Special Effects in "Homecoming"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the way everything stopped including the baloons and Clark walked through the the gym.

Comment

The only thing that bothered me was the snow falling when Brainiac and Clark viewed Jonathan's funeral. But other than that, everything was great.

Comment

I loved the book and papers spinning and freezing when Brainiac got to the councilor

Comment

Clark hovering made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Episode like this deserves great effects and that's what we got imo

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf
              Superman flying around the explosion looked like crap, but the helicopter save was really good. And yeah, the cg of the buildings surrounding the Daily Planet did look really good. Best in a long time. I also quite liked the parts where Brainiac froze time.

The story actually didn't call for big special effects, so it all worked nicely. If there is a good story, special effects don't really matter.
              I noticed that, soon after Brainiac 5 walked through the entrance in the gym, the people around him were slightly moving very slowly. We haven't seen much of that lately, and I thought it was nice homage to earlier in the show.

Comment

Special Effects

I know the effect of having the same person twice on the same screen is no longer "special" these days. However, did anyone else notice that the Clark Kent of 2017 seemed to be just slightly smaller in size than our Clark, giving the impression of a more nerdy reporter?
                My big concern during the entire series has been how will the world know that CK and Superman are separate people. That shot in the elevator almost convinced me!

Comment

Okay, lets run through

#1. Brainiac appearing, and using the legion ring to see clark in slowmo

Clark...probably thought that suddenly he'd used his superspeed, LOL - when else does he see everything frozen in time

As someone said, unlike the blur effects of his higher and higher speed in later seasons they went with early superspeed-ish type of time affecting
                  a intresting choice of effects

oh, and its not ike they'd use the speed blur anyway- this wasnt speed,,, :P

Next- Brainiac's time travel...er, the lighting was awesome , the different light on clark and b5 in time travel mode....

Brainiac revealing jonathan's death - yea, that was awesome doing that flashback at the grave..
                  FX were good..

lets see...Superman speeding out of the elevator- lol, slightly off sync but enough to make Clark go WTF- i'm sold.

Clark catching helicopter- not bad
                  The nuke explosion- this is a biggie here,

the first part they got right(though everyone would be flash blinded , unless it eas just a radiation leak, though that mushroom cloud......er...)

the Superman zooming to stop it...i'll take it..

after all that- clark flying- they did the FX for this REALLY WELL, it looked quite legit, i couldnt believe it....

not a lot, and nothing to strenous outside of the time stuff and nuke - but the FX they used were solid. I'm happy they did what they did

----------------A slow motion/Clark time addict

Comment

When Brainiac froze time first, Clark stood up and walked forward. Two of the balloons nearest to him started moving because of the breeze he produced with that... Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by monel114
                      I know the effect of having the same person twice on the same screen is no longer "special" these days. However, did anyone else notice that the Clark Kent of 2017 seemed to be just slightly smaller in size than our Clark, giving the impression of a more nerdy reporter?
                      My big concern during the entire series has been how will the world know that CK and Superman are separate people. That shot in the elevator almost convinced me!
                      YES I noticed that right away....I thought it was PERFECT....

Comment

I thought they were great! Everytime I watch the reunion scene where the time gets frozen, I am amazed at the work they did. How'd they get the balloons to do that?

Excellent job.

Comment

I don't think it was that great. When Clark was sitting on the stage as the homecoming king a yellow balloon floated down into shot and I instantly thought "why is that a CG balloon?". A second later time froze and I thought "ah that's why".
                          Last edited by Cyberdog; 10-21-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Loved it! When Braniac Stopped time, when Superman contained the explosion and when Clark save Lois in the helicopter!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎