No announcement yet.

Lois a bad reporter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dyanara
    The news should be unbiased and I thought that was the kind of reporter Lois was supposed to be.
    Lois has always had a weakness for Sups... but yeah if there is dirt she will call him on it. Problem is she's in there, she knows Oliver and Clark and knows for a fact they are good people, right now they don't have dirt to be called on really. Why does that make her an "apologist" or a "blind supporter"? The definition of blind support would mean she wouldn't know what they are doing! She does! She's there! She knows Clark!

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
      Also this is classic Lois "I think this guy is dirty! I'm going to find out what he is doing!" Lane from every incarnation. So if this Lois is a "Bad Reporter" Well then that's what her character should be.
      Except Lois in the other incarnations would have done a background check on the guy and realized that he was not anti heroes until 3 weeks previously and before that he was more concerned about illiegal immigration.

Comment

It's not that I'm questioning Lois here. The character was used as a tool to initiate this sort of conversation if you catch my meaning. It's not that I'm upset with her motives or anything. My comments are more associated with how this season is being written. It's a lot more on the nose than usual and I expect TPTB to keep a fair minded approach to it all.

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
          I expect TPTB to keep a fair minded approach to it all.
          ... good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
            Except Lois in the other incarnations would have done a background check on the guy and realized that he was not anti heroes until 3 weeks previously and before that he was more concerned about illiegal immigration.
            In my opinion Somebody who claims to be a moral authority(say like Rush Limbaugh) deserves to have there morals questioned so people have a clue what they are dealing with. Weither it's illegal aliens or Superhero's are evil he opened himself up for scrutiny by becoming a moral authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
              For all we know Godfrey did nothing with Club Dasaad until he was posessed by Darkseid. So Lois ruined an innocent man's career. That to me indicates bad journalism.
              Maybe not bad journalism but biased journalism; now is biased journalism bad?

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                How exactly was Lois supposed to know Godfrey was possessed by "The Darkness?" In addition, Darkseid has been explicitly described as someone who possesses "wavering souls" so the fact that Godfrey was possessed already indicates he wasn't an innocent man.
                Darkseid was described in by Kara as someone who prayed on those who doubted themselves. Just becuase Godfrey had a 'wavering soul' does not mean that he was part of the Dasaad club before Darkseid got to him. Lois could have figured it out by the way Godfrey was talking to her throughout the episode. Also if Lois had done a background check on him, his sudden anti0hero stance should have made her suspect that sometihng was up.

Comment

Typically journalists don't do either, a good journalist reports the facts and the context but opinions should be out of it... but notice Lois did all of that to help Oliver, and Clark, she didn't print the story herself anyway, she gave the story to the tabloid she used to work at in the form of pictures which frankly spoke for themselves, she actually didn't write anything!

That's because the story wasn't "fit" for Daily Planet. Conservative Radio talk show host turns to the Darkseid. The dismissal of it all says something.

Comment

Maybe not bad journalism but biased journalism; now is biased journalism bad?
                    I would so if it involves destroying a person's career for something that was not their fault.

Comment

How exactly was Lois supposed to know Godfrey was possessed by "The Darkness?" In addition, Darkseid has been explicitly described as someone who possesses "wavering souls" so the fact that Godfrey was possessed already indicates he wasn't an innocent man.
                      Ok, if Lois had been a better journalist and not had been obsessed with bringing him down she would have done some further research and perhaps discovered that Godfrey has never frequented this club until a few days ago. Hmm...thats weird, I should keep that intel locked up it might be useful.
                      And Darkseid is also trying to work on Clark so does that mean he is also not an innocent man and as a result deserves to be taken down and ruined? Sense when is being a human being and waivering in your faith or beliefs equals some form of crime?

Comment

... good luck with that!

Comment

Ok, being into S*M is not equal to raping children.
                          I never implied they were the same. I only suggested that it's not bad journalism for a reporter to expose hypocrisy wherever it exists and in whatever form it takes.

And I personally have always had a problem with people playing gotcha with politicians or famous peoples personal lives ala Tiger Woods. Whoever he is boinking is nobody else business but he and his wifes.
                          What Lois did was not "gotcha" journalism. Tiger Woods's infidelity has nothing to do with his golf game so exposing him in the press was out of line. Godfrey was different. He put himself out there in the public as a mouthpiece against those who hide because they are grotesque and poor examples for children. You can't paint yourself a paragon and chide those who hide in the shadows when you hide your own depravity in the dark. The people buying Godfrey's book deserve to know he doesn't practice what he preaches. I know I certainly wouldn't want to buy a self-help book for a particular diet, for example, only to find out the author doesn't believe in it and even adheres to another diet plan.

But apart from that, as a good solid reporter, shouldnt Lois investigate both sides of a situation and story? She is the superhero apologist and blind supporter which seems to be a 21st century mentality amongst journalist. Instead of getting the story they just want to support what they believe in. You see a lot of this with political journalist, dems hate George Bush, reps hate Barack Obama and nothing they ever do will change that opinion.
                          The news should be unbiased and I thought that was the kind of reporter Lois was supposed to be.
                          Like I said before, I would agree with you, if I saw any evidence that Lois ignores or refuses to print anti-vigilante pieces whenever she learns of their misdeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                            That's because the story wasn't "fit" for Daily Planet. Conservative Radio talk show host turns to the Darkseid. The dismissal of it all says something.
                            Ummm actually it was Conservative Radio host caught in spank club... and to it's fitness for print I'll just quote someone else:
                            Originally posted by Supsfan
                            In my opinion Somebody who claims to be a moral authority(say like Rush Limbaugh) deserves to have there morals questioned so people have a clue what they are dealing with. Weither it's illegal aliens or Superhero's are evil he opened himself up for scrutiny by becoming a moral authority.
                            anding exactly, it may not prove their point wrong, but if you tout yourself as a moral centre of knowledge you better clean your freaking house.

Comment

It just seems like this whole thing reeks of Perez Hilton, I don't like you so I am going to find something bad enough that will destroy you because you don't believe in what I believe.

Comment

Like I said before, I would agree with you, if I saw any evidence that Lois ignores or refuses to print anti-vigilante pieces whenever she learns of their misdeeds.
                                Exactly! She hasn't been shown the dirt on this vigilantes and she knows two up close and personal!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎