on it. Because it's kinda sacred for a Clana fan like myself. And I was so glad when they just ended up not dancing to that song. It was awesome. Like they had already turned a new page in their lives and that song and all it represented was just the past.

So glad Clois got their own special song in the end.
                    ITA with this even although I wasnt a Clana fan lol

Comment

It was a nice callback. But I agree, it was more appropriate that Lois and Clark got their own song.

Comment

I hope they make a mixed CD of all the memorable songs in SV.There are plenty to choose from since its been a while since the Metropolis Mix CD.

Comment

the Lifehouse song was very fitting..

Comment

Not sure if this has been answered on any other threads, but does anyone know about the piano score they play when Clark and Lois have their "lost in eyes" moments? I guess I am calling it the Clark/Lois love song. They only play seconds of it at a time and I am wondering if anyone can point to a song or if it is something that the writers just put together for those moments.

----- Added 31 Minutes later -----

Sorry, not a piano score but a guitar or violin.
                            Last edited by sgrif; 10-16-2010, 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnietoons
                              Lol I love that song "Everything" and they've used it like three times in s1. BUT I was kiiinda miffed that they cut where the song takes off lol. Felt kinda anti climatic...

no way bro, that made it even better. This was clark and lana's song, it wasnt meant to be for them.

baby i need you in the barn, is there song

Comment

Originally posted by mkn
                                no way bro, that made it even better. This was clark and lana's song, it wasnt meant to be for them.
                                How is that? He never danced with Lana to that song (he only pretended to..). If anything it was Lana and Whitney's song as they danced to it together. MHO the purpose of playing that song was to transition from a fantasy in Clark's head to reality which is why Clark referred to "our dance" in the barn. "You and Me' on the other hand was Clark & Lana's song.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎