Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hulk (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pilot would most likely be 90 minutes. Which would give them more then enough time, to establish Banner's internal rage (as well as him becoming the Hulk and the elements around it), through a couple of flashbacks. They could start off, with a scene taking place, when Bruce was about nine years old. Brian Banner (his father) comes home from work, in a bad mood, slaps young Bruce. Brian then pushes Bruce's mother (Rebecca) into a wall and removes his belt. They zoom in, on young Bruce (who's closing his eyes and presses his hands up against his ears, so he won't hear it) and then disolves into 30-something Bruce Banner (who awakens from the nightmare). They set up the super-soldier experiments and Bruce's personal life. As well, as showing another few flashbacks to Bruce's childhood and youth (that his mother was eventually beaten to death, by his father. Maybe show a High School scene, with the teenage Bruce, being beaten up, by a bully...).
    Bruce decides (due to pressure, for result, by the military) to test their experimental super-soldier serum, on himself (in secret) and finds it having no result at all. Upset, he leaves the university, after dark and finds himself confronted by seven men, who starts beating on him (in an attempt to mugg him). Bruce's pulse begins to increase. We see the seven men beating and kicking him (followed by cutting between that and shots of younger Bruces being beaten, by both his father and bullies at school). The camera zooms in on Bruce's left arm, which begins to increase in size (becoming more and muscular) and the seven men are thrown into diffrent directions, as Banner begins to transform, into the Hulk and takes down the men, with ease.

Comment

nice work John! that's along the lines I was thinking- and I agree, a 90min pilot could work great!

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        The pilot would most likely be 90 minutes. Which would give them more then enough time, to establish Banner's internal rage (as well as him becoming the Hulk and the elements around it), through a couple of flashbacks. They could start off, with a scene taking place, when Bruce was about nine years old. Brian Banner (his father) comes home from work, in a bad mood, slaps young Bruce. Brian then pushes Bruce's mother (Rebecca) into a wall and removes his belt. They zoom in, on young Bruce (who's closing his eyes and presses his hands up against his ears, so he won't hear it) and then disolves into 30-something Bruce Banner (who awakens from the nightmare). They set up the super-soldier experiments and Bruce's personal life. As well, as showing another few flashbacks to Bruce's childhood and youth (that his mother was eventually beaten to death, by his father. Maybe show a High School scene, with the teenage Bruce, being beaten up, by a bully...).
        Bruce decides (due to pressure, for result, by the military) to test their experimental super-soldier serum, on himself (in secret) and finds it having no result at all. Upset, he leaves the university, after dark and finds himself confronted by seven men, who starts beating on him (in an attempt to mugg him). Bruce's pulse begins to increase. We see the seven men beating and kicking him (followed by cutting between that and shots of younger Bruces being beaten, by both his father and bullies at school). The camera zooms in on Bruce's left arm, which begins to increase in size (becoming more and muscular) and the seven men are thrown into diffrent directions, as Banner begins to transform, into the Hulk and takes down the men, with ease.
        ya that would be great and i agree with a 90 minute pilot. they really need to give bruce some sort of dark past. and i like the hulk tease where we would only see his arm (or other body part) transform. lets just hope they make it similar to that. i really hate when they make tv shows based on movies or comics or something and dont care about the fans enough to put thought into the script. sometimes i wish fans would write the shows instead of some writters lol. and if jeph loeb is doing it im sure we will be happy with what we get. hopefully the series (same as wonder woman) has all the comic book/tv show writers and directors working on the show. thats one thing about smallville is when the people who do a lot with comics do episodes they tend to be the best.

hopefully we get some concept art of how the hulk will look. the look of the hulk can make or break the series. also im really hoping he isnt cgi cause for one it costs too much and two if he is we would rarely see him. of course i dont think i want some dude in green paint either like the original just cause it would look cheap. i wouldnt mind if they did a doomsday suit like they did on smallville for the hulk cause doomsday didnt look that bad even tho we only got a 2 minute look of him lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=superhippie2000;6791969]

hopefully we get some concept art of how the hulk will look. the look of the hulk can make or break the series. also im really hoping he isnt cgi cause for one it costs too much and two if he is we would rarely see him. of course i dont think i want some dude in green paint either like the original just cause it would look cheap. i wouldnt mind if they did a doomsday suit like they did on smallville for the hulk cause doomsday didnt look that bad even tho we only got a 2 minute look of him lol.[/QUOTE]

true on both those points!

Comment

I have alot of faith with MARVEL doing this series. Plus having Del Toro on the project is a good thing. Apparently Cloak and Dagger is apparently going to be developed for TV as well.

Last edited by KSiteTV; 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM. Reason: The article you linked had the same thing I posted; would rather you post to KSite network sites instead.

Comment

Del Toro did Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth right? personally i dont think his style would work for the Hulk. hes good with dark creature fanatasy type stuff but im not sure how that would fit in with the hulk when atleast for starters the hulk will pretty much be up agianst humans. of course im basing this on those being the only 2 things of his ive seen so maybe his other stuff is less of that.

i wonder if we will get Stan Lee in the series. he is in all of his comic stuff. its always fun playing "Wheres Waldo" with him in all the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                Del Toro did Hellboy and Pans Labyrinth right? personally i dont think his style would work for the Hulk. hes good with dark creature fanatasy type stuff but im not sure how that would fit in with the hulk when atleast for starters the hulk will pretty much be up agianst humans. of course im basing this on those being the only 2 things of his ive seen so maybe his other stuff is less of that.
                I think Del Toro would work well for The Hulk TV series, becuase Hellboy is similar to Hulk in that both characters are treated with fear and hysteria. Also Hellboy, Blade II and Pans Labyrinth demonstrates how Del Toro is able to show dark films about monstorus creatures like Hulk.

Comment

im hoping that this and wonderwoman will try to start out like smallville did. have it be an origin story. have friends and all that stuff while deal with their powers. i dont want it to be all 20 years ago bruce banner turned into the hulk..... TODAY then make it be like we are supposed to know everything about whats going on. i say like with smallville do a basic story at first and if the show goes on to run for a long time then get more extreme with the comics.
                  I have a very big problem with comparing any potential superhero show to Smallville. Smallville was originally not a superhero show. It was supposed to tell a very specific story about a character who already had powers but before he became an iconic, legendary hero. It has since basically evolved into a show about Superman: he's in Metropolis fighting famous villains and encountering future members of the Justice League - only he's not Superman yet. Even if you like it, you have to agree that it's a very alternate take on the legend.

And my problem is that I don't want more shows like that. I don't, for example, want a show about The Flash before he becomes The Flash, only after four seasons for it to eventually be about him fighting his rogues gallery and meeting other DC characters - all without ever becoming the Flash until the last episode. I want to see THE FLASH.

Now I know you're not saying that, that you want Banner to become Hulk at the end of the Pilot and deal with being the Hulk for the first season, etc, etc. Well frankly, most superhero shows have been like that already. Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman all had 90-minute pilots that took their time introducing the characters and usually didn't have them become their alter-ego until the second half of the pilot. And the first season for all three shows revolved around them finding their places in the world (more or less - maybe less so in Wonder Woman's case).

So I think a Hulk show or a WW show being like that would just be a return to classic superhero television form. The whole "20 years ago Bruce Banner became the Hulk" thing doesn't even concern me, because I don't know any show that's been like that. Was the original Hulk series like that? I've only seen a couple episodes.
                  im really hoping he isnt cgi cause for one it costs too much and two if he is we would rarely see him. of course i dont think i want some dude in green paint either like the original just cause it would look cheap. i wouldnt mind if they did a doomsday suit like they did on smallville for the hulk cause doomsday didnt look that bad even tho we only got a 2 minute look of him lol.
                  I'm pretty sure they couldn't show more than two minutes worth of him or that'd expose how he was just a guy in a rubber suit. If you're worried about rarely seeing him, I don't think that would be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                    I think Del Toro would work well for The Hulk TV series, becuase Hellboy is similar to Hulk in that both characters are treated with fear and hysteria. Also Hellboy, Blade II and Pans Labyrinth demonstrates how Del Toro is able to show dark films about monstorus creatures like Hulk.
                    ya character wise and tone i think hed do good im just not sure if id want to see a bunch of weird creatures running around lol. id love for him to do an episode of supernatural tho lol. im sure while people are bidding on getting to do the show we will get different storyline concepts and concept art and stuff so i probably shouldnt judge till then. i just know i dont want it all bright and perky looking but that said i also dont want it really dark like batman would be. somewhere in the middle.

one thing about remakes and updating already made things is that its really hard to enjoy cause your always comparing. i love smallville but when you look stuff up or already know stuff about a certian character and they do a lamer version its like oh come on why couldnt they have used this version or whatnot. on the other hand sometimes going a different way could be good. like bizarro

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j03superbat
                    I have a very big problem with comparing any potential superhero show to Smallville. Smallville was originally not a superhero show. It was supposed to tell a very specific story about a character who already had powers but before he became an iconic, legendary hero. It has since basically evolved into a show about Superman: he's in Metropolis fighting famous villains and encountering future members of the Justice League - only he's not Superman yet. Even if you like it, you have to agree that it's a very alternate take on the legend.

And my problem is that I don't want more shows like that. I don't, for example, want a show about The Flash before he becomes The Flash, only after four seasons for it to eventually be about him fighting his rogues gallery and meeting other DC characters - all without ever becoming the Flash until the last episode. I want to see THE FLASH.

Now I know you're not saying that, that you want Banner to become Hulk at the end of the Pilot and deal with being the Hulk for the first season, etc, etc. Well frankly, most superhero shows have been like that already. Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman all had 90-minute pilots that took their time introducing the characters and usually didn't have them become their alter-ego until the second half of the pilot. And the first season for all three shows revolved around them finding their places in the world (more or less - maybe less so in Wonder Woman's case).

So I think a Hulk show or a WW show being like that would just be a return to classic superhero television form. The whole "20 years ago Bruce Banner became the Hulk" thing doesn't even concern me, because I don't know any show that's been like that. Was the original Hulk series like that? I've only seen a couple episodes.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't show more than two minutes worth of him or that'd expose how he was just a guy in a rubber suit. If you're worried about rarely seeing him, I don't think that would be the way to go.
                    i dont mean to copy smallville just to atleast start off from the begining rather then jump from one thing to another. i agree since smallville was ment to be a superman prequal and not be a superman show so i wouldnt want hulk or wonderwoman to be said to be a prequal and then have it go all over the place. id just want some starting point rather then comming in saying in the first 5 minutes "So many years ago a young scientist got infected by stuff and now he turns into a monster everytime he gets angry" then skip to him so many years later walking down the street getting mugged and turning into the hulk. the only prequal stuff should be the first part of the pilot for the most part. agian comparing to smallville the prequal when the meteor shower happened but not the 12 years later thing. like you shows some major things from his life growing up and once he is about to experiment go from there with no more time jumps.

ya i agree i wouldnt want to wait forever for the flash to become the flash either. the hulk should be the hulk fully for us to see by the second episode. and they shouldnt hint around the name the hulk although dont use it right away until someone comes up with the name. i just dont want it comming out of the blue like "ummm i shall call him hulk" "how did you come up with that" "oh i dont know i just figured big angry green dude would take too much time to say" lol.

classic is always good but with an updated twist. i also hope the hulk is more of what people kow and they dont try to make their own version of him completely. like if the hulk wouldnt do it in the comics then dont make him do it on tv.

the 20 years thing was just an exgeration. i just mean i dont want them skipping over a big chunk of him being the hulk.

ya that could be true too. "Oops i see doomsday's zipper"
                    Last edited by superhippie2000; 10-15-2010, 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

id just want some starting point rather then comming in saying in the first 5 minutes "So many years ago a young scientist got infected by stuff and now he turns into a monster everytime he gets angry" then skip to him so many years later walking down the street getting mugged and turning into the hulk.
                      I get that that's what you don't want, I'm just wondering what show is like that. I know several cartoons are like that (they skip over the origin and just show the superhero already in action), but like I said, most live-action superhero shows use the whole pilot to tell the origin.

In other words, I figured it's just assumed that's what they'll do.

Comment

i have no clue lol. its just something id assume they would do.

Comment

If Del Toro is involved, I wouldn't mind at all if the show was about weird creatures and such. The Hulk is a weird creature in himself, plus if you throw in characters like the Abomination and The Leader you're going to have weird looking creatures... although I preferred the more "real life" feeling of the old Hulk TV show where Banner was the only strange creature in that world.

There's still the question of tying in to the movies - which I still think would be interesting. Another thing I was thinking is "what about the grey Hulk?" It's not as iconic as the green, but it's still a lot easier to stomach for a newcomer than the red one is. Green can come out at November sweeps and milestone episodes, haha.

Comment

jack swagger as the hulk

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                              If Del Toro is involved, I wouldn't mind at all if the show was about weird creatures and such. The Hulk is a weird creature in himself, plus if you throw in characters like the Abomination and The Leader you're going to have weird looking creatures... although I preferred the more "real life" feeling of the old Hulk TV show where Banner was the only strange creature in that world.

There's still the question of tying in to the movies - which I still think would be interesting. Another thing I was thinking is "what about the grey Hulk?" It's not as iconic as the green, but it's still a lot easier to stomach for a newcomer than the red one is. Green can come out at November sweeps and milestone episodes, haha.
                              i mean creatures and villians and stuff are fine but i dont think they should start doing that right away. like have the villian be the hulk for starters and once they expand on him and make us realize he is a hero then bring in the villians and creatures. and like you said id prefer the real life feeling to it.

above we talked about the different color hulks and felt the same way about starting him off as grey and having him transform into green. just to show the stronger he gets his color changes. with the red hulk im not sure but since green is the way we mostly see him i dont think id want him to color change to red. atleast not for good. a couple of seasons out id think it would be good to see him as red hulk but only have him red on ceretian occasions and not on a permanent basis.

Comment

above we talked about the different color hulks and felt the same way about starting him off as grey and having him transform into green. just to show the stronger he gets his color changes. with the red hulk im not sure but since green is the way we mostly see him i dont think id want him to color change to red. atleast not for good. a couple of seasons out id think it would be good to see him as red hulk but only have him red on ceretian occasions and not on a permanent basis.

I am not sure Banner was ever the Red Hulk, as far as I know Betty's dad the General is Red Hulk and Betty is Red She Hulk.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎