No announcement yet.

Lois a bad reporter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginevrakent
    I never implied they were the same. I only suggested that it's not bad journalism for a reporter to expose hypocrisy wherever it exists and in whatever form it takes.
    Child abuse is not hypocrisy, its a crime.

Like I said before, I would agree with you, if I saw any evidence that Lois ignores or refuses to print anti-vigilante pieces whenever she learns of their misdeeds.
    Yet the people who are anti-vigilante are either misguided or deserve to be taken out.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by borednow
    Exactly! She hasn't been shown the dirt on this vigilantes and she knows two up close and personal!
    Who the he11 cares!!!! A good journalist looks at both sides, not just takes the side of their friends without even bothering to investigate who what when where and why the anti vigilante's emerged. Good gawd this is not Tudor England, where everyone has to think the same as everyone else. So Godfrey dares not to like Green Arrow who happens to be Lois' friend; and as a result he must lose his job.
    Last edited by Dyanara; 10-09-2010, 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      In my opinion Somebody who claims to be a moral authority(say like Rush Limbaugh) deserves to have there morals questioned so people have a clue what they are dealing with. Weither it's illegal aliens or Superhero's are evil he opened himself up for scrutiny by becoming a moral authority.
      He never cliamed to be a moral authority. All he did was voice his opinion agaist illiegal immigration, and we have no clue if he was arguing the moral's of it, just that he was against it. I do not think it is fair that his career has been ruined becuase of something he did while not in control of his actions. For all we know before he was taken over be Darkseid he had never even stepped foot in Dasaad.

Comment

Ummm actually it was Conservative Radio host caught in spank club... and to it's fitness for print I'll just quote someone else:

anding exactly, it may not prove their point wrong, but if you tout yourself as a moral centre of knowledge you better clean your freaking house.

I think I should be more clear. I agree with you on that. It was sent to a tabloid to imply he was really just a nobody. His fall from grace isn't "real' news.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
          Yet the people who are anti-vigilante are either misguided or deserve to be taken out.
          Well if all the evidence point to the vigilantes being good isn't that true?

Also wasn't he telling out right lies? Like hideous mutated freaks who wont show their faces because they are hideous and stuff like that? You can make a legitimate argument about vigilantes being bad but that wasn't what he was doing, he was just lying and stirring up fear, he deserved to have it turned on him. It's justice as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
            Darkseid was described in by Kara as someone who prayed on those who doubted themselves. Just becuase Godfrey had a 'wavering soul' does not mean that he was part of the Dasaad club before Darkseid got to him. Lois could have figured it out by the way Godfrey was talking to her throughout the episode. Also if Lois had done a background check on him, his sudden anti0hero stance should have made her suspect that sometihng was up.
            Ok, if Lois had been a better journalist and not had been obsessed with bringing him down she would have done some further research and perhaps discovered that Godfrey has never frequented this club until a few days ago. Hmm...thats weird, I should keep that intel locked up it might be useful.
            And Darkseid is also trying to work on Clark so does that mean he is also not an innocent man and as a result deserves to be taken down and ruined? Sense when is being a human being and waivering in your faith or beliefs equals some form of crime?
            I'm curious about something. Both of you seem very confident that if Lois had researched Godfrey in more detail, she would have discovered his anti-vigilante stance was brand new and his depraved after hours activities were new as well. Do you have proof or are you just guessing?

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Child abuse is not hypocrisy, its a crime.
            I didn't say child abuse wasn't a crime. Child abuse is a crime, but it's also hypocritical for a priest who vows chastity and teaches others how to avoid sin to engage in the illegal act of child abuse.

Of course, if investigation ultimately proves they should be, which it did in this case.
            Last edited by ginevrakent; 10-09-2010, 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm curious about something. Both of you seem very confident that if Lois had researched Godfrey in more detail, she would have discovered his anti-vigilante stance was brand new and his depraved after hours activities were new as well. Do you have proof or are you just guessing?

I'll say this much,

"I have nothing to hide".

I'm inclined to believe him.

Comment

I was not talking about Cat's I was talking about Godfrey. He was doing nothing illegal about being in that S*M club even if it was disgusting.
                And your defense of Lois is that Cat is a biased bigot as well? Ok two wrongs apparently make a right.
                I am not a debater nor a great intellectual and obviously a very poor defender.

All I was trying to say is that neither Lois nor Cat are perfect. But both women are willing to stand up for what they believe and Lois can play some pretty aggressive and reckless hardball for people she doesn't even know, let alone those she considers friends and family. Regarding Clark, if Lois were Shelby I could see her marking her territory. I mean, this is the woman who, even when she and Clark weren't dating, went after Maxima.

Comment

He never cliamed to be a moral authority. All he did was voice his opinion agaist illiegal immigration, and we have no clue if he was arguing the moral's of it, just that he was against it. I do not think it is fair that his career has been ruined becuase of something he did while not in control of his actions. For all we know before he was taken over be Darkseid he had never even stepped foot in Dasaad.
                  Again, I have to ask, how did you expect Lois to know Godfrey wasn't himself? Did anyone tell her about "The Darkness?" Lois did the best she could with the information she had.

Comment

He was presented as a radio talk show host ala like Rush Limbaugh(ie spewing all his moral values for everybody to hear) so yes I do believe in cases like that they open themself up for scrutiny. Now if his job was to do the top 40 countdown on the radio I don't think his personal life and values should be a big issues

I didn't say child abuse wasn't a crime. Child abuse is a crime, but it's also hypocritical for a priest who vows chastity and teaches others how to avoid sin to engage in the illegal act of child abuse.
                    I think a better example might be a Senator who is against gay marriage who is gay himself. Normally I would say somebody's sexual preference is nobody's business but the second they put themselves on the line like that I believe people have a right to know and nothing in the big picture is wrong being gay
                    Last edited by Supsfan; 10-09-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Who the he11 cares!!!! A good journalist looks at both sides, not just takes the side of their friends without even bothering to investigate who what when where and why the anti vigilante's emerged. Good gawd this is not Tudor England, where everyone has to think the same as everyone else. So Godfrey dares not to like Green Arrow who happens to be Lois' friend; and as a result he must lose his job.
                      Even if Lois went back and looked and saw Godfrey only started his campaign 3 weeks ago... why should she assume it had anything to do with being possessed? People grab hot topics and try to make a name for themselves at the top with them all the time! They may not even have strong opinions on them really! They just find a hot button issue take a strong stance and scream it at the top of their lungs. It happens all the time!

Part two: Who the hell cares? ... Lois has the inside scoop on the vigilantes! That is what that means! She knows them! She isn't siding with her friends without knowing what they are doing! She is siding with them after having been repeatedly saved by them and seeing the good they do and knowing the good they want to do! Lois has the story! She knows they are good guys and that Godfrey was WRONG! Godfrey was doing nothing but spreading vicious lies to stir up peoples emotions and Lois was willing to be civil at first until he called the Blur a mutated freak afraid to come out of the shadows and show it's hideous face. That was one bald face lie too many for Lois. As far as I am concerned he deserved to have his reputation crushed!

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                        I'll say this much,

"I have nothing to hide".

I'm inclined to believe him.
                        Yeah, hypocrisy has often been found in those who proclaim just the same. I'm not convinced a pre-Darkseid Godfrey was a spotless lamb.

Comment

Well if all the evidence point to the vigilantes being good isn't that true?

Also wasn't he telling out right lies? Like hideous mutated freaks who wont show their faces because they are hideous and stuff like that? You can make a legitimate argument about vigilantes being bad but that wasn't what he was doing, he was just lying and stirring up fear, he deserved to have it turned on him. It's justice as far as I'm concerned.
                          Does he know it was a lie? Have they stepped forward to reveal it is a lie and that they are just normal people like everybody else? You cant call someone out for lying when nobody knows the damn truth. That is like calling 14th century Spaniards liars because they thought the earth was flat or that the earth was the center of the universe.
                          And what evidence do you know Godfrey has that the vigilante's are all good? You don't know anything he has or what has influenced his opinion. Cat last week had a picture of apparent vigilante's torturing someone and that could have influenced their opinions, even Oliver didnt know where the picture came from.
                          Refering to superpowered beings as freaks is not a lie it is an opinion; it has been used in Smallville numerous times before as well as in X-men. Godfrey is a bigot but being a bigot is protected under the constitution.

Comment

Darkseid was described in by Kara as someone who prayed on those who doubted themselves. Just becuase Godfrey had a 'wavering soul' does not mean that he was part of the Dasaad club before Darkseid got to him. Lois could have figured it out by the way Godfrey was talking to her throughout the episode. Also if Lois had done a background check on him, his sudden anti0hero stance should have made her suspect that sometihng was up.
                            "Sudden"? Have you watched the beginning of the episode? He was already doing his antihero propaganda on radio before Darkseid possesed him.

Comment

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----
                              I never said his anti vigilante stance was new, it clearly wasnt. But being anti-vigilante is not a crime, vigilantism actually is a crime and him speaking out against it is expressing his opinion as a radio talk show host. Lois as a reporter should have done more research regardless of what she found, she should have done the work and searched for the truth, not for the truth she is interested in telling.

Comment

Cat last week had a picture of apparent vigilante's torturing someone and that could have influenced their opinions, even Oliver didnt know where the picture came from.
                                It was the suicide squat and most likely torturing heroes like Olivier since it was the place Rickflag had tortured Oliver, that's how he find him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎